Home

PC gamer review

Blokie_

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Apparition
Originally posted by GUNNER

Um, how come I got my PC gamer lastweek and on the cover was tomb raider?

I got ripped off.

We're talking about PCGamerUK They reviewed a beta copy.

While on the topic of PC GAMER...

Is it just me or has this magazine slacked off lately?

Sure, the PC GAMER tag on the sides of the magazines, as you stack 'em up, looks nice... but I remember a time when one, single issue was the size of THREE of the kind they publish now.

Just really ticks me off...

What u guys talkin about Duke Nukem and Half Life....when the

guys who are makin Jedi Outcast is bringing out a sequel to one

of the most best (and violent) shooters out there...

Yeh....I'm talkin about SOF2: Double Helix...

Can't wait to get back into Mr. Mullins shoes...and kick ass..

after playin Jedi Outcast of course.;)

Qel

Hi there

Just to clarify a few points brought up on this forum...

1. Yes, there is/are useable/driveable vehicles/turrets in the game - I don't think you'd want me to reveal the best one because it occurs quite late on in the game and is a great surpise.

2. It would be an infringement of our copyright to scan the pages online and I'd have to get our legal blokes to send an email asking to take them down, so please don't - it will only be a waste of everyone's time.

3. The mag should be available to buy from bigger bookstores in the US - or you can buy a sub online via http://www.futurenet.co.uk or you can just buy the single issue by clicking on the 'PC Gamer' tab at http://www.futurenet.co.uk/futureonline/magazine.asp

The latter page is currently showing the issue,before the JK review one, but this will change by tomorrow.

4. Both editions (CD and DVD) carry the new movie - although no playable demo. As far as I'm aware, if a playable demo is made it will be after the game has shipped. In the UK, the playable demo will appear on PC Gamer before any other mag.

Any more queries, feel free to email me

Cheers,

Matt Pierce

Editor, PC GAMER UK

Guest Sarcastic Saint

hmpff....you can take your scans....but you'll never take our FREEDOM!!!! :D

j/k anyways i'm somewhat indifferent about this sort of stuff....therefore i shall refrain from commenting... ;)

lol i think i started something with my email posting :)

Matt if you would happen to be around again, you wouldnt coincidentally know if the mag comes out on friday in Holland as well or if theres a delay?

:)

btw morpheus, dont even go there in what kind of things i've found!!!!

Hi guys (been lurking here for ages, never have time to post)

The file you are looking for on Morpheus is called: uk_final mix.mov that is unless those who have put it up have changed the name. It is exactly 93,927 KB. I would offer to share it myself, but unfortunately I am at uni so it aint really an option. I can tell you that it is full of almost all new footage (I took the comments from PCGUK to mean that it would just be a higher res. and longer version of last weeks trailer) It includes long 5-15 second 1st person perspective shots of Kyle messing about gunning stormtroopers, along with quite a bit of multiplayer lightsaber deathmatch stuff (and some very good AT-ST action). All in all V. Good. :)

Gordon.

Well, I could do the community a favor. I have a server 24/7, so if someone mail me about how he/she can give me the 90+MB trailer, I'll be glad to share it :D

BTW: I have now a low post count, but I'm the same Magnum that previously was the proud #66 member :)

Too bad I wasn't able to keep my old account... :eyeraise:

So the file is called "uk_final mix.mov"

Ok of us who can d/l it we should drop it in our shared folder when done so all can enjoy

thx.

btw I have 20% d/led right now and it has taken around 15 minutes.

It's a .mov (Quicktime File) Big Surprise......

EDIT it stopped d/ling at 26%, looks like whoever was hosting it logged off for a while, but that is why morpheus is so nice, as soon as they log back it auto resumes.

btw I will open 5 slots when it is complete and host it under a different name, I'll let you guys know if it ever completes.

Archived