Home

Welcome to the Rebel Strike Forums

Roger

Umm.

Alright, am i understand this right. A jedi mod with no jedi?

Thats from the actual mod makers right?

Well, i have a HUGE respect for modders so dont get me wrong.

But what exactly is the point?

Teamplay mods of guys with guns fighting each other have been done to death. What will make this in any way different from every other mod out there like CS and TF?

Models and skins?

I'm really looking forward to a star wars team based mod where jedi is a class you can choose.

All one needs to do is limit them to having far fewer force powers. Like basically giving you only 10 points to spend on the existing force chart and a max of 2 or 3 powers.

Then they are no where near the insane problem they would be if left unaltered.

Maybe that no jedi thing is temporary or for only one map type...

What if they made classes for multiplayer.

Classes:

* Jedi: kan use the force and only a lightsaber

* Bounty Hunter: he's strong against jedi's but not as strong

agains normaal troopers. He can use a jetpack and special

weapons.

* Trooper: This is a normaal which is a medium fighter. He's

better against Bounty Hunters but weaker against jedi's. The

trooper can also use laser-turrets.

What do you people think about this ??? And would it be possible for a patch or mod?

Damned you all! Quit whinning about your precious jedi! The mod makers will make it the way they bloody well please!

*pause*

*deep breath*

Ok, now for my 2 cents.

I agree with the above posts that the mod would be now different from team fortress if absolutely no new fetures were added, and I think it's important to be creative and break new ground.

It also occurs to me that jedi could seriously unbalance a precarious game.

Then it occured to me... If you have one powerfull player, and a few weeker players, those week players are going to stick awfull close to the powerfull one. A jedi class would FORCE team play, instead of a free for all where you just don't shoot half the guys.

The "jedi" could be unit commanders, his lackeys....er....squad would protect him from long range attacks, and he would lead and protect and fight close range threats.

This has always been a problem with team based play. it's to hard to communicate durring play, so no strategy could be employed. If the jedi where leaders, the 'follow the jedi' would be a visual cue for team play.

The problem of picking the jedi from the players though...

Some thoughts:

1) perhaps it could rotate randomly such as the 'bomb' from cs.

2) perhaps the non-jedi with the highest kill count could be 'promoted' to jedi after the current ones death

3) if the game is based on a credit system, he could be costly and limited, as stated above.

4) He could be 'elected' by the team (this would work for clan-based play at least)

5)whoever picks up the lightsaber the dead one drops.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways.

I just wanted to say that you guys have an opertunity to work ona truely fantastic and groundbreaking project, just make sure you think about every option.

And please please PLEASE don't let the Star Wars licence go to waste with SOLDER and MEDIC classes, use it fully and completely. That's what can make this mod truely epic.

Lookin' forward to playing it.

ps: don't forget the JAWA class.

UTINII!

:jawa

I don't think anyone would want to play a game where everyone is fighting over who gets to be the Jedi/dark jedi, that would get old. fast. *me pummels Infinity with a big trout* :p

Instead of having one single jedi/dark jedi, you have and equal amount of 2 or more on each side and rotate who gets to be Jedi on death as an option. Meaning your not forced to be a Jedi/dark jedi if you don't want to be one, it's an opening in the character select menu, also you make the last person to be a Jedi wait until a certain amount of people get to be Jedi at least once.

Jedi should not be weak against single shot weapons(monster weapons like rocket launcher)but rather rapid fire weapons (they should be plentiful in maps)

Force Powers recover much slower when used in rapid succession.

Killing Jedi = higher team score making the title as Jedi more difficult.

Jedi kills = less then normal character kills; meaning that when your a jedi and you kill someone your kill points are less the normal characters kill points.

Jedi only carry Lightsabers, no guns, and maybe no power-ups as well.

I think people wouldn't be whining and complaining about not being the jedi as much that way...

Anyway good luck with the MOD!

Hmm sounds interesting I will be watching this mod :) With the little information I heard so far its sounds more like RtCW in teh Star Wars universe which could be cool. In my mind and who knows I might sit down to code it. Team objective base game would be cool if everyone on a team was a jedi but with different powers and items (like the force field and droids) just my idea take it or leave it as I can always dream.

Awol

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit ppl, can you not READ?

They sed NO JEDI'S!

I doubt this game will be a un-starwars "but hey its fun to be at hoth with 50 jedi"

Its more about real stuff from the real starwars era.

If u wanna all be jedi's play the normal game!

I think this could be a AWESOME mod provided there ARE NO JEDI'S!

sif the game would be fun with a whole team of jedi

its a mod because its DIFFERENT nor just some new maps

:ewok:

:jawa

:ewok:

I think jedi's should be included, but of course it is not my mod. If It was, I would love to see a dark jedi and a light jedi in a saber lock out in the middle of the snow in hoth. That would just be neat.

I think a team idea would be cool, have a jedi run around with the team slicing people, I remember JK1 when the darn big gun that shot white rounds that blew up... the powerful gun, was used aginst jedi's the jedi's bounced around and never got close.

Jedi's maybe powerful but only in close range. I think a group of storm troopers running togeather is a really killer idea... make for some great screen shots I bet :)

But anywho, if I ever relate radiant to worldcraft I will offer my god like mapping skills to your mod :) Best of luck and I hope to play your mod soon :)

-Micah

:deathstar

You guys obviously totally missed my post.

No Jedis = UNoriginal recycled CS mod.

ppl will play it, but it will get old FAST. Look at the SOF2 demo, already ppl complain about how this aspect relates to CS, or that aspect relates to CS.... why not make a mod that no one can compare to CS?

NOW, listen to me when I say this:

Jedis could be a class (a very limited class).

Don't you guys play DoD? Look at the sniper class. Many servers limit the number of snipers available. Sure there is arguement about who should be the snipers, but its not so bad that ppl refuse to play the game. WHY IS THAT?

WELL, its because the DoD guys are brilliant. They have made the other classes JUST as fun to play as. The MOD makers have to be able to balance the classes giving each of them their own niche. (look it up if u don't know what it means)

On a DoD map, if the sniper isn't doing his job, guys are getting wacked left right and center by opposing snipers. Then usually these bad snipers will let someone else be sniper. (unless he's a jerk... but there will always be jerks)

It could be exactly like this with Jedi.

Yeah they said way up there that there would be no Jedi, but just saying no, and not being open to it at all will kill this MOD right off. Look at the development of CS. Do you think it would be as popular as it is if Gooseman didn't listen to what the players wanted, or was at least open to new ideas?

hell no.

I'll probably play this MOD regardless of the end result, but wouldn't it be great if it was just as exciting to boot up a game of "Rebel Strike" as it is of DoD?

On a side note. i really think changing the name of Rebel Strike is essential. (Counter-STRIKE, STRIKE Force.. etc etc... get the point? PLEASE be more original) Why not come up with a name that suits the Star Wars universe. I'm sure there is a name for some kind of special task force in the extended SW universe. Just read some of the books...

Archived