Home

Tips

Artorius

1) If you're playing the Galactic Empire the probots are just as good at scouting if not better than the scout mechs. They're also cheaper. Don't bother building scout mechs.

2) Don't destroy enemy spaceports. If you have multiple opponents, keep their spaceport intact. When they surrender mark them as Neutral or Allied so your guys don't accidentally attack it. Then you can build traders and earn Nova from it.

3) If a computer player is mining resources far from its base send an air transport with a jedi master and four workers. The master can turn the enemy processing center while the workers build a tower. Then you watch as the computer sadly sends its workers walking all the way home. Then you mine the computer's resources with the computer's building.

Anyone have any other little tips to share?

Guest PsYch0_PimP

1) Dont build probots or scouts, use the scout you got in the beginning.

2)Just destroy all of his frickin buildings.

3)Dont play against the computer.

Guest Supreme Warlord

1) Alway play the Empire because you cant beat the AT At and the Sith Masters

2)Destroy your enemies. Let nothing survive so they cant have a staging ground for an attack. :) That means the spaceport. (I believe you have to be allied to the computer in order to trade but I may be wrong)

3)When all is utterly destroyed, go to the Emperor and demand a better rank :D (how do you think I became a Supreme Warlord?! hehehe;) )

You can trade with enemy spaceports. The difficulty is usually that their troops and turrets will shoot at you when you try, and their gates may not open to let your trade craft in. Once you've flattened their walls and subjugated their military, however, leaving the spaceport is a fine thing, and there's no way they could recoup from just a space port.

How do you stop Jedi from turning your troops at your base or cutting down your towers? Build bounty hunters as soon as you build your fortress and station them inside the towers. I might be wrong but as far as I can tell, it makes it easier for them to knock out the Jedi while still remaining protected. It seemed to work on my last game.

How do I protect myself from computer invasions? Build walls to block off all possible paths to your base. Be sure to protect each section of wall with two towers spaced reasonably apart (so they can protect each other until you get Rotating Bearings). Unprotected walls get breached. Be sure to have at least one gate that allows you access to the other side.

Cannons/Artillery/Pummels - People claim to use pummels and artillery instead of cannons because of hit points and mobility but from my experience: 1) I've NEVER lost more than one cannon, even when I put them on the front lines. 2) Cannons have better range. 3) It takes cannons only 1 - 2 volleys to destroy ANY buildling that hasn't been upgraded defensively (assuming 6 cannons, my typical strategy). 4) Mobility is not much worse than pummels. I sent my "slaughter balls" (6 fully upgraded cannons) into the middle of an enemy base, opened them up, and let them have a field day. While protected by a set of Droideka, AA troops, and destroyer mechs, I didn't loose a single cannon and the middle of the enemy base was as flat as Nevada in minutes.

First online game - I played on The Zone for the first time against a human player. Egads, what a slaughter. At the end of tech 1, he had soldiers march in and slaughter some of my workers before I finally killed them with some of my soldiers. At the start of Tech 2, I sent a worker out to build a couple of defending towers, only to have that worker killed by the 2 towers my opponent had already built right by my base. By the time I reached tech 3, my opponent was already hitting me with upgraded troops on one side, aircraft on another, and he had already built 4 towers right near my base to keep me from getting to him. When I saw him reach tech 4 a minute after I reached tech 3, and I was falling behind faster than I was catching up, I gave up. Either he was using cheat codes to get resources (I never saw a setting saying whether or not they were turned on) or he is as efficient as the computer ... or both. Needless to say, that was very discouraging. I'd have to be able to beat the computer at the hard level to even give this guy a challenge.

He's not more efficient than the computer. He just uses resources more wisely. He's more agressive. While you're using your ore to try and build towers to defend yourself, he's using the same ore, to build towers to attack you. This is called a "turret rush."

The computer is weak on its attacks. It sends rushes at you that, if you have bulit up enough force to counteract them, they will never get any tougher. Humans don't do that; we escalate. So if you turn back one attack, our next one will be more and more powerful.

I've never actually played against a human, but I don't think the result of your first game against a human means you're awful. It just means that you have to adapt your strategies to deal with different situations. I suspect that, since the number of strategies that can be used is infinitely variable, even two really good players can end up with one side wiping out the other. It also depends on what your starting conditions look like. If he blundered into a herd of bantha and a bunch of forage bushes right away, and you didn't, that makes your building process a lot slower and harder than his is. Etc.

Don't get discouraged. If you're good enough to beat the computer with any regularity on Medium, you should be good enough to beat a human. You just have to adapt your strategy to the new foe.

This is getting off-topic, but what do you think of farms?

I'm finding I do better when I build farms right off the bat rather than try to forage first. Some maps vary, of course, but farms appear at least to be faster than the bushes and fishing. They cost carbon but not that much, and it seems like the food is more important to fielding more workers quickly and advancing tech.

Generally, I start with three workers, I believe. I put two on Carbon and build a Food Processing Center and a Farm with the third. Sometimes I'll throw a worker on the fish right away if they're very close, but the next one will be a farmer.

Archived