Home

Three Saber Stances.....

UseDaAgression

Ah, you are right of course! I was mixing my own language (dutch) with english... Here we say "To hang on someones lips" with the meaning of, To hang on his every word...

Sorry Changkhan, didnt mean to hurt ya

(hey it sounds like a great idea for an expansion! Force Liphang! Whos with me?)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

How on earth do you stop a stab? It's really hard! :)

A parry is best, if you're fast enough... did any of you play an ancient RPG (1988?) called "Knights of Legend" by Origin? It was, IMO, the best RPG I've ever played... the combat model was so deep and intricate. Like in normal turn-based RPG's, you could pick what weapon you'd use and who to attack... but you could also choose what part of their body to aim at, what kind of attack to use (slash, hack, stab, etc.) and what kind of defense to use (dodge, parry, duck, backup, etc.)... combined with your character's foresight, you could sometimes determine what the enemy was going to do and pick the best attack and defense to counter it (for example - if they're going to slash at your head and parry as a defense, you would want to duck under the slash and hack at their waist). That game ROCKED.

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat how do spinning attacks work?

Spins are special transitions between certain attacks... so if you chain one attack to a certain other attack, you will get a spin in between them. There are no pre-set combos, you can chain any attack to any other attack (with the exception of the strong style where you can chain only two attacks and you must chain using the momentum of the current attack or the chain will not happen)

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat Saber throw, when does it come back to your hand?

It returns if it hits a wall, reaches it's maximum distance (unless using saberthrow 3) and/or has been out for it's maximum amount of time or if you release the alt-fire button (except saberthrow 1 - less control).

Chang, could you maybe give an example of a saber duel between two people using the new features in JK2? I'm having a hard time imagining how it all comes together, and 10 days is an agonizingly long time to wait to find out...

Also, can you give us some idea as to what sort of different attacks are available? I've heard the different swings are based on movement, but I know in JK it was very difficult to hit someone except with the forward and sideward slashes(and the wide one).

Is there a way to do these movement-based attacks without actually moving in that direction?

Originally posted by Obi

There is lots of great info here on the art of the lightsaber.

This, my dear sir, happens to be the name of a little mod I made a couple of years ago for JK. :D

Don't know why I mentioned it, just thought it was cool you used the phrase :p

This may be the first Melee game that will be hard to master. STAYING POWER BABY! But once it is mastered what then? Setup a training camp for newbies and padiwans? Has anyone done the calculation for how many chained together attacks (complex combo attack) there may be? Including acrobatics? Yipe! Well, I guess I'll defer to my masters advice "If you can learn only a few combos then Learn them Well."

the combat model was so deep and intricate. Like in normal turn-based RPG's, you could pick what weapon you'd use and who to attack... but you could also choose what part of their body to aim at

Will JO attacks be precise enough for targeting bodily appendages? Nothing like severing an opponents leg as he tries to jump over you. Or, for sport, taking off the non-blade arm first then the blade arm, then pop goes the head .... ah the good ole days...hehehe

Originally posted by Obi

I bet you are waiting as much to see our reactions to the game, as we are to see the game itself, ChangKhan.

actually, i think he's waiting for us to try it... and have to buy a new keyboard from excess droolage :D

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

It returns if it hits a wall, reaches it's maximum distance (unless using saberthrow 3) and/or has been out for it's maximum amount of time or if you release the alt-fire button (except saberthrow 1 - less control).

THANK YOU!!!! that alt fire button release is what i wanted!!!

I thought saber throw was a press of the button so i suggested pressing it again, but press and hold is even better!

thank you, you are a god

:)

WOW!

Jedi Knight 2 caught me totally unawares.

You know, I'm hell of a Star Wars freak and I loved DF and JK and

I knew JK2 was coming, but I never imagined it would turn out THAT amazing.... !!!

What this thread reveals about LS-combat is simply amazing!

I'd expected something of a Rune-like experience in JK2, i.e. swing away and try to get them sideways/from behind.

Now I'm reading about 3 different fighting stances,

attacks influencing each other (deflecting/pushing back/Saber Lock(!)) and all this other stuff seen in the trailer (finally we will be able to pull off the stab the enemy behind you trick! Yeehaaw!).

(My only concern is that tactics will somehow be diminished by game speed, which seems to be a little high IMHO.)

Lightsaber Combat could really be what it should be this time around!

Emperor's black bones: This game is gonna ROCK!

I haven't asked any questions yet, but having got to 4 pages now, most of my own queries have been answered anyway.

Just wanted to thank Chang immensely for his input and continued support in answering our mindless questions. ;)

That deserves RESPECT. :D

Chang what's your favourite saber colour?

dont know if this as been questioned yet, but here goes... we already know that we wont have any fist fighting, but with all these moves, is it possible to see in JK2, something like u see in Episode1, like a darth maul kick, in the middle of a saber fight? :atat: :atat: :atat:

Originally posted by Scrobes

I haven't asked any questions yet, but having got to 4 pages now, most of my own queries have been answered anyway.

Just wanted to thank Chang immensely for his input and continued support in answering our mindless questions. ;)

That deserves RESPECT. :D

Chang what's your favourite saber colour?

Orange, actually... :)

Originally posted by Damazig

is it possible to see in JK2, something like u see in Episode1, like a darth maul kick, in the middle of a saber fight?

I hope you realise that with an all cutting blade whirring around that a kick is a very risky move to use, mess up and you'll lose a leg ^_^"

Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

I hope you realise that with an all cutting blade whirring around that a kick is a very risky move to use, mess up and you'll lose a leg ^_^"

oh well then, if there's DANGER involved in this fighting business then I'm staying RIGHT out!! :D

Originally posted by Furious Fish

oh well then, if there's DANGER involved in this fighting business then I'm staying RIGHT out!! :D

Wait a minute, Jedi Oucast has fighting? I thought it was about a a troubled jedi sent to the outer ring to find himself while trying to convince a hutt that a life of crime is not the answer he's looking for.

Archived