Home

Dual Cpu???

SYNERGiST

@JonRicoPa

well i just looked what causes the problem and found out that the games is killed because it trys to make a division by an divisior of zero ... so i disassabled the code and looked for a possibility to fix it -> which mean i replaced the division with a "nop" (no operation ... the cpu do nothing and continues with the next code).

thanks to the force the game runs after that little modification ... even if this is far away from any good solution.

and since other people have the entities error too i dont believe that it is caused directly by this modification.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The error is obviously only for Athlons! no matter what other spec you're gonna have, it is just the athlons!

I get the same error with my Athlon 1600XP and Windows XP.

How stupid could Lucasarts/Raven could have been not to test this game with the world's most superior CPU chipset!?

Man I went over to a LAN party tonight and was gonna fire the game up for the first time on a LAN since my purchase and it drops to desktop after opening!!!! I am glad I am not the only one...please fix!!!

specs: Tyan Tiger MP 2460 | 2x1700+ XPs | 40gb and 20gb WD 7200s | 768MB Registered ECC 2100 DDR | GF3 Ti200 | 24x10x40 QPS | 16x AOpen DVD | SB Live 5.1 | Lian-Li 62USB 400w | 19' monitor | Dual booting XP Pro and FreeBSD.

well it seems that the entities error is caused by modifying the jk2mp.exe ... so we can not play without the fix and we can not play for long with the fix ... and the best of all ... as a copy protection this feature has failed since there are no cd cracks which work without any modification of the exe ...

Ok...

CPU: Dual Pentium III 1.4Ghz Tualatin 512Kb Cache

Mother Board: MSI Pro266TD Master LR

Ram: 512Mb

Graphic Card: Creative Geforce 2 GTS

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live!

HD: Maxtor 60Gb

Running Windows XP

Before when i didn't have MS Visual Studio installed I didnt get an error just see the console detecting cpu... BANG back to windows

Now when i have MS Visual studio installed i get a error box:

The exception Integer division by zero.

(0xc0000094) occured in the application at location 0x00444c2e.

Hope they fix this error soon...

Welp, nothing on the lucasarts site yet under support.

I find it funny that someone who ddint write the program and doesnt have the source code (Im assuming) got something to kinda work fairly fast and there is no fix yet from lucasarts.

GJ raiden! Maybe Lucasarts would like to hire you?

@WildManPiet

nope i dont have the source code (unfortunatly).

so lucasarts/raven will have to get the hardware to find and fix the problem ... and of course many hours of testing :-).

but one problem remains ... everyone will have to use this update or else the only servers on which we can play are with "pure=no" and our own because even if the internal filecheck of the game is ok (the problem of my fix) we still have other versions than the rest of the world.

as a result of that they have to test it on every other hardware config ... not that this time the mighty amd760mp users are the only one who can play :D.

and when they make a update for everyone its possible that they take the chance and try to fix some other problemes ...

erm, for your information dudes, I get the EXACT same error, the weird thing is, I do not have dual CPU!

Athlon 1600XP

256 MEG DDR

Geforce GTS 2

k7t266 Pro 2 MSI Motherboard

Windows XP

And I get the exact same error as that windows XP screenshot above

hmm it lookes like the cpu dectection code is really messed up ... so far we have the problem on dual amd/intel systems as well as on single amds ... well a little beta testing befor releasing a game shouldnt be that problem :-(

Raiden, what's the address of the div 0 you found?

i'm guessing it's in the cpu speed calculation. (or possibly the cpu detect, but it's pretty much the same as Q3's, plus p4 code.) there is a divide in the cpu speed code, but it's dividing down the QueryPerformanceFrequency result. if that's failing, then the OS doesn't support the cpu.

was the div 0 here:

0044C2AB add dword ptr [esp+18h],esi

0044C2AF mov eax,esi

0044C2B1 div eax,ecx <----???

or here:

0044C2B9 inc esi

0044C2BA mov eax,edi

0044C2BC xor edx,edx

0044C2BE div eax,esi <---???

thanks,

with all of your input, we'll hopefully be able to fix this.

@emorog

the first div by zero is at "00444C2E ... F7F6 ... div esi "

-> after relacing this one with 2 nop's i found 3 (all following in the same function) more:

"444CA0 ... F7F7 ... div edi"

"444CAC ... F7F7 ... div edi"

"444CBF ... F7F7 ... div edi"

hope this will help you guys to fix it :-)

@spoonwzd

SYNERGiST does have a dual intel system ... so its not an athlon issue.

@Atomicone

well i have a tyan tiger mp board but i still using only one cpu (when time comes this will change and i will buy a 2nd xp) ... so maybe it is a problem of the chipset and not the cpu.

or maybe (i wouldnt be the first time) the os is causing the trouble by giving the game a wrong information about the system ...

Archived