Home

Want to join a (european) clan (large message)

XIII

Hi Everybody,

I am a newbie to this forum and to the Jedi Knight series, although a Star Wars fan since I was 6 years old (I am now almost 29 :) ).

I am wondering if there are any european clans who are going to play JO more or less competitive. Another optioin is a US clan who doesn't mind having european members / wants to set up a european section.

Let me descripe myself:

Name: Archer aka XIII

Date of birth: 12 may 1973

Connection: fast ADSL (128 kb up/down)

Computer Specifics: i have a local area network at home with 6 pc's and a NT Server(which crashed recently btw :( ).

My playing machine will be my Pentium IV 1.7, 256 mb RAM, GeForce III (asus 8200).

Character Description: I want to have fun and make some good friends. Although I like fun, I love frags, and adore winning. I want to win as a team. I am happy if my team wins, I don't care if I win. I don't like people harashing other people in a game coz I won't start a flame war but I will sure end it.

Hobbys': Martial Arts, Gaming

Most important to you guys will be my gaming history: I have MP experience in Novalogic's Delta Force 1 till 3.

My squad was: Executive Outcomes. I was commanding the section which fought our DF3 battles for a while.

History on EO (executive outcomes): one of the best Delta Force squads around in europe, although not even close to some US squads. We made it to the final which was never played in the European Delta Force League (EDFL) The sfeer was great and so were the friendships closed for live: some EO members even came over from Sweden, Denmark and norway for my wedding (in The Netherlands). They stayed over for a week in our humble appartment.

I also participated in Ghost Recon, RogueSpear, CS, Urban Ops and some UT and the recent released C&C: Renegade.

I was considering to contiune with Renegade after my Executive Outcomes time, which was 4 years. But the game is all about selfishness. I don't mean this is a bad way but in DF it is about making frags (if you play TDM), in Renegade the main issue is getting points. The best way to get points is to shoot at the enemy's base. It doesn't mather how many times you are killed. So everybody shoots at the base, leaves your own defences open etc and does everything to get the best shooting spot. Defence / Engineers are getting far lesser points. Everybody with some tactical sence sees it comming. I don't care to repair vehicles for some1 once or twice or even for the third time, but I do kind of expect him / her to do it for me as well so I can make some points and move on at Westwoods Online Ladder system.

After seeing the trailor from JO I descided it would be nice to fight in a clan again and have all the fun, friendship etc. that I had before, in this wonderful upcomming title.

I hope that clan leaders who read this message have an indication of my character (sorry for the large amount of text) and have a nice squad with good people who are willing to game for friendship and victory,

Thanks for reading this,

Regards,

XIII aka Archer

My clan Fatal Fury, will accept anyone, only problem is I'm 14 and the other 3 members are :( doesn't mean you can't join though. I'm trying to get an older crowd, but if all else fails you can join my clan if you'd like. If you need anymore information about my clan which I can happily provide..my e-mail is LhoneWolf@aol.com.

Oh I forgot to mention this, I have AOL now 56k, but this Thursday I am getting Cable. My other three members all have cable too. It's kinda odd how that happened, but besides me and the three members there is an iniate --someone who isn't in yet, because it is to guarentee dedication to the clan and it's not just a joke-- and well also if you get on zone my name is _FF_PRoDigY. My AiM is LhoneWolf, ICQ #147916398, and IRC channel #_FF_ on irc.enterthegame.com.

thx for the reply(s),

but I still hope to find an appealing european squad. I keep your offer in my though.

Are there any other clans which might be interested??

Regards,

XIII aka Archer

NTS (http://www.noghri.nl) is a European clan.

We currently have 4 dutch members (including myself), 4 german, 3 english, 1 american (exception) and 1 norwegian. Our tryouts are tough and we will have to wait till Outcast comes out to do it. If you would like to know more post on our message board.

Leuk je te ontmoeten :)

Archived