Home

A few choice words regarding the current trend in JK2 Elitism.

JZA

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed bravo :)

Hypocrisy is so deeply ingrained nowadays it's hard to notice. You see, claiming to be 'elite' is only one part of being, the complete jerk, that an eliteist is.

The rest of it comes from merely stating (bragging) about some score or another, or any other kind of stupid, pointless arrogance. It's all very well trying to put your point across, but some people seem to enjoy putting others down and being correct all the time that things get out of hand and go beyond the point of neccessary and just arent worth your pride.

You're certain to disagree. They always do.

It is a shame to see players who have such great potential allow ego and image to engulf their abilities as a person, a part of a community and all the others aspects that make a game fun other than winning.

I myself am looking forward to playing the game and making friends. Games come and go, but friends stick around. It's nice to be good at whatever you do, but it's nicer to be surrounded by people who like you.

just my 2 cents worth,

luck to all.

Biocyte - Quiet you, it's just a match, and you'd lag us if even the slightest bit. And stop calling us twins everybody, am I like his lackey or something now, wherever he goes then there i am? The past few posts on this by me and he's nowhere to be seen, so stop acting like i'm silent bob to his jay.

Maximus - You can try to make it look like we were flaming you, but it was just a debate, and you've never played me, and i never said I was "l33t" or a "l33tist" in any way, so when you make a mistake ina debate just admit it, don't go through a drawn-out post about how you think we don't like you.

Osyrus, interesting post. In the Elite Force world, we have the Elite Force League (EFleague.com) with it's own servers. Is there a such a league and supported servers for JK2? I think the admins for EFL are discussing the possibility to support JK2, but would that be a duplication of effort?

Spiff, the dope twins comment, sidekick thing comes from Darthmaul posting "Spiffy is God" and other colorful langue to all the flame posts you two did before you guys got in trouble. It's the same point you didn't see with Vomit. I'm not sure why you're acting so shocked and surprised. Maybe on the next forum you pounce on you will give your entrance a bit more thought and not be so obvious. And datestamps...remember that datestamps are recorded for all post.

Could it be.......... ?

Nah......... it can't ..... !

Another human being that plays games on-line to meet ppl and join in with others as part of a community, I must be dreaming !

Sarcasm aside, it's so rare to read a post like this, it's quite nice to know that I call the person who wrote it 'Friend'.

I've spent a lot of time around gameing communities, met many ppl, most of whom wouldn't look in my direction because of my average skill at some games, others I have met have taken the time and effort to help me enjoy these games, these ppl I still speak to and call friends.

To all those players who've passed me by with a 'Stoopid noob' remark can live in their Ivory Tower and delude themselves into thinking they're great because I couldn't beat them.

Thanks for your time.

Originally posted by Vomit

Not that I mind getting slaughtered by you in Jk1, but I don't have the game. I think Jk2 is a still a good neutral game to look forward to and hope we can arrange a friendly scrimmage. I think it would be a cool match setup...plus I bet we could learn from each other.

Good Analogy Spiffy, but I want to be Silent Bob. ;)

In relation to the Quote, I was just thinking, This is going to be great, Its like all the fighters here who play JK vs. everyone here who plays q3/ef/some other fps, it's like an all out war, this is EPIC!

spliffy? do i know u

i am asuming your JZA's m8 and are on WP under a diderent name there?

i dont know your name here so i dont know

i think Scottt maybe? possibley Ani?

maybe wrong

but i am afraid u where and are flaming me , lots of peeps have said the same thing , and i speak to everyone , the peeps tryin to get things takin from me , forget , i talk to everyone , and everyone tells me there real opinion , and i try and correct things from there , so far , everyone is happy

only u few guys aint

your welcome to stay and play

but know this , u slag/harrash/upset/anoy/or take the piss out of anyone that helps me run JK2 on WP or any newbie/crap player/other l33tish wannabes the u will be delt with , i have spokin too WP admins and they are happy with what i have said , i dont lie in what i say , i have told em , what is going on , and what i feel should be done ,and they are happy with that

l33t's or the noobs not the noobs , infact the noobs or the l33ts too me

i am friends with anyone , and everyone , i will talk/play/message them , its your problem if u dont want too be a friend of mine , but u WILL NOT disruptt the fourm/servers/community cause u aint happy cause u dont run things , i am fair and i listen too everyone , and i am more than positive everyone will agree with that! weather u do or not!

http://forums.wireplay.co.uk/forumdisplay.php3?forumid=344

is the JK2 WP fourm , i hope i can spam that abit , cause i want all newbie's , and peeps that wanna be in a fun community ta join

hope too see some of u guys :)

i will even let u kick my ass at JK1 if u like , i still play it abit!

jza wasnt trying to be elite he was just stating facts trying to disuade you from believing that torment was a so called elite i know both jza's skill at jk and torments skill at jk and i can safely say that jza's statement is true the fact was he didnt come on here trying to be elite he was just stating facts maximus you beat him at nf sabers a setting he rarely plays and he may have complained but thats the past you still fail to grasp his simple concept that he stated which is game skills are not transfereable to other games that fact he even quoted scores was to prove his point not to brag if he wanted to brag i gaurentee you he wouldnt start with beating torment into negs

what a load of crap , games skillz trasferable

the simple fact is , if u can play , u can play

if u cant , u cant

all the crap about i can carry my l33t skillz over

JZA did always play NF sabres i am afraid m8 , so if u know him that well , u should have known that

he played everyone on WP NF sabres

and as i said , why brag , if he beat him , that would wind torn more because he just says , yeah what ever m8

but no , he has to make a point on the score and stuff like that

simple fact

the thread has been contradicted!

Dude, i'm not trying to flame you. We had a discussion about game skills. I never insulted your intelligence or anything about you, and also I just got here, look at my post record man compare it to other people, i don't think i'm l33t in ANY game so stop thinking i'm flaming you. I'm not. If I wanted to I could call you gay, call you stupid, or anything, but i don't. If you want to see a flame war look back at some of my posts with vomit. In the meantime i'm sorry if you think i was, i'm really not trying to.

THE SYKOTIC WRETCHED IS RIGHT!

And Dammit Maximus, You're really starting to piss me off, You dont know bull****. This LONG discussion was pretty much EXTINCT until you brought up another freaking point. I swear to god lately I've been wanting to punch through this ****ing monitor and rip out your little throat and show an apple down it and put it BACK IN BECAUSE YOU DWONT ****ING LISTEN AND YOU WONT ****ING STOP BEING ANNOYING! JESUS CHRIST I'M GOING ****ING INSANE GOD DAMMIT!

JZA.. Something very stupid lies In between your keyboard and the back of your chair to say it lightly and unlike you Im not gonna be dropping names of players and fictional scores for a game you know why? cause it would make me look like an as$

something that you accompished with great *skill* (untransferable from previous games)

Ofcourse Skill is transerferable and that skill is based on:

1: how to use the mouse and look around

2: and walking

thats the basic skill you need.

I play loads of FPS games and jumping into one is real easy, my girlfriend on the other hand isn't so used to using the mouse and keyboard and gets lost all the time.

my point is that previous experience with *Any* FPS game at a multi player level will give you the basics and that skill will transfer

but more advanced game mechanics will have to be relearned so to speak.

Quake1 example: Armor comes back in X(ammont of seconds)

Jedi Knight example: Force absorb lasts X(Secs with 3 stars)X(secs with 4 stars) ect ect

Quake3 example: Quad damage in X seconds

these are more "advanced basics" of item collecting and one you know the map layout you can compesate for time to recollect these items.

I believe what your talking about is AIM, Physics and timing of attacks. Which will be different for sure and players from previous FPS multi will have to compensate.

Now if your aim was better than mine you'd do more damage to me but if I was always equiped with armor and force ( Variable Item A + B) or whatever then I could still kill you cause I'd have more protection and would dominate the items

If the game doesn't have (Pickups) then we'd both have an even playing field where aim comes into play and you would win.

OK, group hug everyone.

We've all said our peace and as Hoff just mentioned, there is a post on the main board from the dev's that might make this whole thing moot.

I want to take a quote from Darthmaul before he went ballastic:

In relation to the Quote, I was just thinking, This is going to be great, Its like all the fighters here who play JK vs. everyone here who plays q3/ef/some other fps, it's like an all out war, this is EPIC!

So lets end this on a good note and look forward to our first match. I will organize the Q3/EF squad and Spiffy, JZA or Deathmaul can organize the JK troops. Now this should be fun!

Originally posted by Saient

Ofcourse Skill is transerferable and that skill is based on:

1: how to use the mouse and look around

2: and walking

thats the basic skill you need.

my point is that previous experience with *Any* FPS game at a multi player level will give you the basics and that skill will transfer

FINALLY! Someone who also has some basic common sense!

I couldnt have said it any better my friend, its exactly what I wanted to state in my first post but I think they didnt take it that way.

Lets see how far JZA trys to disassemble and manipulate a basic common sense statement, and turn it into a heap of gumba that board posters here flutter their eyelids at lol!

Kudos Saient

I think the word "Elite" is often abused on the zone.

Just look at the zone and at most of the Info of recruiting games:

"Join the Elite clan of the Zone" "We are Elite, join us".

Even some people begin to speak really weird and call themselves 'elite'.

Like Maximus said: Elite players show good sportsmanship and even when the own you or they have beaten you so bad you had to cry :p they tell you how well you played and tell you about the cool moves you made.

Just dont forget that Elitism can only be achieved when you are the very best of all players !!!

How can you be Elite the first day the game is out in the stores ??

---------------------------------------------------------

I bought Q3 only to train for JK2 .... but when i played MOHAA (uses the same Q3 engine) it felt so different i couldnt bunnyhop or fire the rockets so easily as in Q3.

I was really phisicly-handicapt ... i was sooooo bad at MOHAA while i won every Q3 match ...

Ssoo i now play JK from time to time ... not to actually train ... but only to play some of the Old Skool players who return ... (i like it :D )

---------------------------------------------------------------

While this topic also went about clans ...

IF you want to join a clan on the zone ... or are planning to, just stick with your old one or join atleast a 2 year-old clan ...

Most of the so called 'newbie-clans' do not have enough experience to actually get one up for JK and then change it for JK2 ... (ok you can start a JK2 clan ... but whats the use ???)

GSA_Mitth_

Captain of the Global Starfighter "SV" Alpha Unit.

PS. i enjoy the zone ... only those Elite-wannabees are really dumb.

Of *course* the ability to mouselook and walk is transferred. They are common to EVERY FPS game. Most players master these half way through the first SINGLE PLAYER game they play; as such their commonality is redundant in terms of multiplayer skill.

However, game-specific skills, such as bunny-hopping in halflife, force jumping in jedi knight, and intimate knowledge of lag are GAME-SPECIFIC skills. Everyone knows how to use the W/S/A/D keys to move; but I seriously doubt your movement technique in q3 will help you in JK. HOW you move is important; not just the fact that you CAN.

Please, use some common sense.

Originally posted by Saient

I've played a FPS before= Jedi Knight. And I've gotten quite decent at it :p. But my saberfighting skills didn't help me at all when I started playing Counter Strike.

Aiming is one of the basic skills in most shoot em up FPS games like CS, UT, Q3, MOHAA, RTCW, etc, and my JK-skills didn't help me at all to learn it.

In JK saberfights you don't have to accurately aim, you don't have to put ur crosshair over him to hit him with ur saber.

You said that "previous experience with *ANY* FPS game at a multiplayer level will give u the basics and that skill will transfer". I disagree. I consider Aiming as one of those basic skills, and JK is an FPS and it didn't help me learn to aim at CS or UT at all.

But you played sabers. Had you played guns in Jk, you would have had that general experience to transfer over. I'm not sure why this isn't apparent.

I played sabers as well, and the whole timing aspect totally transfered over to Tribes 1. I dunno, maybe it was my "Timing the shot" skill that made the difference.

Archived