Home

PC gamer review

Blokie_

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"if pc gamer uk is coming out tommorow in uk when will it be availible to the stores that sell pc gamer uk? "

I guess it is area to area, I called 4 Barnes and Nobles and about 6 other misc book stores where I live and none carry PC Gamer UK, I think you can get it from here:

http://www.futurenet.co.uk/futureonline/magazine.asp

btw I emailed them and here was their response:

** Thank you for contacting the Future Publishing subscriptions

department **

Our customer services team has received your enquiry and you will

receive a reply within 3 working days. \28This is not applicable

to the ordering of 'Single Issues', whereby the issue should be

received within 28 days\29.

If you require a more urgent response, please call us on 0870 444 8470.

Our telephones are manned from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday.

EDIT: 2% woohoo! lol

Guest X-Vector

TUS_Tomcat, you should configure DAP to match your settings, you can do that by activating the "downloads" drop-down menu and selecting "options/configurations".

There's an "advanced" option in there that tells DAP to shutdown the PC after the download has finished, looks like I'm now 'forced' to actually use that feature.

Guest X-Vector
Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

weet je trouwens hoeveel dagen na Engeland de PCGamer UK hier uitkomt? Zouden ze hem morgen al hebben bij de Bruna e.d. of heb je net als ik geen idee?

Ich hab' leider keine Ahnung.

Hunte bluden doinken honnken stunken daaagen woogen wieeegen cracken hunknen

*Tomcats impression of Scandinavian languages* :)

Well, im signing off for the night too...

i hope itll speed up a bit, and be done (or at least past 30 megs lol ) when i wake up

23 hours remaining, duh, lol

havent reached 1% yet

it all varies alot though

heh its so crazy seeing you guys go ape **** over this trailer. I'll pick up the mag in about 10 hours from now and have a good read and watch the trailer and then upload it on a server somewhere. If I had a scanner I would scan the articles.

but then there's that copyright thing?...

Maybe I'll type the whole article?

bad joke..

Enjoy the Trailer

BTW I've also heard rumors that the UK will be getting the full game before the US?

Not sure how true it is.. but I think we deserve to get something 1st for once.

"BTW I've also heard rumors that the UK will be getting the full game before the US?

Not sure how true it is.. but I think we deserve to get something 1st for once."

Looks like that might be the case, and I agree with you, you guys seem to get everything last and I wouldn't shed a tear if this happens. Good Luck.

ps2maddenman

Edit: 12% - 45 hours left at .5kb/sec, I might just log off also, maybe we need to take turns.

From PC Gamer's March 1998 Edition

Among the hundreds of new games we play each year, only an elite few can lay claim to greatness. On the following pages, you'll find those that, in our opinion, achieved such heights in 1997. Gaming greats, we salute you...

Game of the Year:

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - Lucas Arts

At the start of the year, the idea of a 3D shooter winning 1997's most prestigious gaming award was a laughable prospect - where was there to go beyond Quake, after all? Well, Jedi Knight answered that question in style, and for pushing back the boundaries of 3D gaming excellence way beyond what had previously been thought possible, and setting a new high watermark for 1998's crowded batch of 3D action games to live up to, it deservedly runs away with our award for 1997's Game of the Year at a comfortable pace.

Runner Up: Longbow 2 - Jane's Combat Simulations

Runner Up: Quake II - id Software

Runner Up: The Curse of Monkey Island - Lucas Arts

10 Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II Reviews:

Source Score Max Average

PC Gamer 94 out of 100 81

Computer Gaming World

4.5 out of 5 3.5

Gamespot 8.8 out of 10 7.6

GameCenter 9 out of 10 8

Adrenaline Vault 5 out of 5 3.5

Gamepower 4 out of 4 3

Computer Games 4.5 out of 5 3.5

Game Pen 4.5 out of 5 4

Intelligamer 4 out of 5 4

Gamezilla 85 out of 100 85

Source: http://www.imaginarylife.com/games/1135

Originally posted by Moses

Hm...I'm downloading quicktime like you guys and I don't have a %...it's just...still working. How do I find this % completion?

Use something like getright

dont expect the video to start, the server is really slow you could stare at the Quicktime logo for several days (Im not joking)

Archived