Home

I don't like the game...

Master Blaster

After playing JK for almost 12 hours today - I'm taking it back tomorow :( Sad but has to be done.

I've been playing on Master Jedi dif. level and thats how you see CRAP. Almost non existing AI (compared to the other products on market), amazingly frustrating "puzzles". Totaly useless AUTO AIM which DOES exist despite what Raven says. Imagine there are 10 s.t.'s after you - you try to aim at the front guy and it suddenly jumps on to the guy behind just because I aimed at the first guys shoulder :( (I managed to turn it off through the console). And lots more annoying things.

Game gets better once you get a lightsaber but still crap.

Every aspect of the game has its faults.

The only people who really did a great job are those who did textures - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

I was waiting for the game eagerly but now it has to go back.

Very, very sad :(

Ok for 1, everybody is saying how awesome the AI is and your saying it doesnt exist? ROFL . Did you actually play it?

Anyways sorry that you dont like it, your loss. Take it back so somebody else can pick it up and be happy with it. Id like it if you could give us some examples of what exatly sucks about what your talking about..... Give us some detailed situations so we know exactly what your talking aboutl.

Eric

I have to agree with you about the puzzels.....theres no need to have all this look for security key, and vents to crawl through...reall gets on my nerves, i sat for 45mins working out were to go, really frustrating, this is an fps after wall, we buy it for action, not for puzzels and mazes...in my opinion.

But i thought the AI ws quite good, better then in other games, like moh:aa. The graphics are superb, saber battles are very realistic, like in the films, nice story line, though i thought it was a bit rushed. Over all a top class game i think. Shame u don't feel the same way.

Maybe "Non existing AI" was a bit strong but I still don't see that "praised by many" AI. I dont think great AI is : crouching, hiding around the corner and calling your mates for help. I haven't seen anyone actually running away from me no matter what weapon do I have in hands even when the enemy unit is own. Maybe that's because of difficulty level ? Try to kill someone with a lightsaber on Master Jedi level of dif. it's like poking with a toothpick :(

Graphics is good, models are good, atmosphere is good - but game still sucks.

Maybe "Non existing AI" was a bit strong but I still don't see that "praised by many" AI. I dont think great AI is : crouching, hiding around the corner and calling your mates for help. I haven't seen anyone actually running away from me no matter what weapon do I have in hands even when the enemy unit is on its own. Maybe that's because of difficulty level ? Try to kill someone with a lightsaber on Master Jedi level of dif. it's like poking with a toothpick :(

Graphics is good, models are good, atmosphere is good - but game still sucks.

I have been playing on Jedi Knight level and I would say the ai is pretty good. Some run away from me to find cover while others duck or try to sneak behind me.

As for the puzzles I dont' think they are that hard so far. I know it is classified as a fps but I think it was aimed more for the Dues ex or half-life crowd then Quake or Ut style games. Oh well no game can please everybody!:)

I like how you failed to give us examples like i suggested above. I really wanna flame you but instead im just gonna ask for your personal detailed opinion on the things you do not like about the game. So we can have a normal conversation. And what else do you want enemies to do in a game as far as AI goes? want them to scratch there ass and call there mom on the phone or stub there toe and cry? I dont get it. If you kill there leader or just many stormtroopers all at once in a surprize attack supposidly some might run. Try it =)

Eric

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the game. That's a real shame. :( I wonder...did you ever play the original Dark Forces, as well as Jedi Knight?

You see, what Raven have managed to do is combine elements from both of the preceding games...and Dark Forces did have several large puzzles, and security codes to bypass. As for Jedi Knight...that game too had it's puzzle elements...how do you get from A to B...etc. So Jedi Outcast is actually quite faithful to the games that preceded it, IMO. The puzzles can be a little tough initially...but once you figure them out, you kick yourself.

The thing to really keep in mind, I find, is that nothing is taking place for no reason. If you see something unusual, even from a distance, then it has some part to play.

As for the AI...I find it quite good, actually. The Stormies do run away, try to flank you, duck behind cover, call for assistance...and the Commanders keep them focused on you. They're also harder to kill, unless you can get a lot of headshots, and that's great too.

Of course, there are a couple of issues with the game, I agree, but on the whole, they don't detract from an enjoyable experience...for me at least. I can't say that I'm very fond of the dynamic crosshair either...especially in 3rd person, so I'll be trying to turn it off as well. :)

if u dont like a story, then the Starwars universe is not for u.The game was never ment to be a Q3 or UT, were the story is a tournament were u have to kill all oponents.Half Life was considered one of the best games ever, and it had lots of puzzles to solve, just like DarkForces and Jedi Knight(wich I really loved by the way).The game hasnt reached portugal yet, but one things 4sure, as soon as its here, ILL buy it, finish the SP part, join a clan for MP maddeness and start creating mods 4 it.:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat:

I for one don't mind the puzzles at all. That was part of JK to begin with. It seems to me that the people who don't seem to like this game much are those who never really played the original Jedi Knight or Dark Forces or just don't like Star Wars much. I'm only on the second level and I love the game. Its so cool to see how the series has evolved.

Put it this way. I'd rather spend more time in the world of Jedi Knight 2 solving puzzles than spend less flying through it. Complaining that the game is too hard/annoying because of the puzzles, seems idiotic to me. For a game like MOHAA, that took me 6 hours to complete in one day. JK2 is a welcome relief!!

BTW the ingame videos of JK2 do not do the graphics and saber movement justice. You really have to play the game to see how awesome the saber really looks. So far i love the story. The references to the Valley Of the Jedi are awesome. Kyles character is exactly like in the previous games! Animations are amazing, especially the dying anims of enemies. All you fans of Jedi Knight and MOTS will love this one!! Trust me!

I love JK2!!! It like stated above, is a realy breather from all the short games i have been playing recently. I love the AI and SP is great. I have it on Jedi Knight and i like how some of the troopers run away while others just stand and shot their. I also like when you shoot them in the head, they die. I think that the game is really good. And MP rocks too. The only thing i think that could have been better is well the use of locking recticles like in JK for force powers. I mean sometimes in MP i have no idea who i am gripping or who i am pulling weapons away from. Thats my only beef. :D

The only complaint I have about this game is when I play single player I get Motion sickness from it... then I have to take a break..

And one more compaint.. FKN PASSWORDS on the damn servers I try to join.. WTF...at least put PASSWORD in the game name..

thats all..

BTW THIS GAME ROCKS....

Ill duel anyone....I suck tho, but i will duel.. peace

I don't like the real world. There are too many puzzles and sometimes the sky doesn't move. Sometimes I just wander around aimlessly with no direct guidance telling me what I must do to progress through life. Clearly the developers of the world are trying to rip us off by forcing us to get stuck all the time, making life take four times longer than it should! And it's got horrible AI. Sometimes I see people bumping into stuff and that's just not realistic.

Oh yeah, and I jump too high.

;)

this game is f'in leet...

Originally posted by Econ

The only complaint I have about this game is when I play single player I get Motion sickness from it... then I have to take a break..

i was getting that alot today during JK2, thats why is wicked :D:D:D::D

Yea, I've had motion sickness once while playing (that was the first time EVER a game has done that to me). At first I just attributed it to looking at my flashing keychain a little too much and just played through it even though it felt like I was spinning around at 10 G's getting ready to fly outta my chair ;)

I got the motion sickness too. I have 2 suggestions for those who get it:

1) Try and stick to "outdoor" maps; those without lots of winding corridors and rooms.

2) Switch off the "sway" option.

I still get a little woozey but switching off the sway thing definitely has helped me.

Hoth

Archived