Home

I need advice..help..

nequadah

Well, I'm being posted to australia for my work attachment for 6 months...queensland university to be precise. I wanna play jedi knight ii..but my dad won't let me move this pc and all (its havin a 21 inch flat monitor)..doesnt trust me blah blah etc worried i might break it up or someting

but he'ed let me get a notebook.

now he isn't that good with computers..and he thinks notebooks can't run games..thats the main reason why he's not letting me move my pc there coz he thinks i'll play it a lot of games..

so i'm gonna use this to my advantage hehe...(plz don't tell daddy)

problem is i am clueless about notebooks.

cept i know the latest ones are more than powerful enough to run jedi knight ii..

so tell me

any to recommend? notebook users out there? advice? things to look out for?

thankx

I am praying this isn't what my kids do in a few years ...

... anyway, I would recommend either a Toshiba or a Dell.

For Toshiba, look at the Satellite 5005-S507, which has 512MB RAM, 40GB disk, DVD / CD-RW, 15" UXGA (1600x1200) screen, 1.1GHZ PIII, and - the most important part - the NVIDIA® GeForce4™ 440 Go graphics controller with 32MB DDR VRAM. All that for ~$2000, which you can get at CompUSA.

For Dell, check out the Inspiron 8100, which has the NEW ATI MOBILITYTM RADEONT 7500 or nVidia GeForce2 Go video cards for high-intensity 3D graphics and advanced performance for realistic images. ... as well as advanced everything else ... it will cost you more than the Toshiba for an equivalent system.

My brother bought a laptop, and the thing is stacked all except for his video card. Now, we dunno if we're going to be able to upgrade it or not. So heed the advice of this thread, and make sure you get the latest and greatest video card. Don't make the mistake my brother did.

Archived