Home

Trailer II Discussion

OnlyOneCanoli

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rat Boy

More questions, ChangKhan (I think I know where you got your handle from), how many skins are there in multiplayer? Are there selectable lightsaber handles? Does each blade make a different noise when ignited?

no selectable handles

and different noises?? why would that happen?

Holy $%)*^%$ !!! in other words: OMFG !!! or *insert stupid exclamation here*

I haven't been waiting for this game long, I loved JK 1 and played it to death. I've looked at the trailer(s) and they are virtually screaming: BUY ME !!!

That action looks mouthwatering, fluid rapid motion, fireworks extravaganza, and really nicely done force powers. A lot more visually satisfying and appear to be more satisfying to use than in the prequel. Graphics don't make a game (JK 1 is good proof of that) but the gameplay looks like it'll be very entertaining indeed.

:duel:

Hehe ChangKhan, thanks for taking the time out for answering questions and responding.

If you're still looking, is there both CTF and CTY (like mentioned above) or is there just CTY?

Looking forward to playing, great work so far :)

if anybody on Raven can answer my one question it would help alot.

Is dismembering a random occurance or is it something you can do if are trying to do it(aiming for an arm or specific part) and was dismembering turned off in the trailer?

Smoke and flame obviously come out of that trooper's shoulder, Digl, but I don't see that arm disconnect at all from the trooper's body.

I LOVED Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle! I even liked Zack MacKracken... Sam & Max was cool, and I loved X-Wing. Also, I thought Outlaws was a good game, too. But my favorite LucasArts game of all time (hard choice) is probably "Battle of Britain: Their Finest Hour" - IMO, the best WWII dogfight sim ever...

Muaha. MM1 was so frustrating for me I had to snail mail LucasArts for a walkthrough. That was back in the day. Remember how insanely stressing it was to use objects in the dark -- the pitch black dark? Hah.

Sam and Max was great. The animated series wasn't even half as good as the game. The voices were even better in the game. I heard there was a sequel in the works... however LucasArts isn't making it. Can't recall who exactly has the rights to a Sam and Max sequel right now...

I always wanted to buy that LucasArts Classics Archive set -- included both Zack McKracken and Battle of Britain... just never got around to it. I wasn't too fond of Outlaws but all of LA's spaceflight-sims were great.

I think things started heading downhill after Afterlife... hehe, anyone remember that game? I still haven't figured out how quite to play it.

Good to see we have an old-school LucasArts enthusiast on the Raven team... maybe we can expect to see Darth Max or something. ;)

DOTT and Monkey Island ruled. Sam 'n' Max too. Man those were the LEC golden days!

Golden days indeed.

The Dig is a piece of art. Excellent game. My favorite LEC game.

Yeah, I think it was based on a story idea by Steven Spielberg. I think the Dig would make a great movie. I remember we had a casting thread for that on some forum back in the day. Teri Hatcher as Maggie.... Harrison Ford as Boston Low.

how can you leave out the timeless "Maniac Mansion", the grandpappy of Day of the Tentacle. I can still see the open sequence title scrolling across with the catchy music. haha

LOL. How could I forget that? OMG, I can remember that opening sequence now.... ahh, the memories. :D

I appreciate the effort, Digl. I don't see it seperate from his body anywhere there, though. I don't think it's coming off.

Going with the current random topic, I loved LEC's space simulator games. X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and then TIE CD.

I still have X-Wing on disks...and I still have the TIE Fighter DEMO on disks! Anyone remember that thing? I picked it up from a Babbages and it was plastered with Dodge Neon ads cuz the car was just coming out :| The demo was actually a bit different from the final game. Some sounds were weird and i think some of the craft physics felt odd. heh....those were the days, when 50 missions fit on 3 floppies...and so did MS Flight Simulator.

-Syko

AWESOME trailer! Lots of action and effects, and a good measure of what is to come. Great job, Raven, you guys rock. :D

I think JKII will definitely replace Heretic II as my favourite 3rd person game.

Loved the force powers, saber attacks, and overall movement. I just can't wait to play this game. ;)

You could consider that Maul's saber is louder because there are two blades humming instead of just one. ; )

The Stormtroopers with Lightsaber idea actually comes from George Lucas's early Star Wars scripts (for A New Hope).

; )

So were the "seekers" that we'll be seeing in JK2.

I honestly love the "arts" of the saber. It tremedously exciting to hear, see, and watch. The clashes, sounds, flashes, movements. All are perfect. The sound quality sounds like it is going to be very nice. Finally, some deep saber hums and twirl sounds.

THE FORUM IS ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF SABERS!!!!!

It should be fine straight off LA, I d/led the 20MB trailer in just under 2 hours yesterday on 56k, 2 hours is nothing while ur doing something...like watching the earlier trailers over and over and over, and it's definatley worth it just to see the "backwards stab", the pull/slash, Force Grip L3 and that dramatic ending

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Archived