Home

The Prize for Best Monkey-Island goes to...

Riffage

The Prize for Best Monkey-Island game goes to...  

41 members have voted

1. 1. The Prize for Best Monkey-Island game goes to...

• Monkey-Island
    • Monkey-Island 2
    • Curse of Monkey-Island
    • Escape from Monkey-Island

I thought EMI was a good game. SO sue me! Some one had to vote for it! Acualy CMI is probly better but I've beaten it to death and it doen't have the pull it once had. I still find my self going back to EMI thou. Just to play it "one more time".

How ever if it was on the list Grim Fandango would be my fav.

Monkey Island 1 is a classic and I love it for its inventions like insult sword-fighting.

Monkey 2 has some advantages like the fantastic music throughout the whole game and it is the longest of the bunch.

CMI is very neat to look at, has hi-quality music and voices.

EMI is EMI.

So I voted for Monkey Island 2, but could just as readily have voted for part 3 or 1.

Originally posted by Metallus

Heh, so if Grim Fandango was a Monkey Island game it'd be the best Monkey Island game.

:manny:

haha, guybrush running around with a scythe trying to get undead zombie pirates that deserve a ticket on the number 9? interesting...... :naughty:

Originally posted by LucasTones

It is unlikely that any other adventure game will ever rival MI-2. Adventure gaming hit its peak in 1992, and we were there.

I think it hit its peak in 1998 with Grim Fandango.

But if the goodness of adventure gaming was a big graph, it would have been consistently high during the early 90s, dropped off after 1995, and 1998 would have shown a very high blip in a sea of nothingness.

Blip.

Eh, I guess MI2, I think it had sort of a polished feel, and it had a great ending, not just the actual ending, but I mean how you cought up with your self, and then played a little game of tag/hide and seek. I just thought it was pretty darn cool. However MI1 will always have a nice spot, as it was the birth of MI. :)

You're not crazy. I guess it just depends on what you treasure most in a game.

Each game has strong points... MI1 has the most originality, MI2 has the best mood (I also find it has the most replayability), CMI has the most pleasing graphics and sound, and EMI is the funniest, if you can dig it that is. ;)

Personally, I think that The Curse of Monkey Island was the best in the series. Not only did I really enjoy the cel animation, but the jokes were great! My favorite gag is when Guybrush drinks the liquid and everything starts to get...different.

"It said it was supposed to cause drowsiness, but i dont feel a thing. In fact I feel........I feel........I feel...........ugh!"

-DOD

I nearly said that Grim was the best, but held back. I do find that my favourite regularly changes between Grim Fandango and MI-2. The thing is, if I had to choose a place to be, ie. be in the actual game, I'd always end up on Booty Island. (Or blood island, come to mention it. I bet that place looks great in sunlight...) I really love Rubacava, and I'd love to there as well, but I think booty wins it by a hairslength.

Archived