Home

About the release dates

Hobo-wan[RXz]

Ok Ive decided to register on these forums after a friend linked me to some of the recent posts regarding Australian release dates.

I just got off the phone to Games Market and they have stated that they believe they will get the game in after lunch today (Friday the 22nd)

The guy I was talking to knew what I was on about, he wasn't like your standard ignorant sales employee. While he said that they have a good chance of getting it in today, all those people that ordered from them wont have it shipped to them until monday, because by the time they get it they wont have enough time to mail them all out, so its easier to do them all in one hit on monday.

Basically no one in Australia has the game yet, however it would appear very likely that Australians get to play the game before the rest of the world. The Games Market employee informed me that his information came direct from the distributor of the game in Australia, which would mean that its all truth.

Also the reason behind the distributor releasing the game so early would most likely be due to the fact that the distributor has paid for the rights to distribute it across Australia, and thus has the ability to provide it to retail outlets when they see fit.

If they get it in today he said he would ring my mobile, so if its all true you'll see a pic of the menu screen soon. Twenty minutes until noon..

-Hobo

P.S I've read all the other threads on this subject, this is just one thats supposed to actually have complete substance and tell the truth. Some of those other posts seemed to have one too many shrimps off the old barbeque..so to speak..

The problem with retail employee's is that they often lie, just so they're actually telling you something.

I've worked retail for 5 years in various levels of management down to basic sales positions.

If you tell a customer, "I don't know" it typically blows up in your face, so a lot of employee's feel it better to tell them something, anything, just to avoid this situation.

I for one rarely did this, and I ended up getting yelled at a number of times for being honest and saying I didn't have the info requested.

So the bottom line is, when dealing with retail, take everything you hear with a grain of salt. A lot of employee's are dedicated, but there are enough that don't give a crap and have yet to realize the importance of having values, that you really should be careful.

hey if someone gets the game before us its ok because now we can get a review from someone who feels the same excitement about the game as we do. Also we don't get the game all that much later.

ps to all those who get the game before me, one of you will have a strange person come up to you and take the game from your hands while laughing and saying "at last, i am complete". fair warning

Originally posted by MustangMatt302

I was hoping my spring break would be next week, but it HAD to be this week. I have to go through a whole week of school again before I see that lovely blue/black JK2 box in my hands. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pray for me and my struggles.....hehe

:jango:

Hey Mustang I will be thinking of you when I am playing online and in Single Player :p Don't Worry I will take down some Reborns for you hehe.

Originally posted by MuRaSaMuNe

Ah well, at least it comes out here in North America on the Easter weekend yay! a long weekend to play. Hmm.. the 29th is the official release date but that's also Good Friday and aren't stores closed then? :confused:

no, i don't think so -- my friend works at EB and he's gotta go to work...which i don't mind! ;)

Well....lets see its been about 4 hours since that dude made that post. He hasnt posted an update. Something tells me that this is another steaming pile of Kangaroo dung. It's getting pretty deep in this forum, pretty soon we'll have to bring boots and shovels just to wade through it all.

Rang them 30 mins ago, said the distributor had rung them to inform them that their delaying till tuesday which is now the official date for the Australian release. Hopefully i'll have it by then heh.

Also these are the following 7-8 other release dates ive been given by various software retailers.

1) Next Monday

2) Next Tuesday

3) Next Wednesday

4) Next Thursday

5) Next Friday

6) 4th of April

7) 14th of April

8) Was released 4 years ago

Interesting.

-Hobo

Thats great. lol, soooo...basically what you're saying is its a toss up? Heheh oh well, we will have the game soon enough....well not soon enough but I guess we have to accept that we cant affect it and it will get here when it will get here.....or there in your case.

Origianlly posted by Hobo-wan[RXz]

Also these are the following 7-8 other release dates ive been given by various software retailers.

1) Next Monday

2) Next Tuesday

3) Next Wednesday

4) Next Thursday

5) Next Friday

6) 4th of April

7) 14th of April

And the moral of this tale kids, is never, never, NEVER believe what you are told by software retailers. Half of them simply don't have a clue. The other half don't have enough info to respond properly to a query, so will guess and be wrong anyway. I mean, how much of a complete <insert derogatory word here> do you have to be to work in a software shop and confuse one of the big PC releases this year with it's 4 year old sequel!

If that last one was a joke then I'm sorry for taking it seriously, but the fact is I can readily believe it after the number of idiotic sales staff that I've spoken to in software/computer shops. I know they are not all incompetent - a fair few are actually pretty clued-up students etc, and I can sympathize that it is difficult to keep track of all the releases in a given week - especially when they're asked about games that aren't even out yet and they have to rely on info they are given by their superiors/head office etc. However, what really bugs me is when the don't know the real answer to your question, guess, and then try to pass that guess off as factual knoweldge. As an example, I went to my local EB about a month ago to purchase Star Wars: Starfighter for the PC. I knew the game was out that day because I saw it in Virgin Megastore for about £39.99 or something ridiculous like that. However, they didn't have it out in EB so I asked a bloke who turned out to be the manager. The guy actually had the audacity to tell me that I was completely mistaken, and that Starfighter was a PS2 game that would be coming to the X-Box in the future - no PC release. I noticed a supply catalogue open on the counter in front of him, and lo & behold, on the front page there was an entry for Starfighter for PC CD-ROM on the open page.

Anyway, [/RANT]. Carry on :D .

Archived