Home

Could a Star Wars Adventurer game work?

The Adventurer

I've been wondering if a Star Wars Adventurer game could be made and have the same humor as the other Lucasarts adventures. It could star a Imperial trooper atempting jump ship and join the alliance and he runs into some zanny adventures on his way.

Or

It could be about a Protacol droid who gets sent on a mission and has a bunch of Adventures.

or

Adapt the Tag and Bink are Dead Star Wars comic book.

Originally posted by The Adventurer

It could star a Imperial trooper atempting jump ship and join the alliance and he runs into some zanny adventures on his way.

That would be awesome! It would star Davin Felth, since that's what he plans to do (read Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina to understand). That would be quite cool, but maybe quite serious. Then again, GF was very serious, but had its humor, and so could this.

I think that the humor in a starwars adventure should be limited and not be too extreme (jar jar anyone).

If starwars went into the adventure genre I'd recon a "Full Throttle" style adventure would be best. Not in the sence that it should be filled with (imho pointless) arcade sequences but rather in the sence that it should be about a character (maybe a Han Solo type of smuggler) that is tough and portrayed a bit humoristic but the plot is quite serious. The character should maybe have Han Solos lack of lying ability ("We're doing fine down here now... how are you?") and this should put him in rather humoristic situations but no extreme sillyness.

On a side note, I actually wrote a script for a SW adventure a long time ago (back in the early 90:s). Even though I think it was a bit amateurish and I was young the idea was good, about a young jedi (like Luke) who beside the ordinare push pull etc. verbs had the power to manipulate his environment with the force. This could create some fun problems (however illogical maybe).

^^^

A full throttle style of humor would be best. The dry wit you're refering to is the kind of style I'd enjoy.

A smuggler?...hummmm.....that could work to....There are just so many different types of charicters and Ideas to work with.

A jedi on the other hand, I feel, takes away from what an adventure game is. Useing "powers" instead of a normal man's abilitys makes it more like an action/startagy game (ex:Throw THAT switch across the monsterus Pit to open THAT bridge)

Damn, missed this thread!

Yeah, it seems crazy that LucasArts don't combine what they're good at (adventures) with what everyone wants from them (star wars). There was this guy called Phil South who used to write an adventure games column in the UK PC Gamer, and I remember he once said it was crazy that they didn't do one.

I came up with a plot for one as well, a long time ago. It was about these Rebels who had to rescue these other Rebels from a space station. They had been caught stealing vital plans from the Empire, so they needed to be retrieved as well. I have it somewhere around here... I upload it when I find it again.

Originally posted by QueZTone

if they made it, it could turn out to be one of the best lucas adventures ever! they just gotta do it right and put the right folks on it to lead the project.

:D

I think thats what they try to do with every game. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Blaze^

I'd recon a "Full Throttle" style adventure would be best. Not in the sence that it should be filled with (imho pointless) arcade sequences but rather in the sence that it should be about a character (maybe a Han Solo type of smuggler) that is tough and portrayed a bit humoristic but the plot is quite serious. The character should maybe have Han Solos lack of lying ability ("We're doing fine down here now... how are you?") and this should put him in rather humoristic situations but no extreme sillyness.

Then it seems like it is Full Throttle in the future (or past, since it's a long, long time ago...) maybe "Full Throttle in Space." Besides, if you have ever played Star Warped, you can see that some Star Wars characters can be absolutely hilarious, but don't have to be Jar Jar. I think having the rugged Davin Felth sounds like the best storyline for a SW Adventure that would work and make Felth popular, since he deserves it.

Archived