Home

Star wars gamecube game petition

Heavyarms

I have a PS2 and I think its great, and I haven't play on a GC so I can't really compare them . I have played on an X-box and I think it has fewer good games right now than a PS2 but more will eventually come out for it. Right now I think the PS2 has the most good games for a teen to adult age group, while still haveing plenty of quality games for kids. As for the hardware discusion I think that the X-box clearly has the best graphics, but when the hard drive for the PS2 comes out it will be just as good as the X-box's and not that much more expensive.

What was wrong with Perfect Dark? I thought it was the best game for N64.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, a few things: the star fox game is going to be the best game that came out this half of the year, beating anything PS2 can throw at it. It is going to be very cool, with a sidekick, an ocarina of time-like game, mixed with a flight sim. What more could you ask for? BTW, it was 2 plots put into one game, which will be interesting to see.

@_@ Too...much...reading... overloading... @_@

I wouldn't say that the Gamecube is aimed at kids, some of its games are.

Darth Homer, you should check your CPU specs; they are way off. The Xbox has an Intel 700Mhz, you got that right. The GC does have a 400Mhz CPU, but it's a custom-designed chip with an architecture similar to a Mac, so that presumably brings it up to the Xbox's speed. The PS2 has a 3-pieces array of chips called EE VU-0, and VU1. EE (Emotion Engine) is 300Mhz, VU-0 (Vector Unit) is a bit faster, and VU-1 is a bit slower. When programmed right (a hard thing to do), the PS2's CPU power should be about the same as the Xbox's too.

I have other things to say, but since people here tend to jump on the fanboy-calling quite easily, I'll refrain from doing so.

Originally posted by AU_heavyarms

ok, a few things: the star fox game is going to be the best game that came out this half of the year, beating anything PS2 can throw at it. It is going to be very cool, with a sidekick, an ocarina of time-like game, mixed with a flight sim. What more could you ask for? BTW, it was 2 plots put into one game, which will be interesting to see.

Really? I'm sure that it will be better than Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2, or Grand Theft Auto III. Yeah right. :rolleyes: If i remeber those three games were all in the top 5 of the year, period. GTAIII is pretty close to one of the best and most popular game ever, and Final Fantasy X sold serval million copies in just a few weeks. MGSII, i dare say, was probably more anticipated by more people than the X-box or GC system was.

Star Fox may actually be the best game ever (although i seriously doubt it), but before you pass such a large judgement on a game, you might actually want to play the game. The only thing i've seen from it are screens and a few movies. Thats hardly enough to say its gonna be the best game ever. It may look like it will be a good game, and it probably will be a good game, but it won't come close to the ones i mentioned above or the Zeldas.

A game that looks and i think plays alot like that is Jak and Daxter. That was a good game, but simply because of the style it will never be as fun for as long or as epic as some games are (aka. Zelda, Final Fatnasy games)

The funny thing is that I've been dreaming of Gamecube since the days it was project Dolphin yet I haven't ever heard of Metal Gear Solid until my friend rented MGSII and I played it, and thought it bit. My friend agreed. He returned it before it was due. GTAIII, well we played that long into the night. That was a fun game, if not supernaturally crude, lewd, and vulgar. (begin extreme sarcasm)I mean who ever thought it'd be so much fun to pick up a hooker, driver her to a secluded area, do her, and then kill her to get your money back. Ha it's so much fun!(end extreme sarcasm) But the driving in that game and the missions are very fun. I fonly they hadn't rushed the Gamecube out onto the market without a solid delivery lineup. Too bad.:(

I really shouldn't be participating in this conversation cause I'm stuck on MoHAA right now. So I think I'll just finish that off before I try to give my 2 cents here again.

Havoc Stryphe...I cant believe you said Perfect Dark was a flop...I and a majority of people who played it thought it was great...

Rogue15....you may not like Goldeneye and console shooters as you are a PC shooter...Most people who play shooters on the PC dont like playing console shooters as they find it hard to adjust...

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Really? I'm sure that it will be better than Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2, or Grand Theft Auto III. Yeah right. :rolleyes: If i remeber those three games were all in the top 5 of the year, period. GTAIII is pretty close to one of the best and most popular game ever, and Final Fantasy X sold serval million copies in just a few weeks. MGSII, i dare say, was probably more anticipated by more people than the X-box or GC system was.

Hey, um, I said best new game this half of the year, 2002.

How do GTA3 amd MGS2 or FFX qualify over those?

5 facts I would wish to name:

1. GC is better than all of this stuff. You know why PS2 has so many games? because the games are low-quality and I think they spend too much time on on graphics, reducing the game play.

2. This is gonna either bann some of you, or, make it so you will never be a mod. This is turning out to be the flame war that DarthFergie so kindly stopped. It's too bad DF ain't here.

3. PS2 games you can beat in less than 5 minutes, GC it takes tons longer to do so. As for X-Box, it sucks. If it's made by Microsoft, it definetly stinks.

4. Who cares about a DVD player? The console is meant for games, not the darn movies!

5. *waves his hand* The mods will close this thread.

In response

1. That is sooo untrue, the PS2 has more games cause its been out for more time than the GC or X-Box. And who says the GC dosen't have low quality games *coughSupersmashbrothersmeleecough*

2. *Shakes head* :rolleyes:

3. I would like to see you beat FFX in 5 minutes.

4. True, but its a kinky new feature that can save you the money of going out and purchaseing a DVD player seperately

5. What for? No real flamings going on?

Originally posted by chrisw_30

Havoc Stryphe...I cant believe you said Perfect Dark was a flop...I and a majority of people who played it thought it was great...

Sorry all, I hereby withdraw my ealier comment on Perfect Dark, in retrospect that was a personal judgment and not based solely on unbiased game reviews and overall sales. I shall change that statement to:

"N64 had it's fair share of flops too, just not the percentage PS did."

The names have been excluded to protect the innocent game titles. ;)

Originally posted by chrisw_30

Rogue15....you may not like Goldeneye and console shooters as you are a PC shooter...Most people who play shooters on the PC dont like playing console shooters as they find it hard to adjust...

nah, i played Turok 1, 2, Rage Wars, and 3. Goldeneye just couldn't compare control-wise with those (turoks used the c buttons to move and strafe, which made it so much easier to kill something without being injured), that's why i didn't like it that much i guess.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Yeah... how dare they make games for their own system! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it still sux rhett. cuz rogue squadron was ported to pc, battle for naboo was ported to pc, but why the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP wasn't rogue leader ported to pc? the computers out today have more than enough stuff to handle it!!!!

well, mister Tie Guy wanted this to happen, and he put it upon himself. As to the response for lower-quality games for PS2, yes, there are more games, and a lot of them are very low quality. I am not saying it doesn't have good games, mind you.

GC has very good games, and a lot of games no one has played. How many people on the forum have played Batman: vengeance for gamecube? probably no one besides myself. It is one of the best games out there? And with 007 just released, the gamecube is worth its price, as where I'm not sure PS2 is worth its price, which is now 300 bucks.

u gotta remember tho, gamecube can't run your old n64 games, and ps2 can run your old ps1 games. I'd go with PS2 cause i just got a ps1 and have 6 games for it already (sw: demolition, dino crisis 2, dino crisis 1, metal gear solid: vr missions, crash team racing, and jedi power battles.) I only found a few very good nintendo 64 games...those were:

Donkey Kong 64

Turok

Turok 2

Turok: Rage Wars

Turok 3

Rogue Squadron

Shadows of the Empire

Episode I Racer

Hybrid Heaven (best non sw n64 game)

For playstation i like all the ones i have, but i haven't even touched any of the final fantasies yet...cause i'm not sure what the fighting is like...if it's like pokemon and is turnbased like that then...i dunno....i might rent ff9 sometime.

The games for the newer consoles i like:

Gamecube:

Rogue Leader

Star Fox Adventures

Turok: Evolution

PS2:

Starfighter

Jedi Starfighter

Bounty Hunter

X-Box:

Obiwan (so what, i can be unique)

Knights of the Old Republic

Starfighter Special Edition

They all have good games, but the one that matches all of MY interests in games is the PC. :) got ya there, didn't i?

I'll wait a year to see which console gets more star wars games and then make a decision. Of course, i'll instead upgrade my PC instead. hehe

Originally posted by Natopo

5 facts I would wish to name:

1. GC is better than all of this stuff. You know why PS2 has so many games? because the games are low-quality and I think they spend too much time on on graphics, reducing the game play.

2. This is gonna either bann some of you, or, make it so you will never be a mod. This is turning out to be the flame war that DarthFergie so kindly stopped. It's too bad DF ain't here.

3. PS2 games you can beat in less than 5 minutes, GC it takes tons longer to do so. As for X-Box, it sucks. If it's made by Microsoft, it definetly stinks.

4. Who cares about a DVD player? The console is meant for games, not the darn movies!

5. *waves his hand* The mods will close this thread.

Clefo already answered these nicely, but i'd like to add to that

1. As clefo said, one reason is that it has been out longer, not because they are low quality (though some are). The other reason is that they have more companies with them that remain from the ps1, and ones that are searching for the largest market. Game companies are going to devote the most resources to the biggest money makers, and that is mostly game for the ps2. Besides, several people have said that it is harder make games for, so wouldn't that make them take longer to make, and thus reducing the amount of games?

2. Why would it, we are simply deiscussing a contested issue? These are the kind of topics we need, ones that have intelligent and long posts. I'd much rather have this than the pointless spam threads we seem to have so often. We may disagree, but that does not mean that anyone here is flaming. And what does it matter whether we become a mod or not, is that all you think about? Being a mod isn't everything, and even so, these are the kind of posts that mods should have, rather than the spam posts.

3. I'd like to see you beat Final Fantasy X in 5 days. I played this game for over 150 hours my first time through. The minimum amount of time i could even think of beating it in is 70-80 hours, and thats if i didn't level or do sidequests. Thats a little longer than 5 minutes, eh? Name two GC games combined that would equal that much. And GTAIII wasn't exactly short either. It had over 100 missions on 3 islands. Plus, it was fun just to drive around and kill stuff and blow stuff up so that makes it even longer. And thats just two of the games, there are many more games that are longer than most, if not all, GC games.

4. In case you didn't know, the PS2 games use DVD discs. THAT is why they have a DVD drive, for the games. And, since they already had the DVD drive in the first place, they decided to add a DVD player on as well. Its a bonus, and extra. You can't argue that you wouldn't want a DVD player too if it was the same price.

5. Why would they? This is the best topic we have had in a long time. It is interesting, intelligent, and fun. No one is doing anything wrong. or something that would cause the thread to close.

BTW, your comments were opinions, not facts as you stated.

Heavyarms, every console out right now is worth its price. I'll have and use the ps2 for 3-5 years most likely. It is worth it just for the games that are out right now (GTAIII, Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, GT3, FFX, Racer Revenge) Think of all the games that will come out in the next 3-5 years.

The only console that i don't think is worth its price right now is the X-Box, since there are only a few decent games out. However, it would be worth it in the long run anyways.

BTW, 007 was a port from the PS2.

there is a good chance Rogue Squadron will come out on PC later on. Gamecube is still new since it's been out only 5 months. Probably the games that i like are Super Smash Brothers Melee, Rogue Squadron (though i've beatin the game 5,000 times and it still a blast to play), Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (though that's out for all new councols) and Sonic Adventures 2.

these games are of course no geared to children...maybe Sonic Adventures 2 but the others are not. Tony Hawk Pro Skater has too much blood in it (try The Jackass move) and Super Smash Brothers has a lot of violence in it. Rogue Squadron is to a point violent but you really don't see blood. give Lucasarts some time and they'll be pumpin out GC games in no time. oh yeah, their also thinkin of having a DVD player as an attachment for Gamecube, course it's only a rumor, though one cannot dismiss them too early.

signed.

same plotline for 007, not the same game, Tie Guy. Did you ever see the 2 versions of TWINE for N64? They were the totally different. Different weapons, different everything. It is not a port.

As for the games you named: GTA3 looks so disgusting.

FFX would be nice to play, but I bet I could beat it in a couple of days. I am good at those things.

Also when you say as many hours do you even know how many things there are to unlock in SSBM, and how long and hard it is? Also do you know how hard it is to get golds to unlock everything in RL? Also the replay value in SSBM? It's as much as FFX. I promise you it to be true.

Originally posted by Artoo

Also when you say as many hours do you even know how many things there are to unlock in SSBM, and how long and hard it is? Also do you know how hard it is to get golds to unlock everything in RL? Also the replay value in SSBM? It's as much as FFX. I promise you it to be true.

Well, considering replay value and unlocking everything, i'd say that for me it has over 400 hours of gameplay if not more. I've already played it through twice and am soon going to play it through again, it just doesn't get boring. SSBM doesn't even come close to that, so don't even try to make it seem like it does. I've played te original, and some of the new one, and doing those missions to unlock all those things is downright boring and monotonous after a little while. The battle mode is great for a while, especially with friends, but it is nothing compared to the length of FFX.

Heavyarms, you could NOT beat FFX in under 5 school days. I've heard that serious, hardcore RPG gamers can beat it within 50-60 hours, but even so, thats 12 hours a day for five days straight, if you were really good and rushed through everything. I don't think you can beat it in "a couple days." I'm sure that i've spent more hours of my life playing RPGs such as Final Fantasy than you, and it took me over a week, during christmas break, to beat it. Besides, i wouldn't think you are good at those types of RPGs because you seem to own a ps2 or ps, and those are pretty much the only systems (besides gameboy and SNES/NES, which aren't like the new ones very much at all) that have those types of RPGs. The GC or N64 has none that i can think of at the moment, but the PS2 has 7-10 i can think of at the moment. FF games are a far, far cry from Zelda.

As for GTAIII, yes, there is killing and violence in the game, but it onl becomes excessive if you make it that way. Personally, i enjoy just driving around and exploring, as well as doing the missions. The missions are what really makes the game, not the senseless violence that some people view it as. The game was not meant to be a game where you can run around shooting and killing people, it was meant to be a good game about a guy who gets caught up in the gangs of new york (Liberty City). At the same time, it does provide alot of freedom to do whatever you want, whether that is taking a joy ride in a banshee, or killing people on the side of the street. The violence level of the game really depends on what you, personally, do.

Naughty naughty!:mad:

about the above paragraphs:

the first paragraph is all opinions except for how it took you 400 hours to beat it!:D

You really need to stop posting before you totally expose your fanboy side.:)

A lot of the 2nd paragraph is opinion too except for where you talk about how long it takes to beat FFX. You just can't compare FFX to Zelda. Zelda is an adventuring style, FFX is an old-school RPG style.

Signed

Me thinks me needs to stop posting here before something really bad happens.

Sonic 2 is very good.;) The only thing I would like is if they made the multiplayer four player instead of just two-player. The Chaos are a very fun element. Very well done game. I can't wait for Mario Sunshine, and Metroid Prime, Star Fox Dinosaur Planet, and Agent under Fire, and

LotR RPG!

and last but not least

Snood. Seriously go to Snood.com and download the free demo. You'll get hooked to the simple addictive puzzle action. Nearly every student as well as some of the teachers at my school are addicted to this game. Download the demo and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's at http://www.snood.com. Download it now. Go!

Archived