Home

Whoa that worked nicely!

Rogue15

I played as trade federation against computer...

Just upgrade AATs and Destroyer Droids, i beat 3 computer opponents that way. Even though they had air support, the mechs and droidekas take out buildings pretty fast. I had 15 of each. The Naboo were smart tho...they built a bunch of different bases instead of in just one area, that's what i usually do...but what's up with all the stupid power cores?!!? that carbon would be better off used elsewhere...

The computer definitely builds too many power cores. A few redundant ones in the heart of your village are one thing... having them every 5 or 6 map squares like weeds out in no-man's land is something else. I'm not sure why it does that, but the AI could definitely use a tweak in that direction, come expansion pack time, to get it to stop doing this.

I think it does serve a purpose tho....I remember that one game i played vs. the gungans and they built all across the top of the map, i guess the power cores are something they put down first before they put down anymore buildings...pretty lame to overestimate their time on the battleground before being wiped out!

Yeah most of the time they will build around those power cores given time adn ahving them their is not a bad idea if you have as much carbon as you need which they do. What I hate is the dumbass building 150 units and putting them in circle around the fortress it only seems to do it in DM but it's so dumb and annoying.

They'd be better off building anything else. The power core by itself doesn't do anything. A troop center, even an unpowered one, causes a little havoc and I think costs less.

And why does it build so many command centers right next to each other? If they used them for defensive purposes that would be one thing, but they don't really.

If they just put those extra builders to work they'd be more effective.

Speaking of which, does anyone else occasionally come across a computer player that is doing absolutely nothing? Sometimes in a 5 or 6 player game I find one of the computer players will just stop. All of its workers will be found standing still, it hasn't built anything beyond tech 1 or 2 or advanced.

Guest Supreme Warlord

Yeah right! Jedi are not and upgrades in Tech four are not. Kiss my wookie! I always wanted to say that :D

That's funny because whenever I play against TF it builds dozens of Command Centers. They take the place of 3 or 4 houses, so you'd think it would work out.

TF builds houses in the Gungan Campaign. I don't know if it needs them but they're there. Come to think of it, maybe it starts with the houses.

For a challenge try Deathmatch against the Trade Fed. The computer has enough food to build as many workers as it wants, doesn't have to fuss about with houses, and has ore to build five or more shielded fortresses right on top of your base.

Luckily it doesn't, deciding instead to erect power cores all over the map so you can still win!

I gotta start playing humans...

Archived