I Saw It in the Store Today! *NOT WHAT YOU THINK...*

Hoth

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MustangMatt302

Beat down time.........Stalker that is complete bull

:jango:

JediMaster74, there are a bunch of trannies out there. Be careful bro on what "women" you choose to talk to and stuff.....

LOL Matt Thanks for the Warning!!

Thats what it is, a rumor.

Since when do sales people know anything? They dont.

To prove you my point, i called my EB store up here in LA, and ask the sales guy when JK2 is due. He goes like 'hang on a sec'....

'oh yeah. Sorry but its been delayed til june'.

hmm i dont think i need to take it any further.

Regs: MGS2

It was released in the US first because the original MGS was a hit in the states and not Japan. So obviously they hit the stronger market first.

Originally posted by LordRikerQ

dont believe everything you hear, our friends from down under are lying. USA Gets it first and besides it wouldnt be $99 in Australia unless they had it imported from EBGames.com or something.

Okay - shaddup dude, cause i'm definatly not lying, and i hate being called a lier. I'm just reporting what the guys at my local computer store told me and Hoth was just doing the same.

Second, get your facts right - it WILL be $99 in australia because that's in AUSSIE DOLLARS which is a POVO CURRENCY (don't you ever listen to the stock market things on the news :p) that's AU$90 (minus sales tax) which is US~$45. that sounds about right doesn't it?? good.

Just one thing to think about, i'm not sure about this (so yes, you can flame me if you want :p), but local distributors do their own packaging and stuff. I remember this to be true because X-Wing Alliance (i think that was the game) was delayed for about a week because of a printing problem with the manual. That game was delayed only in aus. Plus, the date that's on the trailer says "official IN STORE date" - meaning everywhere will have it on the shelves by that date. meaning they ship to distributers sooner, so it is entirely possible that we are getting it earlier than you US guys simply because we shove things in boxes quicker :p

Anyway, that's just my thoughts - we'll find out if its true tomorrow i guess.

-Perkz-

This goes hand in hand with the topic I posted yesterday or the day before http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34790 reported from EB Burwood for 22nd and Harvey Norman Broadway for 23rd of March. I'll ring up tomorrow morning but will have to report back later, I'm not sure about the time differences but it's around 5:20pm in Sydney, NSW right now. Expect me to report back around the same time tomorrow if it is out.

Hoth, did you ask if they were carrying the limited edition version? Actually, I could ring up right now and see seeing as it's late night shopping tonight.

i just called my local EB (melbourne, Australia-the chadstone one) and they said they WERE getting it in tomorrow, but there was a problem witht the shipping so it will most likely come next week sometime. But the woman said that they MIGHT still get it tomorrow so i should ring back. I don;t think it'll be coming to morrow but i'll bloody well check, thats for sure.

Well, just rang up 3 EBs in NSW. None of them actually have received it yet, but are still hoping to get it tomorrow morning and told me to ring up tomorrow to check. None of them know for sure if they're getting the CE, since they only have one JO down in their computers. *shrug*

Archived