Home

PC gamer review

Blokie_

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I just got the divx version from Bartalo's mirror... damn it rocks! Can't wait for this game... The only problems i have with it are at 1:44, when he kills that guy in slow motion... Kyle looks awesome, but the enemy is rocketed away at like 100kph,and keeps moving in 'jumps' across the ground, and his saber trails at that part kind of ruin the effect. The other thing was, at 1:29, kyle takes a swing then strafes in front of a wall, but no scorchmarks are left until the swing has finished.

Also, listen closely at 1:52, you can hear a voice say: "Using Force " and then cuts to the next scene. :mad:

Also+, check out 1:07, just before Kyle lightnings the guy, he glows like hes being lightninged. wtf?:confused:

Really, the only thing that caused me to yell "cool!" out loud was at 1:37, when Kyle is dueling one of those resurrected jedi when he and his opponent bring their lightsabers togething in the best blocking move EVER! Well, not blocking really, but their sabers collide! :D

I've just read the review, and it must be said that it has me rather worried in places!

They seem to think that the Force powers are largely uneccessary, and that most duels can be won by jumping behind your opponent and sabre throwing him.

Sounds like a bit of a flaw in the system!

Well if it is a known flaw maybe Raven is working on it? This is still beta.

btw, I am not trying be a complainer, but the divx 14MB version is alot grainier and less quality than the 92MB version (.mov), but still if you have a slow connection it is the way to go and it was a very good idea, if you have a faster connection I still suggest d/ling the larger one as the vid is alot clearer.

Sadly I must concur with you, Ushgarak and FriendlyGhost (welcome, BTW :)) - the review ended on a rather low note... :(

I seriously hope that the Force powers aren't as negligible as the review seems to make out... perhaps if I play as stealthily as possible (the way I intend to, mostly) they might be of more use... I really hope so... :(

Originally posted by Darth Lunatic

I havent read the review. But what do they mean specifically about the force powers? Do they mean you can complete the game just as easily without using force powers (and the light saber)?

Essentially, yes (there are a few places where it's impossible to progrees without using them)

Here's a quote -

"[...]More worryingly, it's arguable how much you need to use the Powers at all in the single-player game. JK II can be completed (certainly at lower skill levels) using weapons alone, with only some brief sections where the Force is essential to solve basic puzzles (Force Pushing a crate onto a switch to activate a lift, for example)."

:(

I was going to get the mag but now i'll jsut dwonlaod thwe 14meg divx version :D.... what's all this about force powers not being important :eek: force powers is what this game is almost built on (alongside guns)

Oh yeh if you've noticed i have been gone for a while and things then it's because of RL things and my modem is being a pain in the ass and also that i have been playing MoH. oh yeh have a newbie spoon replica all the newbies.

I just got the mag.......I havent got to the review yet, but that movie is amazing, shame about the quality though :(

I especially liked the officer commands like "Get behind him".......I also liked the saber throw which got 1 bad guy going away from Kyle and one on the way back, I loved the green lightsaber :D, and finally I liked Kyles dodges :)

The negligibility of the Force powers might just be down to opinion, of course.

But that comment about beating all sabre opponents- including the bosses- by just getting behind them and using sabre throw worries me lots. It seems to render a lot of that lightsabre effort useless if it is true.

I guess some of this could be tidied up before the final release, but then it would have been a waste of time letting PCG review it...

It is also VERY odd to have a review that states that an extra month of developmment would have improved the game, when said review is released a month before the game is!

Actually, I am not sure what the reviewer meant when he said that you don't 'need' the Force powers. He says you can complete the games with weapons alone.

I would have thought that was rather obvious. I mean, you don't 'need' the Force powers in the original, either, do you? Do the whole game with the pistol if you want, duels aside.

The Force powers are an extra tool, like any other.

Perhaps what he is really saying there is that the game is too easy. So let's be playing it on maximum difficulty, I think!

Originally posted by Ushgarak

Actually, I am not sure what the reviewer meant when he said that you don't 'need' the Force powers. He says you can complete the games with weapons alone.

I would have thought that was rather obvious. I mean, you don't 'need' the Force powers in the original, either, do you? Do the whole game with the pistol if you want, duels aside.

The Force powers are an extra tool, like any other.

Perhaps what he is really saying there is that the game is too easy. So let's be playing it on maximum difficulty, I think!

absolutely wrong

maybe you wont need to grip or fry troopers, because you can disrupt them out of the way, but you cant finish the game without using force powers.

It was needed before (MotS), and now there will be more force power puzzles, It has been mentioned everywhere that that is one of the reasons why you cant choose your powers, because you will be assigned the powers you will need to use

Originally posted by Broode

Also+, check out 1:07, just before Kyle lightnings the guy, he glows like hes being lightninged. wtf?

you are right

weird

Kyle also glows before frying the guy

maybe he uses heal

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

look at around 0:44 when he jumps down off that platform, a dark jedi is waiting below, and it looks like he is in a Darth Maul like cloak!

or am i mistaken!?

I think Youv seen TPM too many times :p

besides all Jedi use the same cloaks

Archived