Home

Please Help Majorly Slow Performance!

HarryBoheamoth

Hi, all I'm having major problems with this game might be my computers prob but don't know all I know is it's not playing like it should on this speed of computer.

My computer is the following

Ahtlon k7-V motherboard with 700 Cpu

256 megs of Micron pci 133 mememory

Sound Blaster Live MP3

Geforce 2 GTS 64 Megs "it's a non Ultra"

Ok the major problem with the game is that no matter what graphics settings I put it at it runs about the same fps give or take a fps or two. When I run at max graphics at highest res 1280 by 1024 and then change graphics to 640 x 480 lowest settings the fps goes up a tad but not enough for game to be enjoyable. At Max graphics I am dipping down to 7 or 8 fps on the low and it hovers around 10's to 20's most of the time. But at Lowest graphics it get's over 30's seldemly and still dips down to 10 on the low. When it dips to 10 to 15 it's really making the game unbareable with the lightsaber battles and stuff.

With my computer setup I know for sure I should be getting a blazing 60fps or higher constant at lowest graphics I mean lowest graphics looks worse than the original JK game and back then my computer was a 200 megaherts with a pure 3d 6 meg card and it ran perfect lol.

I think the culprit is my sound card this is my best guess does anyone know by any chance how I can turn off the sound completely to test this thoery? Also I have the newest graphics drivers loaded for video and the 4 in 1 motherboard drivers for MB. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it I really don't understand what's going on I tried just about everything I know of.

I ran defrag

I ran scan disk

I have well over a gig on harddrive for swap file.

I have 87 percent of resources free.

I made sure FSA is turnd off.

I have agp set to 2x tried at 4x and 2x

I have agp fastwrites disabled tried them enabled also

I tried the apparture size at 64 megs and 128 megs.

Please help a poor gamer out and let me know if you know how to fix my problem I know I should get atleast no lower than 30fps at lowest crap ugly graphics.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

A cheap solution may be, update your Bios if needed and buy a cheap 900 or 1.1 gig chip for 70 bucks, then pop in another ram chip say 128meg.

I have a celeron 900mhz , 456 ram, geforce 2 mx 400, 30 gig 7200rpm. and the game is razor quick on highest graphics but on 800x600.

Just a thought?

Seams funny though that your sys can't handle it? the specs on box say your well within specs?

something may be up?

Reinstal directx 8.1?

Archived