Home

A few choice words regarding the current trend in JK2 Elitism.

JZA

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by [sICK]Vomit

Spiff, I hope that's your attempt at humor.....show me ONE link that you have replied to that you provided some constructive comments or would lead me to believe you didn't tear into the thread's author.

Look at the skandinavian one again. And no, we didnt do this purely for this post.

diltard.jpg

The post was previous to you saying that you wanted us to give positive comments. And you know what? **** you. You think you're so much better than us ("I don't know whether to laugh...") why? What, are you the only one here who is allowed to flame? Are you better because you've been posting longer? Basically you find it fun to point out the errors and shortcomings of others on the internet of all places. You must be quite the ladies man.

Originally posted by JZA

OLMofo, you're completely mistaken. How can FPS skill NOT be derived from the mechanics of a game?

By "skill" I was referring to ability to win multiplayer games. Your reference to single player games is a moot point - winning a single player FPS uses virtually none of the skills required in multiplayer.

If it were otherwise, out-of-the-box newbies would be as good as the multiplayer champions.

If you remotely think this to be a true statement my friend, then I truly believe you must not play many other games besides JK.

Any person who doesn't play the SP of any new game before venturing to the MP side, is ridiculously foolish. All your basic skills for that game start at the single player side, those who don't are the ones standing around getting their team-mates killed. They take twice as long to aquire the skills necessary for that game to become an Elite player. Winning MP games still uses the basic principles involved in playing the SP side of that game.

JZA, I'm an EF/Q3A veteran from major clans in those respective games. Those skills have allowed me the smooth transition to play other games and become "Elite" in other games SP or MP.

Such as UT, or Max Payne, MOHAA, and RTCW. Maybe the fact of the matter is some people dont make that transition like some of us do. ( nothing personal :) )

Confusing the board posters here with your profound knowledge of the English vocabulary, does not shadow the fact that what your stating is utterly and completely false.

If you wish to further argue this moot point, I shall not, as I will wait till the game arrives to prove the point.

Kudos OLMofo

Originally posted by SpiffyTheDog

That may be true if you only play quake 3, because the bastards at id were too unoriginal to think of a good single player story other than the "tournament." Now look past quake 3 to some GOOD fps games.

Then I take you've never played RTCW or MOHAA single or multi??

I can go on and on cause I've played many a FPS or 3rd for that matter. They're all good to me.

Originally posted by [TE]HoffenKill

Any person who doesn't play the SP of any new game before venturing to the MP side, is ridiculously foolish. All your basic skills for that game start at the single player side, those who don't are the ones standing around getting their team-mates killed. They take twice as long to aquire the skills necessary for that game to become an Elite player. Winning MP games still uses the basic principles involved in playing the SP side of that game.

err.. I have never played JK SP, but that didn't prevent me from gaining enough skill, in a relative short amount of time after I started MP playing it, to win my first MP tournaments.....

All I did in JK SP was "use the cheatword to skip levels (jediwannabe, eriamjh, red5? lol :p)", but that was only to see the story. :) I never tried to play the SP for over 5 minutes, cuz the MP was much more fun.

Sooo I'm just saying that I agree with spiffy & jza: u don't have to play the SP to get the basic skills for MP in a fast way. It's just that some people have some sorta "feeling" of how to play a MP game, and some don't. SP might have some influence on that, but not as big as u say it has.

I'm not flaming, I'm just pointing out that facts. The fact is you cannot provide a link to a post where you didn't flamed someone before this link and before you had your knuckles rapped by the Mods. You provided a lame link to a post your sidekick posted to cover yourself. Good distraction tactic, but the fact remains you lied and were caught.

So why don't you just dropped the Anti SW facade, go into your closed and get the Light Saber you received at Xmas. Go ahead, now turn it on....Now, don't you feel better?

Originally posted by [sICK]Vomit

Don't know to laugh at the attempt or laugh at you. Just show me a post previous to our little discussion. But the point is you can't.

You're right, those were facts you were pointing out. And wait, now he's my sidekick, or am i who's sidekick? You seem to like the word "sidekick." Jesus, this is like when they get arrested in the movie Mallrats, but anyway, when did I say i don't like star wars? I'm not like a fanatic or anything but i never said i don't like it, otherwise i wouldn't be posting on jediknightii.net. Think about it. And for the record, the post was made BEFORE YOU ASKED FOR US TO FIND ONE. Want to compare the times? You do that.

Originally posted by SpiffyTheDog

uhh...in those games the single player is far different than the multi....and yes, i have them both

Lemme say this in plain english 1 last time:

Did you or did you not use those skills that you played in the SP of both those games, in the MP game(s), regardless of difference between the two types of games?

If you want to look arouund these boards, you will see a whole damn lot of posts by people and we didnt tear into them.
You made that quote today at 6:09 pm server time.

Your sidekick Maul then posted the lame nice post at 7:00 pm server time. Gesh, at least challenge me here, will ya?

hmmm, maybe that's an answer to this. That would actually answer the main point to JZA's thread, and allow us to settle our discussion proper like. That is, SICK challenges the Sidekick Brothers to JK2 CTF.

It would be better if you can stack your team with JK veterans, so that we can see which side adapts faster to this game.

Whatcha say?

Well that's reasonable. I could argue that we didnt get the point of your earlier post and that we had to have participated in that but you wouldn't believe me. It's spiffy to finish this on at least semi friendly terms with you. You're on. And for the last time we're not sidekicks to anyone, dammit.

LOL, ok I'll drop the sidekick issue.

Look, you can have fun and maybe sometimes contribute without crossing that line. You have to understand the irony here. Vomit, a SICK member that has nearly been banned in ever forum is giving advice on forum etiquette. Gad, I hope SICK doesn't kick me.

But anyway, I look forward to our match.

Who adapts faster to the game is not based on previous skill. It *may well be* that the best players in q3 are the fastest learners, and will also be the faster learners in jk2. This doesn't prove that skill is transferable; it only *reinforces* my point that the qualities other than skill which are transferable are those qualities which facilitate the quickest development of skill.

If you really want to prove your point, use your q3 skills to beat a partner and I in JK, BGJ FF.

JZA, I get your point now. Even though you stated that JK1/Q3 skills will not be transferable, I had it in my head you still think JK1's will hold the advantage. My bad.

Not that I mind getting slaughtered by you in Jk1, but I don't have the game. I think Jk2 is a still a good neutral game to look forward to and hope we can arrange a friendly scrimmage. I think it would be a cool match setup...plus I bet we could learn from each other.

Originally posted by JZA

If you really want to prove your point, use your q3 skills to beat a partner and I in JK, BGJ FF.

That makes no sense to someone who doesn't even own either of those games lmao. Prove YOUR point: You and a partner beat my 2v1 in a game of neither of us own yet lol?

Originally posted by [sICK]OLMofo

That makes no sense to someone who doesn't even own either of those games lmao. Prove YOUR point: You and a partner beat my 2v1 in a game of neither of us own yet lol?

He's talking about how Jedi Knight, the FIRST GAME, is different from quake 3. If a person who had only played JK (JK means the FIRST ONE) played quake 3 against the just-q3 pllayers he'd get his ass kicked, and if a just-q3 player played some just-JK players in JK he'd get his ass kicked. Thus the challenge to play him.

well he has been contradictin him self over and over

he goes on about , l33ts and they are in for a shock

yet he goes on about how good he is , and how he gets scores against peeps of - numbers

well if that aint l33t talk then i dont know what is

peeps that truly are l33t are the ones , that even when they beat u , the commend how good u did , that u where a hard battle , and make u feel alittle bit decent....

and dont brag after about it and make peeps look bad

JZA has made it clear too me that he dont like me , and over the years on WP games , he was an l33tist and still is

when he gets beat he leave's i know

i beat him ONCE and i mean that , weather he says i did or didnt i dont care , in NF BJG , in a tourney years ago , it was like 3-2 i got him by damn fluke , he started blamin lag and stuff like that , then left

so please

u post about the l33tist better watch out , i think u need to look in a mirror , and i know alot of peeps say the same m8

i have tried too cause problems with the new JK2 stuff for WP , cause u dont like me , and cause u aint got what u want

i was the one with others that got the fourm , the irc channel and have started messagin peeps on icq/irc/msn

u aint done anything , so please , dont make me out too be bad , when i am doin lots of things for the good

i wont be lookin at this thread again , cause i just thought it funny the way u go on!

True l33ts arnt the ones that beat eveyone , but the ones that are friendly , have fun games , and get one with peeps

there the ones that are l33t , so i welcome all newbies and i hope you come too wireplay u will be made welcome!

Archived