Home

Will JK2 run on a Voodoo 5?

[xeno]DarkStar

Originally posted by Andar72

What program did you use to edit the .cfg file? I copied your

lines into it and I couldnt get wickedgl to run at all.

windows notepad, just add the two lines under the line for Hitman and dont alter anything else, and it should be fine. just make sure u add it to the list of games, DO NOT add it at the start of the file or at the very end, it has to be in the games list

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey 1st of all I want to thank everyone on this topic that posted tips and fixes I thank you people much it helped me to go from seeing nothing and locking up my comp to being able to play IN SINGLE PLAYER!

I just have two more proplems I cant seem to fix.

I am useing the WickidGL trick and that is how I get it to work in single player. but it only seems to work in chessy 640x480 and that is it. If I try to change and apply the settings that wickedGL message comes up and then the comp resets itself..... Any ideas?

The other proplem is multiplayer. What can I say it just won't lunch at all in multiplayer mode. again any ideas?

Thanks again for your help people.

I have a voodoo3 card, and i've gotten the game to run almost perfectly, (I'm quite surprised how well it runs on my archaic k6-2 450 and 64MB SDRAM) yet one problem remains. The opening crawl is unreadable. I can't read it, I dont even know what it says, its too blurry. Other than that somewhat minor problem, the game runs fine.

some1 help me out please!

windows xp, voodoo 4, i am using wicked gl (demo version)

without wicked gl i couldnt play at all, pc froze at start. installed wicked gl: still cant see intro movies (only on safe mode) and more important I CANT CHANGE THE LOW RESOLUTION 640x480. everytime i try to change the resolution i get the wicked gl demo message and computer freezes. the game runs perfectly with that resolution, perfect load and save, i can see sky, i think no blurriness?. thank you for your support.

I have a Duron 800 with a Voodoo3 3000 AGP in my computer. I was happy to read that there would have been a solution for crashes when loading saved games in Jedi outcast for 3dfx cards.

Si I tried to use this WickedGL method but it doesn't work for me : I installed it as explained above, and when I start the game, the 3dfx logo displays correctly, then WickedGl tells it is a demo version, then I press "c". And then the system hangs up. Black screen, no ctrl-alt-del possible, just reset.

I've tried the 2 dll of WickedGL but the problem is still the same.

Does someone has a solution for me ?

Did the rename method and it worked! Sky was not messed up either. Thank you!!!

Remember you need to rename the jk2sp.exe (or whatever it is called), not the jedioutcast.exe. Renamed it, ran wicked, renamed it back, game worked right.

Did I say THANK YOU? No? Well THANK YOU!!!

:)

Hey guys, I just got on this forum. I tried the WickedGL idea and I'm still getting the same response. I have a VooDoo 3 3500/TV with the most recent drivers I could find for Windows 2000 Pro and the game menu is really fuzzy, textures aren't showing up very well, frame rates are low even when I'm at 800x600x16. Any ideas on the 3500?

Thanx,

Cin

P3 450mhz

64mb ram

VooDoo 3

SB Live!

Window98

Game runs fine except with few small problems so far.

1. The game save screens are all the same as the last save I made.

2. The opening text where it tells you about whats going on in the galaxy before the game starts (like in the movies) is incredibly blurry which makes it impossible to read

3. On some stages the sky is there on others (like bespin) its just a big white thing. (I am about to try the sky fixes said before, hope that works.)

Anyone know how to fix problem 1 and 2?

Edit: Skies work now thanks.

Hello

First i want to thank everyone who gave us thetip with wicked gl!!

Now JO and MoH works fine, but i have one little problem with MoH, I can´t see the weapon?!?!? Knows somebody what i can do? Here my System

PIII 500

V5 5500

415 MBRAM

Win ME

Thanks everyone who can help me!!

Guys,

Thanks for everything. Game would load but all I saw was a black screen. Downloaded Wicked GL. Copied dll files to Jedi Outcast Game folder and everything works like a charm. Amazing.

Thanks again.:D

I started the game without wikedGl and all text and most images at the first main menu were all black blocks, (Ex:) The letter A would just be a black box. I installed wikedGl and did everything you guys were doing. And nothing seems to work, Plz help me I dont feel like taking this game back.

hi peeps, mines a voodoo 3 3000 ... the game works, seems to be ok in cut scenes an stuff, but i do have that problem with the famous scrolling text ... its all blurry.. unreadable ...

my main issue with it is, that i can play one game of it, an then when i screw up an die, an go to reload a previous savegame, or even just click to restart the level as it suggests, it just hangs... i can escape back to the main menu, but it refuses to load... and if it does actually look like its going to, and the bar gets all the way there, then it just dumps to windows (XP) and the gamma's 10x higher than it should be.... i found if i went to the advanced settings for display properties, and to 3dfx color, that returned the gamma to normal (better than rebooting atleast), but its still a pain in the arse!... i also found that the trick with changing a couple video settings seems to work to some degree, but its not fixing the problem, and is taking just as long as loading the whole game like i was having to before over again.

and as for this wickedgl thing.... is there anyone else here that has done this with Win XP Pro Corp ? and a Voodoo 3 3000 ?

cause it dont wanna work with mine, infact when i did that, it failed to even load... until i removed wickedgl's opengl driver again.

my systems very tidy, so i know its not that... ive updated the cards bios, given it the 3fdx underground 1.06 alpha drivers, which seem to be about the best for all round gl drivers, and MOH:AA, Q3, RTCW all work fine.. no problems/glitches at all... yet i keep having to reload the whole of JK2... just to load a savegame after dieing once!... HELP!!!

wooops.. forgot sys specs ...

T-Bird 800mhz

Asus A7V Via Apollo KT133

512meg PC-133mhz SD-Ram

Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

Soundblaster Live! Value

C-Net 10/100 NIC

FlyVideo 2000 Tv Tuner/Capture

Sony 40x-52x CD

Ricoh 32x12x10 CDR/RW

2 x Western Digital 20 gig 7200 rpm (UDMA 4 - 66meg/s)

Win XP Pro Corp Edition. (2600)

Like everyone else Mucho thanks to Urzatri et al for the WickedGL info. Now on to my issue.

First, my sky things seems fine no biggie there. However, I noticed that in Nar Shadaa streets I have this wicked flicker all over the place, but it's the worst in the first bar you go to. I haven't tested it elsewhere yet, but I will and let you know. Any ideas on how to get rid of the flicker? I've jacked around with the in game settings (from lowest end to highest end) to no avail, and used the fiddled with the WickedGL panel as well. I'm on a Voodoo3 2000 and 3000 (2 comps).

Ok, just checked and it only seems to be in Nar Shadaa...it's REALLY annoying tho...about 100X worse than looking at a monitor set a 60Hz under bright fluorescents. Please help!

Archived