Home

Bonus Battle in Droid Campaign

I just started playind GB and i finished the Droid Campaign and tried the bonus mission. I have tried this mission about 4 times now and continue to be slaughtered. My first attempt i just went for the attack to see what it was all about. The second time i tried garrisoning all of my troops in the large transports, this got me farther (to the land bridge at the bottom of the screen) but no further. Everytime despite what i do with healing with the medics or with garrisoning i always get slaughtered at the bridge. I try targeting the shields first to knock those out before i go to the large animals and troops but i cant defeat the shields fast enough by the bridge. Any help with the locating or the formation for my troops or the use of Darth Maul to win this battle would be greatly appreciated, so far i am pretty much running out of ideas. Thanks:(

Select all the troops and put them into different groups. Click on the staggered formation for each one and then click on the button that makes them stay put when attacked.

You want the troopers in front, the STAPs and the tanks in back and then the big assault mechs behind all of it. IIRC that's how they start anyway, but you want to move them up closer to each other.

By the time you're done with that the Gungans are attacking you, and you will fight them off. Then take one or two STAPs and send them down the screen. When they encounter the enemy turn them around and have them run back toward your line. You will do a ton of damage that way. Just keep doing that.

If you start to run out of troops take the repeater troops out of the Assault mechs. When you get Darth Maul you can have him turn some Gungan troops to your side too. When you get your STAPs all the way down to the bridge, you can just send in the whole mess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not impossible. I used to bulleye gungans with my HHD back home and they weren't much bigger than 2 meters.

The way I beat this was to first put all my troops in the assault mechs, then pull the mechs back into the upper left corner. The first wave of Gungans comes pretty quick, pulling back should buy you some time. (BTW, after replaying this a few times, I found it easier to group them in the upper right corner, north of where Maul comes out). I split my assault mechs into 2 groups (on the same screen) and had them sit there. Then I used my Destroyers to scout out the enemy and eliminate smaller units (troops and such, though possibly bigger units if I can hit them without getting decked by an assault mech). Meanwhile, I dragged the units back to one of my groups of assault mechs and have those mech work on destroying bigger units. At the same time, I pull my other group of assault mechs in for cover support. The computer AI is relatively stupid so you can guide their fire a bit and slaughter their heavy weapons/mechs without much trouble.

As Wade Vox said, one of the things to keep you alive is to move slowly. The HDD's make good scouts because they can slaughter units and then run back to recharge shields if needed. After the initial rush you'll want to move your troops to the southeastern side of the field to help out Maul. Take out this opponents the same way, converting with Maul if you can and using him to slaughter shield generators/assault mechs if possible. You can always bring him back to heal. I usually kept my medics just outside the combat zone and would run Maul back when necessary, if you keep the HHDs and your Assault Mechs on your opponent, you should be able to use Maul quite effectly offensively.

When you start getting to the bottom of the field, you might want to consider holding the bulk of your force back and using Maul around the sides. You can usually lure the grenaders and possibly the mechs out a bit at a time (converting when you can) this way instead of having them all come at you in a big rush. Eventually you'll probably have to pull Maul back, but if you have your forces waiting a little ways behind the trees, you can drag the enemy into them. Do this enough and you'll face a significantly smaller force when you cross the bridge.

Kryllith

• 2 weeks later...

Archived