Home

Hello guys I'm Gandalf The Grey

GandalfTheGrey

I come from the shire of middle earth. For those of you how don't not know the location that's ok only the LORD OF THE RINGS fans know where it is. The LOTR is an excellent book followed by a great movie. That movie was well done I say. Well since my closest picture to Gandlaf the Grey is this stars wars dude. I must say, "TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!" (wait that's buzz Lightyear) Well just wanted to say hi.

I think that instead of being booted (unless they are really really bad) it would be better if the user was branded or something.

You know, a kinda "I HAVE ABUSED THIS FORUM AND MY MESSAGE IS THEREFORE OF NO CONSEQUENCE" in big red letters over thier post.

Or, they keep their account and everything, and they get to use it, but anything they post doesn't get added. Or even better, if its possible, it does get added, but they can only view it on their own computer, so that we don't see it, and they don't realise.

Well. I'm not exactly too sure, but I think Gandalf actually came from somewhere outside Middle Earth. It explains it all in The Silmarillion, which I really should read some time. The trick, or so I'm told, is to read the book three times, and after the third time it begins to make sense.

Wouldn't it have been funny if after Tolkien had made his imaginary world, with complete history and languages and characters (ie, text, not people) and even a timesale (Shire-reckoning, and the other one), wouldn't it have been funny if the actual book was a flop and no-one ever read it?

If you read the foreword to Lord of the Rings, Tolkein makes it sound like this was close to happening! He came up with a load of extremely boring ideas which, luckily, he ran past friends and colleagues who promptly died of extreme boredom or otherwise told him he'd be wasting his time.

Fortunately he listened to them, but he still managed to write some coma-inducing appendices. Yikes.

Aaaah, I think one of those "friends and colleagues" was my Grandfather who told J RR Tolkein that the book wouldn't sell because it was too big! That explains why I have signed copy of The Hobbit in my house.

I think that was the only time they met each other, though. It's far more likely that C.S. Lewis had an impact on those boring parts - incidently, I once had tea and cakes with his Secretary.

Archived