Home

Strategy Guide #4: The Doomgiver Code (SPOILERS!!!)

ChangKhan

At the end of the first level on the Doomgiver, you will come to a communication array that is off-line. You will also find a large room with three narrow chambers with panels in them, all pointing toward a large central pillar. You will be given a the frequency to attune the array to in order to contact Rogue Squadron. Look on your datapad for this code. It will be three colored symbols, much like the code on the very first level of the game, so you should know what you have to do, here. However, the trick here is the physical challenge involved in actually entering the code. There is also a minor detail - an extra step - that may be eluding you. To find out more, read through the progressive hints (scroll down):

First Step: You will find a small, circular lift that takes you down to a gaping chasm of a room. In this room there will be many suspended cubical rooms, each with a panel with a colored symbol on them. You must get from cube to cube, finding the three panels whose symbols match the code you have in your datapad. The order the symbols are entered in does not matter, but if you set the correct symbol for a color and the subsequently hit the wrong one, you must go back and set the right one again.

Second Step: Okay, now that you've found the three cubes with the proper codes and activated their panels, go back up the lift. Now for the second step that might be missed - you must go to each of the three small chambers I mentioned before- the three with panels pointing at the center pillar. On each console will be the symbol you entered for that color. Use that panel to lock in that code and activate that part of the transmitter for that frequency.

Third and Final Step: Now go back to the first room in this area (the first room after the trams) and hit the main communication array button.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, like he said, there are three levels so you need to view your [TAB] thingy to view the codes you need to enter at each level - remember, the code has to be the same colour and symbol as in your tablet thingy. And BTW if it's the red one you're stuck on, it's on it's own over the other side of the room, U need to use Force Jump to get to it. I go underneath the one next to it and jump up and into the door. :D

Just a question...how do imperials set their codes when they dont have force jump? Do they use some sort of repulsor lift or something (if so, maybe the solution should have included this possibility)? :confused:

Sorry for off-topic but my friend pointed that out when I was doing this mission. :eek:

You gotta remember that the panels were offline at the time, most likely on purpose.

If you knew a Jedi was running through your ship, would you make it easy for him to do what he wants, especially if you're a Remnant?

As for the dudes in green way down there, they probably have rocket packs in the rooms where they patrol. That or they've been sentenced to die, whatever.

From the walkthrough I'm currently writing (Finished this section less than 20 mins ago)

There is a circular floor lift you need to head down. The room below looks intimidating but it is unusually simple if you are good at jumping. Open your datapad and look at the code you need to activate. There is a console with a code in most of the rooms but there are only 3 you need to concern yourself with. The correct Red code is located in the room directly to the left of the entrance. You will need to do a little jumping to get there but nothing you shouldn't be able to handle by now. Activate the console with the red code and proceed out. Your next objective is the green code on the level below. Drop down and hit the green level. The room you are looking for now is directly on the right of the entrance. It is probably the most difficult room to get safely out of as there is no lip on the doorway but should still pose little problem. Activate the code and drop to blue level. The room you now seek is the one opposite the entrance in the centre. It can be tough to get to sometimes as it's easy to be disoriented. Once there, activate the code and proceed back to the lift. In the comm access room, enter each colour coded room and activate the code panel to lock the code in. You can now use the comm panel to call in the cavalry.

• 2 weeks later...

:fett:

I'm Completely stuck guys... Please help my beleagured soul...

After completing the tirsome jumping puzzle and calling for back up, my mission tab displays that I have to search for Jan.

However, I can't seem to go back through the door I came from and instead the only place I can go is the jumping control room...

I tried jumping everywhere but I cannot find anywhere new to go.

I really don't know what to do please help.

Where is Jan and how do I end the level? :fett:

I must add my voice to this rather foolish comm system on a starship. I mean, what would you do in case of an emergency and need to call for a mayday? You'll have to go jump up and down (Force jump, no less) to 3 different levels to set up a frequency.

Even assuming you have enough manpower to station at every single cube in that chasm, you'll have to tell them to set up a particular frequency.

Ok, so perhaps the emergency frequency is "general" or "by default". What if the ship's captain wants to send a coded transmission that is not meant for the crew of the ship to know? He'll have to go gyrating around the cubes to set the frequency before he can initiate a transmission to Central Command, or whomever that is.

So Desann may be that "Central Command", but he sure isn't there all the time.

I mean, what a stupid way to set up a communication frequency? Of all the sci-fi movies and books you guys have come across, have you ever heard of a spaceship requiring extended acrobatics just to talk to someone else?

Or not for sci-fi... Anyone of you heard of an aircraft career that requires this sort of action just to talk to Washington?

Talk about the logic of it all...

Thank you very much for posting this...

You have just helped me at ending a dilema that I have had for the last several weeks.

I have been hopping around those cubes (falling 70% of the time) for weeks trying to figure out what to do.

Until today, I did not even know anything about the datapad...

Thank you...

:D

Think of it this way:

the "hopping room" is the manual control room. It could all probably be done on a computer in some locked room somewhere. The manual controls will never be needed because the event of the computers not working is "not likely". (HE, HE)

• 2 weeks later...
;) just so i helps a little bit. every 3 little rooms that are aligned vertically have the same codes just in different colors. so if you find the right symbol in the wrong color just go to the 2nd or 3rd level. this was on normal mode. i dont know about hard.

I've entered in the correct codes for each colour on all 3 levels under the lift. However, when returning to the upper level I find the blue and red 'control booths' do not match the symbol colour. eg, the booth coloured red on the outside has the blue symbol. Only green is correct. Therefore , the comm panel doesnot activate.

Also, when entering the lower cube room the first floor is blue.

Help please!

Archived