Home

Workers are the key.....

• 3 weeks later...

Sure; workers are definitely important... but why built 70 or 90???? Build 10 for carbon, 10 for food, 5 for ore and 5 for nova.. That should be enough.. Also build 2 for building.. When you go to 2nd stage; build a wall around your camp/city and lots of turrets... Also build a warcenter and that other building (i forgot the name) to upgrade range, firepower, turrets and walls... That should do the trick!!! ;):atat:

well u see Dutch the nly problem i see with your strat is this it is not very offensive why waste the ore building a wall when u can build turrets at the guys base. also if the guy Recruit rushes u r in big trouble i suggest through out the game constantly build workers untill u reach 70 or 90 this way u can build mass armieds quickly and this allows u t respond to a big loss at the enemies base. :ewok::atat::deathii:

I agree, 70-90? THat takes up half of your population. Workers are the key, upgrade them like troops and they will hold thier own as far as harvesting goes. BUT use alternate means as well. I try to use utility boats as often as possible in some remote part of the map. They can harvest fish unitl they are out, or you can set up aquaharvesters, that gets your food up and you dont have to wrroy about rebulding farms so often.

I have about 15 getting carbon, I use a lot of that stuff, and then four ofr nova and ore, and a team of four for building. Sometimes I will split them up, but usully they build fast enough to that I have them build wahtever I need.

Happy hunting

:dtrooper:

• 7 months later...

ARE YOU INSANE!?

i dont wanna sound mean but, seriously, HAZE and EWOK are the only two here who have any idea on what they're doing

:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: x2

you cant do that w/ only 4nova dudes and 10 food dudes

:bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2: x10 and u cant do that w/ only 10 food workers and 10 carbon workers...

well u can, but it'd take forever, and what if u get defeated?...will you be able 2 recover quickly?(ugh...cant put in as many battledroids as i wanna!)

I agree, 70-90 isn't really that high (I've seen people go to 120). This is especially true if you're booming. Why have 5 workers tackling one group of nova when you can have 15 workers working on 3? Do the same with ore and you're looking at 30 workers. Then if you use the 2:1 ratio (2 carbon/food per 1 nova/ore) then you're looking at 30 on food and 30 on carbon... 90 total. Granted if you're playing on one of the smaller maps, you may not want to build so many since there aren't as many resources. And, of course, it doesn't hurt to have numerous workers building when you're looking at buildings that take a while to make--like turrets and fortresses. Btw, I consider utility boats as a class of workers, since they can repair, gather food, build beacons and (if you're playing gungans) build prefabs.

Point is that if you only have 30-40 workers then yeah, you may have a lot more only slots for military units. But with so few gathering, you're going to be using your resources up rather quickly. Course you could amass a fair sized armour of troopers. But said troopers will get slaughtered when they're up against someone with a much better economy who can afford to pump out the same amount of mechs as you can troopers...

Kryllith

• 4 weeks later...

Agree! in a 250 pop limit multiplayer game it is essential to have about 100 of your pop as workers. this many workers are needed to feed thousands of each res to your army of 150 or so. this amount of workers is the only way you will be able to wield a massive army and keep it reinforced in a pop 250 game. Its tricky for most to be able to balance the right amount of workers with the right amount of army. Its useless to have like 15,000 each of food and wood etc. when your troops are out numbered and getting kicked around. On the other side of coin, its also ridiculous to have an army of 200 with only like 300 of food and wood in your stockpile the whole time lol. Its been tried, tested and you can count on around 80-100 workers to be ample and sufficient for a pop of 200-250.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

70-90 is not that much i always have at least 70 workers. At TL-1 i make 10workers, TL-2 i make 4-6 workers, TL-3 i make 4-8 workers and TL-4 i make 15 and if i have enough space in my population and have enough food I create more after building an army i always do. Also someone said 10 on Carbon, 5 on Food, 5 on Ore and 5 on Nova. What about Civi's that depend on Food and Nova? I have never used any less than about 50 workers from the when i first started playing the game properly, and it is well worth it to have lots of workers, if your population reaches max at TL-4 and you are neer to completeing the game, then you delete about half of your worker population.

It depends on who you are, and what you are trying.

Wookiees, they have self-regeneration. Shielded Air-Force, and the Berserkers are very versatile. Hence that they are very defensive. You don't need to keep re-enforcing, simply because their units are just so damn hard to kill.

Trade Federation, who's specialty is their mass of mechs and rapidity of building. Are designed solely for mass producing, so they need workers for the resources.

• 3 years later...

Archived