Home

Welcome to the Rebel Strike Forums

Roger

Interesting. I started a document a few weeks back with ideas for a mod of this type.

Here are a few details I got down.

Each side has a few different classes of soldier. Each class has different characteristics and weapons to use in battle.

Empire - Dark Jedi, Stormtroopers etc.

Rebels - Jedi, Wookies, Mon Calamiri etc.

Jedi would be restricted to Lightsabers/Double Bladed Lightsabers etc. Stormtroopers would be better armoured with E-11 Blasters.

I also got a few notes down about levels.

Hoth - Empire must charge across the snow fields and enter the Echo Base. Once inside they must shut down the shield generator to allow the attack to commence.

That is the basic gist of what I wrote down. It's nice to see someone doing something similar though. :)

Since Jedi Knight 2 is very much about Jedi we want to shy away from jedi in this mod. There will be no lightsabers or jedi at all actually.

We want to create battles with just normal (non-force using) people. There where no jedi lightsaber battles on hoth and only 2 jedi even their, 3 if you count leia.

So we will mostly just have normal infantry in the mod.

If my work schedule permits I will be making a major update by the end of the week. We'll have the FAQ updated and maybe we'll throw in the finalized classes.

There is talk about adding a medic class (a la RtCW :D )

Guest Krayt Tion

Yes, a mod like this is what many people have always wanted badly for Star Wars, myself included... I have been praising team-based class-based MP for ages now, so it is nice to see this project starting already.

This is probably the forerunner on my marathon list of all mods I'd like to see for JO.

Not having Jedi's in this MOD i believe will only decrease the amount of people who will play it. Perhaps you can restrict the force powers so that rebels and stormtroopers aren't so mis-matched against Jedi/Dark Jedi. To keep the gameplay reasonable you could set a number of jedi/Dark Jedi per Team (ie 2 on each side but never uneven) You could make it to where you can only use basic Force Powers Like Jump, Speed and Perhaps one Extra Power like Grip or Absorb all at the lowest possible level.

I think it's completely appropriate for Jedi to be fighting along side the Rebels and the Dark Jedi along side the Empire/Remnant forces, especially because this is a class based mod and jedi will add more depth to the classes.

anyway those are my suggestions. good luck with the MOD.

I think Sycdan is mostly right. Not having Jedis will make the MOD a recycled version of Counterstrike. In order to make it as playable and popular as the afforementioned MOD, you need more originality then that its simply rebels against stormtroopers, er Republic against Stormtroopers/Remnant.

Adding Jedis, even Jedis with reduced strenghth will make it a whole new game.

I too believe that there must be a limit to the number of Jedis, and a limit to their abilities/weapons/etc, but leaving them out would be a big mistake.

I would at least make it an option for the server, to have or not have Jedis, it would again add to the playability.

Sure ppl will fight over who gets to be the Jedi, but that adds a whole extra amount of fun to it. What you then would need to do is make it so that the other player classes are just as fun as being a jedi. You know.. balance.

And let me just say that I hope this MOD gets made, because its the kind of thing that could make JO last as long as Half-life.

Oh yeah here are some ideas I had for maps, feel free to use them as your own:

Suicide bombing (sort of): A small group of Rebels have gotten on a Star Destroyer just before it jumps to hyperspace. Its destination, the destruction of a Republic stockyard(or add your own target, it doesn't matter). The Republic force must find the reactor and force it to go critical. The Remnants jsut try to stop them. (its basically a variation on the CS plant bomb theme)

There are endless possibilites, I may post more as I think of them.

My opinion (however unimportant) is that there should be a Jedi/Dark Jedi class included..

Allow them Jump, Push and perhaps Pull, aswell as Sabre Attack and Defense, perhaps at level 2 as Level 3 defense would be too much for standard infantry to handle, unless there are 3 or 4 infantry against one Jedi at the same time, in which case the Jedi should have a decent chance of survival, but not be guaranteed to defeat all of them..

There should obviously be a limit on the number of Jedi per side, probably 1 if the Jedi classes get level 3 sabre skills, 2 if it's below that..

Sure people would fight over who gets to be the Jedi, but people do that in DoD with the sniper classes *shrug*

This MOD would totally rock :D (it most likely will anyway, but it'd rock so much more!)

how about making the classes depent of the map??

for example:

on big battlefield like Hoth ther would never be a jedi.

but in some small "infiltrate the enemy base end deaktivate the powergenerator"-missions a small group of jedi would ther game make more interesting.

If there are enough advantages (like laserturrets and good defending possitions) for the emperial stormtroopers

the rebels can be restricted only to jedis.

waiting for improvement Asarnil

I agree if Jedi/Dark Jedi are included in the mod they should be limted in power. As the Jedi stand right now they are way to powerful. A good player using a Jedi right now can kill several players just using guns. I laugh at people in MP games that attack me with guns

What if you made the Jedi really weak in the beginning and he had to kill several people in order for his force powers to increase. You could take it a step further and make Dark Jedi work that way and Light Jedi get stronger from helping out there team

They could be balanced the same way as in C&C: Renegades; make them hideously expensive and only available in limited amounts at any given time.

If a storm trooper costs 0 credits, and a heavy repeater trooper costs 60 credits, then a Jedi could cost about 800.

Just out curiousity, at what time is this MOD taking place? During the empire-rebellion war or afterwards?

I've liked this mod since I read about it ...

I'm a fan of team based maps like Team Fortress and Day of Defeat. If this mod is close to this ones, I'm happy.

But no Jedi ... it needs to different.

One thing I like about DoD ... the flags. 5 flags, the team that has them all under control wins. The Hoth map could be a little like the Overlord map ... (don't ask me why ... just seems cool to me)

And classes ... yes!

Troopers (normal infantry)

Repeater Troopers (MG's)

Medic (Like those in GB)

Sniper (altough I never seen a sniper in SW)

Technician (Like those in TFC)

Spy (liked that in TFC)

But I think you tought of those already ... anyway .. that was my say.

Archived