Home

"Soccer" Shirt

elTee

I just saw the new LEC company store merchandise - a "soccer" shirt. It's cool, but I gotta say: ITS FOOTBALL!!

Hey, UK people, have you seen that brillinat ITV Digital advert where they go to the USA and ask people what there favourite football teams are, and this on guy goes "You mean soccer?" cos the guy who asks him is from England, and then the voice over man goes "NO! FOOTBALL YOU SISSIES!" Or something like that? It rocks.

"ITB DIGITAL - THE NEW HOME OF FOTTBALL!"

Originally posted by Wossname

There are many games around the world called football, yet most of them consist of carrying the ball around in your hands most of the time.

No,

i most countries Football is used to describe the sport of "soccer".

In fact every country I have been to except Canada or U.S.A seems to apply to this.

The point is not how many countries use the word soccer, its that football was invented before anyone invented american football, or australian rules football, so therefore it is the proper name for the sport. It is ignorant americans who despise the british who say "we're calling our sport football, even though yours was called football first, and you primarily use your feet, whereas we run around with it in our hands." It was probably the same person whe decreed that americans should drive on the other side of the road. Besides, those american footballers think that they're so hard... rugby is almost the same sport, except the players don't wear huge layers of armour and helmets. In fact, American football must be called that to detract attention from the fact that its a sissies version of rugby...

"Silence of the Monkeys!"

"Greaht! Whens it on?"

"Tonight..."

"Ahh!!!"

And to get a touchdown, you only have to run over the line, and not touch the ball down at all. (Whereas in Rugby, you do have to touch down the ball, but the result is only a try, and not a success)

Frankly, all sports suck except those involving robots.

Archived