Home

A few choice words regarding the current trend in JK2 Elitism.

JZA

Torment this forum is not the Zone. This is not your personal lecture hall. NOONE here is to tell others to 'stfu.' Just because you fail to value other people's opinions here does not give you the right to tell other people to 'stfu.'

The only people enforcing the 'STFU' rules are the moderators and administrators. If I see you or anyone else telling others to 'stfu' again there will be consequences.

Also, all posting here must check the cursing and swearing before you get yourself banned.

I would have expected someone with your experience in posting to the Outcast boards would have better sense.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok stupid question....

How many of you have played EF or Heretic2.

If you have then JK2 will be a mix of both plus force powers.

None of you seem to realize that RAVEN is making the game.

Spiffy, take the time to read the posts before you respond. And did you read the chat log??

Stop being an imbecile and pay attention......oh wait you are probably high again...its ok.

lmao

NE WAYS! read the chat.

And those games I listed are awesome games. So I expect JK2 to be awesome also.

And in case you are wondering (or maybe not) I own the JK series and have played it online. (back when it came out)

:monkey4:

You're all just unpleasant egotistical maniacs, aren't you? Damn, I'm glad I never got involved in the politics of multi-player gaming, no matter how good I got, it's a cesspool of regurgitated garbage, mangled grammical and spelling errors by 13 year olds (and in some sad cases, 18+) and wounded pride.

I have assembled some pointers on the subject.

• Torment, I advice you to not talk. Recently, I've been seeing you get thrashed because of the 'elite' attitude. When you can handle not rising to the bait, maybe people would actually take you seriously.
  • Vomit, enough with the 'sidekick' thing. They aren't, you are just trying to be annoying. Or 'were' is more like it, I see it's been resolved.
  • JHZ, good points, good thread.

IMHO.

Well said Eternity, Well said Wilhuf.

I dont understand you torment, you claim you're making a "better" WD, yet you all still have the same "We're the best" attitude, calling clans you dont know newbies and classifying specialities you never took the time to look into as easy.

You're not elite. I'm not elite obviously, and I never said I was so dont go saying YOU'RE NOT ELITE EITHER OMFG CHEATER WALLHACKER...or something.

The Clan JK has never been a clan of newbies. We've never been arrogant either. You, on the other hand, put down others, claim you own people (hey man slavery is illegal) and say you're the best damn thing that happened since TV. And You're better?

Give me one good reason why you're better that people here can agree on and I'll leave you alone and "re-leave" these boards forever. But I doubt that's going to happen because I'm going to be bold and say something. You're trash. Your clan is trash. You're all just a bunch of whining no lives sitting at home claiming dominance on the internet.

IMHO.

Originally posted by [TE]BiocYte[OO]

Ok stupid question....

How many of you have played EF or Heretic2.

If you have then JK2 will be a mix of both plus force powers.

None of you seem to realize that RAVEN is making the game.

Spiffy, take the time to read the posts before you respond. And did you read the chat log??

Stop being an imbecile and pay attention......oh wait you are probably high again...its ok.

lmao

NE WAYS! read the chat.

And those games I listed are awesome games. So I expect JK2 to be awesome also.

And in case you are wondering (or maybe not) I own the JK series and have played it online. (back when it came out)

This is just ri-goddamned-diculous...how would it be even possible for me to participate in a discussion without reading what was going on to raise enough attention for responses to all of my points?

And also, i don't want to read the chat. What, does reading the chat make you somehow "in the know" of JK2? I'd rather not take time out of my day to read a chat that I had nothing to do with.

And don't call it the "JK series." There were TWO GAMES, one of which wasn't even called JK, it was dark forces. There were no lightsabers or force powers. It was just a star wars FPS. The second one was called Dark Forces 2: JEDI KNIGHT.

Biocyte, did you even play the games? What about the chat log??

AND ANOTHER THING

Don't assume what a game will be like just because it's made by a certain company. Diablo was nothing like Warcraft, yet they were both made by Blizzard. Go read those chat logs. You'll be IN THE KNOW.

You're trash. Your clan is trash. You're all just a bunch of whining no lives sitting at home claiming dominance on the internet.

While I can neither confirm nor deny any of this, I am obliged to again issue a warning: direct personal insults against individuals and groups is not acceptable on this forum. Take it to some other clan board if you absolutely have to.

This forum is not host for 'clan trash talk.' The Zone already serves that purpose. This board is going to be a forum for clan discussion, organization, competition, recruiting, and yes, civil criticism.

Keep posting here, but keep the comments on-topic.

Outcast is going to be more like Jedi Knight than EF or Q3, seeing how it is a sequel to the original. I'm pretty sure that gamers with plenty of FPS experience will in fact have an edge over newcomers. And I wouldn't be surprised if experienced Jedi Knight/MotS veterans have a slight edge over those who've never played those games. The concepts will be very familiar.

Although there will have to be a good deal of 'unlearning' for those who have become very set in their ways, no doubt. Gameplay will be different in subtle ways.

For example, the inventory items on the LEC page show there are stationary ammo and shield energy converters. To charge up your ammo or replenish shields, you will have to secure and maintain access to one of these stations. You will not be able to instantly replenish shields and ammo. It will take time hooked up to the station, probably similar to Half-Life's energy and medical stations. This implies that area control will be more important than ever in Outcast.

But of course gamers who know Half-Life won't have any problems with this gameplay aspect.

Originally posted by SpiffyTheDog

This is just ri-goddamned-diculous...how would it be even possible for me to participate in a discussion without reading what was going on to raise enough attention for responses to all of my points?

And also, i don't want to read the chat. What, does reading the chat make you somehow "in the know" of JK2? I'd rather not take time out of my day to read a chat that I had nothing to do with.

And don't call it the "JK series." There were TWO GAMES, one of which wasn't even called JK, it was dark forces. There were no lightsabers or force powers. It was just a star wars FPS. The second one was called Dark Forces 2: JEDI KNIGHT.

Biocyte, did you even play the games? What about the chat log??

AND ANOTHER THING

Don't assume what a game will be like just because it's made by a certain company. Diablo was nothing like Warcraft, yet they were both made by Blizzard. Go read those chat logs. You'll be IN THE KNOW.

Diablo was nothing like Warcraft is true, no doubt. I never said it was. I said JK2 would be similiar to Q3, EF and Heretic 2 in terms of GAMEPLAY.

Now I would hope that in terms of "feel" it does not remind you of EF or Q3 or Heretic.

I want to play a Jedi Knight Game not Elite Force.

Spiffy I cant attack you personally because the mods have asked everyone not 2. But truthfully every single one of your posts are idiotic and full of insults. And of course nothing else needs to be said about .... yes you guessed it "your sidekick" who (although everyone is asking to drop that side kick thing) agrees with every spouting of verbal diareah that comes out of your mouth.

I have played the Jedi Knight games, be them called whatever. But unlike some ppl I moved on to other games. And when JO comes out I will move on to it from Elite Force. So excuse me if I dont remember the exact names....lol

You just need to S H A D A P!

lol

Oh and when the game comes out we can settle this online. ;)

Spiffy I cant attack you personally because the mods have asked everyone not 2. But truthfully every single one of your posts are idiotic and full of insults. And of course nothing else needs to be said about .... yes you guessed it "your sidekick" who (although everyone is asking to drop that side kick thing) agrees with every spouting of verbal diareah that comes out of your mouth.

Bio, Well said. The main point I've been trying to make is that this is the only post they didn't attack the author of the thread. All previous post were foul insults, not just being annoying, and most were deleted by the mods. So it's amusing to read how they turn things around here, yet always fire off more...how you put it....verbal diarrhea. But I think they have hope. They have there moments...if only they can control that last sentence they post. :)

Regarding gameplay, come on, the only true test is we need to hook up after the game comes out and arrange a match of EF -vs- JK players. I have an dedicated EF server that I will change over to run JK2. I'm even willing to let JZA or Spiffy have Rcon access to make sure it's running clean and no mods. Come on, lets settle this proper like.

Wilhuf I dont get it man...You delete posts that spiffy and I make that are rational and then just let the others flame us? Whats with that man? He just said we talk like verbal diarrhea...thats worse then calling someone trash...you're biased as hell. I dont give a flying **** if you kick me off these boards, at all. I'm still going to play the game I just wont be able to converse with people about it before it comes out because of a biased Moderator and some idiots on a Forum who make things more then they are.

Look at your posts there bud, you're like a raging pre-teen without hormones who overuses internet abbreviatons. I don't care if I get booted from these forums, and i probably will - **** you, this entire post was about "accepting newbies" and such. WE'RE ALL NEWBIES! Do you have the game? Really, do you? You think some chat log makes you some kind of JK2 historian? and about my point about warcraft and diablo, that was a COMPARISON TO RAVEN. Then you just say some idiotic reply like "we're not talking about warcraft.." and go on talking about how because I have a photographic memory I never stopped playing Dark Forces. Also, by saying that every single one of my posts is "idiotic and full of insults" you just proved that you are not reading all of my posts. You're just reading the ones that are in reply to your "spoutings of verbal" diarrhea. And go get your mom to buy you a dictionary or something, your spelling and grammar are horrible. Try a little self-evaluation before you go flaming others. And also, to everyone else, don't base posts to me, YES ME, NOT MY "SIDEKICK" MAUL, on my other posts and threads on the boards. If you do, you're just trying to get off your urges to feel superior to people by finding someone who got high and happened to be logged in to a forum at the time. I'm not even going to look for replies here, each flame is just a perfect example of verbal diarrhea. In fact, I WANT to get booted, i'll think of it as a trophy.

So, on that note, **** **** **** **** MOTHER**** ASS ***** **** **** **** **** ***** WHORE SLUT. **** PISS COCK **** ****ER. ***** SCHOOL.

Don't think that petition will be hard to fill up.

Actually, I should have logged every post where they tried to insult the person by calling them a 5 year old, Pre-teen, raging Teen without hormones, LOL. I guess a person can only attack with things familiar to them.

Sad part is that they keep using getting "High" as an excuse for their actions. Sorry officer, I didn't mean to drive through the red light, we were High! We were High!

Ever hear the song "I Got High" by Afroman? It was at the end of "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back." It seems applicable in this situation:

"I was going to post some smack about vets, but then I got high."

"I was going to give a witty response, but then I got high."

"I can't defend myself, and now I know why...."

"Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high."

Spiffy,

Yes my spelling is far from perfect. And to the rest of the board members I apologize, maybe a speel cheeker is in order.

Now you missed my point all together in regards to the Daiblo and Warcraft thing but whatever.

I am not going to defend myself by saying that I am not a teen or anything. In fact I am not, and yes some of my posts have been a bit childish. But then again I am having fun.

You have shown your true colors in that last post and for that I am gratefull.

I told you that we should settle this when the game comes out, and that offer still stands.

Oh and stick and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

hehe

I thought I would go down to your level. Then maybe you will understand.

:D

PET MY MONKEY!!

Man after that post he almost qualifies to be in [sICK] for hells sake! Too bad we dont allow hormone raging teenagers LOL!

Spiff: Take it like a man, insults prove nothing except immaturity, and lastly, lay of the mary-jane ffs!

Is this thread still going? wtf!

BUMP!

Vomit - I used that excuse ONCE because it happened ONCE.

And why do you people call us sidekicks, and of all things EACHOTHER'S sidekicks. The whole concept of being a sidekick is that you are lesser than whoever you are a sidekick to. Two people can't be eachother's sidekicks. And to further the point, darthmaul is banned from these forums. I had nothing to do with that. You people just stick to something even after it has been proved wrong.

"...oh yeah, well, uh...you're sidekicks! I'll make a petition!"

And now that maul's been banned I don't want to be banned anymore. I'm not his ****ing sidekick.

Guys... this bring backs memories of the old "Mauling Arena" we used to have at JK.net forums (for those of us old enough to remember). However this is "Clan Recruiting" if anybody forgot to read the sign as they walked in, and I really don't see any of that going on here in this thread, honestly.

Anyhow, while some points made in this thread I might agree with to a certain agree, whether I agree or disagree is irrelevant.

I figure there are just too many flame posts, personal attacks and other things going on in this thread that warrant its being closed.

I strongly urge you all to examine how you post and debate, and in the future, try to be mindful of these things. It makes our job tougher if we have to wade through threads like this and all the bickering and flaming to get to any real discussion.

If you weren't one of the ones attacking other people, don't take this personally, I'm just saying that we need to have a bit more concern for ettiquette around here than was generally shown in this thread.

So if you want to start a new thread, be by guest, just lay off the flames and swears, thanks.

Archived