Home

Help with fighting the Destroyer Droids

markos

Originally posted by Kryllith

And hope they don't have cannons/air cruisers ;)

Kryllith

Normal turrets should take care of enemy AA units, if they have Aircruisers, send in some fighters, if they have cannons blast them with Aircruisers, if the enemy has fighters they still need to get near your Aircruisers to take them out. Since both AA turrets and Aircruisers have quite a large range, keep your Aircruiser inside the AA turret range and fire on the cannon

Problem is that cannons have better range than air cruisers. When the Air cruisers come out to take out the cannons, the AA turrets lose some of their ability to defend them; that's when the fighers; AA units come into play.

Kryllith

I think it would be best just to surrender if you come against a Pro TF player (just kiddin'). I am a TF player and the Civ that gives me the most problem is Gungans due their Mobile Shield generators - Also, sometimes Rebel Alliance - they are superior in the Air and can take out an a TF army on route to battle, so by the time they arrive for battle their army is weakened. I find it takes my AA troopers too long to take out a squadron of Rebel Fighters.

Also, the idea of using Jedi Masters to turn DD's is a really good one - this always sends me back to my fortress for protection!

Good Luck - 'cause you gonna need it!

Problem with Naboo vs HDDs is that even though taxation gives cheaper units, the best usual counters against HDDs (HMDs and grenaders) are weak with the Naboo. Naboo do not get the HMD upgrade (though they get some good general mech upgrades that improve them).

So when playing Naboo, Air and Jedi are their strongest units vs HDDs, and even with taxation they are not cheap, and they are not easy to mass. You will need to be flexible - go with what the enemy gives you. Use Air units (bombers are the best vs. HDDs) if the enemy is lacking air defense, use Jedi to convert some HDDs and back up these units with some admittedly weak grenaders or MDs. Put up a shield generator to cover your jedi and other units if possible.

I think that the Naboo have the hardest time with HDDs of any of the civs, because I have found the HMDs to be most effective against those units

• 5 months later...

This unit in the topic is the unmatched best foot unit. Only units that can give it problems in a one on one is Wook Bersk, and Naboo Crusad. (tested units out in editer) Jedi master's also give it problems....but they are a more speacilized foot unit. This foot unit is also one of very few that takes 2-3 hits from AC to take down.

I usealy play TF but can do nicely with all. The mixup I bring out with TF stands as:

5-15 HDDs, 4-6 MDs, 2-3 AMs, 2-3 AC (frontal path sweeping), 2-4 cannons (anti-fortress), 10-20 adv fighters (mostly AC intercept), 5 adv bombers. Throw in 5-10 AAMs if Repub, Rebal, Naboo air are involved. Most expensive part here is the resreaching like usealy and the AC's.

I just wish DD's did not have to roll with any moveing they do. Would be nice if they could do small steps with their tripod legs. Also fired alternating arms not both at once.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
I hate air cruisers.I prefer to use soldiers all the time since it's not cheating air cruisers are basically cheating Even tho they seem to die fast

Using soldiers against destroyer droids (especially Heavy ones) is tantamount to suicide though. Grenade troopers might have some success, but even they will get wiped out. Mech destroyers/Assaults are better, but better still is air since the destroyers can't hit them. Fighters aren't very good against them, but bombers work quite well. As for air cruisers, I don't really consider them cheating. Fighters wipe out ACs very quickly Anti-air (especially retrofitted) work fairly well too. Considering their slow speed, high cost (and repair cost), and long recharge time, ACs can be quite detrimental to their user's economy if their opponent takes advantage of their weaknesses.

Kryllith

• 10 months later...

Archived