Home

AD solution for netscape

netmonkey

If you didn't know, the CSS didn't work right for adventure developer on netscape 6. I figured out why.

It's the quotes... this is what you've got:

A:link { text-decoration: none; color: "#A5C65D"}

and this is what you should have:

A:link { text-decoration: none; color: #A5C65D }

Without quotes, it works on netscape! amazing, huh?

That's it. I'm a genius :p

• 2 weeks later...

I liken Opera to an Italian sportscar.

The people own own these cars, tout their superiority, but you'd never know it, because they are always up on blocks or being serviced.

Same with the Opera browser. People who use it claim it's great, but it seems to have numerous issues with javascipt.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/www/user-agents/opera/javascript-bugs/

While, I enjoy the milage I get when I drive my Iexplorer. :)

Although I do have problems with Opera, I still think it's the best browser around.

You wouldn't believe the speed with which it loads websites! Awesome! :D

I used to be a Internet Explorer only guy, but I messed it up beyond repair (windows still thinks it works properly, hahahaha). And then Netscape, the newest version is sooooooo slow and very unstable.

Originally posted by raVen_image

Same with the Opera browser. People who use it claim it's great, but it seems to have numerous issues with javascipt.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/www/user-agents/opera/javascript-bugs/

While, I enjoy the milage I get when I drive my Iexplorer. :)

Heh, that site is talking about Opera 3.6 - Opera is currently on version 6, which has no problems with standard JavaScript. A lot of JS out there is sadly written specifically for IE, without thinking about standards. If developer's thought a little further they would be able to write JS/DHTML/whatever code which would be compatible with MSIE4+, Netscape 6 and Opera, no problem.

Originally posted by remio

Heh, that site is talking about Opera 3.6 - Opera is currently on version 6, which has no problems with standard JavaScript. A lot of JS out there is sadly written specifically for IE, without thinking about standards. If developer's thought a little further they would be able to write JS/DHTML/whatever code which would be compatible with MSIE4+, Netscape 6 and Opera, no problem.

Actually, I was just trying Opera 6 the other day only to discover that a javascript you helped me write a few months ago does not work in it! Sometimes I feel like welcoming a Microsoft monopoly with open arms.

The newer versions of Opera have this built-in banner thingie, right? I'd hate that.

I know what you mean with IE messing up. I had that a lot some time ago. Even re-installed Windows because of it.

I'm currently using IE5 but know that IE 5.5 should be better (in IE5 you can't copy images' properties with [CTRL]+[C]...). Yet I'm afraid to install 5.5 because it could mess up some things which are really hard to repair (i.e. how it reacts to links to MP3s and M3Us which I use to listen to my music offline).

Archived