Home

THIS is what u all get for complaining.

Rogue15

Rogue 15, I have just one thing to say to you:

WE STILL HAVE THE CRUDDY WOMAN ADS, THE WAR ADS, AND POP-UPS NOW! AND THEN, WE HAVE OUR SIGS AND AVATARS GONE! WHEN ARE WE GOING TO MOVE THIS FORUM! THIS STINKS!

I'm sorry, I just had to let it out. *sighs* Oh NO! IT'S COMING BACK!

I HATE UGO!

Done. Pheww. That's over.

i have yet to see a pop up with me. i'm on here contantly and there is no pop-ups, only ads that you cannot close. oh, and the war ads are a game that isn't quite bad though. tried the demo and it's ok. but they didn't have to disable the avatars and signatures. NO! MY MONTY PYTHON SIGNATURES! GONE! ALL GONE!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Ok guys. Here is the deal, from the mouth of Aristotle.

Here's the deal on both those issues:

1) Avatars are just temporarily disabled while we adjust to the recent surge in traffic... we're close to adding a second server to the network for just the forums themselves, and then that will be a non-issue, as will the database errors we've been seing. My time-period estimate for that second server is the end of this month.

2) The doubleclick code only tosses up a few pop-ups to any one person each day, then it reverts to public service announcement ads, meaning that yes, people should see a few pop-ups, but then they should vanish for the rest of the day. We will be cutting back on the ads as soon as possible... but we need that second server, and each of the owners of the network are consistently paying out of their pockets each and every month just to keep this network going. We're finally moving into the black, however, now that we have an agreement with Doubleclick. Things are looking up and people will see some major projects being launched soon that will bring some significant added services to our readers... they will just have to stay tuned. We'll start banning more and more pop-up ads after we have that second server running at the end of this month.

So, please be patient while this goes on. GB.com is under re-vamp and we promise more content than ANY OTHER SWGB, including mine! LOL

DMUK

http://www.galacticbattlegrounds.co.uk

Originally posted by Rogue15

LOL!! i almost thought u said you were going to be banning more and more users! :D

LMAO

@ Certain People: Didn't you read Matt's post? Your sig pics are not the problem. It's the existence of the sigs and avatars with the number of users (far too many connections)

Honestly.

Originally posted by Redwing

LMAO

@ Certain People: Didn't you read Matt's post? Your sig pics are not the problem. It's the existence of the sigs and avatars with the number of users (far too many connections)

Honestly.

But it only helps load times, so even if it doesn't lessen the server strain, it still improves things for everyone.

=/

I have a crappy 56K, and I can live with the load times. If someone can't take the times, they should disable images in their control panel. I don't think there should be a rule to nix pictures or anything.

I don't know why I'm arguing this...I just like the pretty pictures I guess :D

Archived