Home

Best. Game. Ever.

Bacon00

After reading some of the negative comments about this game, my anticipation was starting to dwindle for this game. I didn't think it would be that great.

Whoever is posting negative comments - you're a bonifide moron.

This game is very, very close to giving me the most fun in the first few hours of ownership than any other game. Even though I'm just on level 2 (after like 2 1/2 hours of gameplay), I can't get over how excellent the game is. The level design, the AI, the graphics, the sounds, the story, the puzzles, EVERYTHING. I LOVE IT!!! I've been stuck about 2 times for 15-20 minutes, and I couldn't be happier - when you figure out a problem all by yourself, it's gives you 50x the satisfaction as just running through a corridor level would. And all of this excitement and fun without any force powers or light saber, or even trying multiplayer... I can't wait to see what's to come.

To anyone that is reconsidering buying this game - stop the considering and buy it. I can't stress enough how good this game is (so far, at least). It's challanging, smart, and fun. The only downfall I can see is that the laser blasts seem to be moving a tad on the slow side - but after awhile, you get used to it and it seems to work quite well with the game. Once again.. BUY THIS GAME!!!

I couldn't agree more. Like you I was beginning to lose faith in the game after the barrage of negative comments in the last few days. Picked the game up today and had an initial problem of no sound in single player. I fooled around with it for awhile and could never get it to work, so I just formatted. It did the trick.

Needless to say I've been playing for about 4 hours straight now (taking a brief break before getting back at it,) and I'm floored. The game is amazing. People complaining about the AI being dumb are pretty ignorant themselves. It's certainly some of the better AI to come across the FPS genre in quite awhile. Ducking behind boxes, flanking, attacking in numbers and then the last few enemies running off to find more help, etc. It works very well. Another one of the huge complaints was the puzzles. I've had no problem at all with them so far. They really add alot to the game and I'm sick of hearing people say Raven threw them in to increase the games length. It just goes to show you that you can't please everyone. People ***** about short games and people ***** about decent length games. There is no medium and that's a shame. Weapons do take some getting used to, but after 30 mins of play or so I had it down pat. One shot to a stormtroopers head and it will drop him like a rock. Use thermal detonators for large groups of them and it just makes life a whole lot easier. The saber system is really nice as well. Again, it will take some time getting used to it, but the potential is there for people to become very skilled with it.

Graphically, it's the best of the Q3 engined games in terms of animation, but I think Wolfenstein looked slightly better texture wise. Still the game is very beautiful and runs nicely at 1024x768x32 with very high detail on my Athlon 900/256 ram/Gf2 MX. Audio wise it's a given. Classic Star Wars soundtrack and sound effects - flawless.

I suppose not everyone is going to enjoy the game and that's fine, but most of the points brought up in the complaints I've seen simply aren't valid in my eyes. If you enjoy Star Wars or FPS' that aren't just corridor shooters - you will enjoy this game tremendously.

I still haven't gotten the game (argh), but from all the downsides people have been posting, I have been somewhat concerned about how the game will be in my opinion. Lately, it seems on these forums are filled with complaints on the game. It's really started to take away my excitement that has developed over this past month. I hope it turns out to be great and hold my interest till the next great star wars game (hopefully an aotc game will be out for the pc sometime). I know everyone has different thoughts on the game, so of course there will be good and bad votes, so it's understandable. Kind of like the movie tpm. It got so hyped, that after it was released it was kind of spoiled. Maybe this is the case with JO? I hope not. Sorry to all who haven't like the game and glad to hear all those who like it ^_^. Yay, my 100th post ^_^.

So what your saying is, one cant voice an opinion when its negative? Wtf is this? Last i heard everyone has a right to voice their opinion.

So *your* opinion is that JK2 is the "best game ever".

Mine is that its the biggest disappointment of the year so far. I can say that, right? Yeah, cause that is my opinion.

So if your happy with it, fantastic!! Enjoy!

But i spend $50 on something am not totally enjoying and i want to vent my disappointment, simple as that.

Umm, no one said you couldn't voice your opinion if it was negative. We just said that all the negative comments were bringing fears that it might not be a good game.

I understand if you're dissapointed. That's your view, but alot of people are sticking around and constantly making posts about how much they think the game sucks or whatever. If you don't like it - return the game and move on. This is a JK2 fan site. Don't expect people to not get upset when the same people keep trolling about how much they dislike the game. We get your point.

Ha ha, when did I say you couldn't express your opinion???

I'm saying that you're an moron if you don't like this game, yes, but that's just my opinion... an opinion, according to you, I have every right to post.

Or is your opinion more important than mine? That's the message I'm getting from you...

Originally posted by Siege

Umm, no one said you couldn't voice your opinion if it was negative. We just said that all the negative comments were bringing fears that it might not be a good game.

I understand if you're dissapointed. That's your view, but alot of people are sticking around and constantly making posts about how much they think the game sucks or whatever. If you don't like it - return the game and move on. This is a JK2 fan site. Don't expect people to not get upset when the same people keep trolling about how much they dislike the game. We get your point.

Ok point taken.

Your forget one thing tho: Im a huge SW fan. So just because im not totally happy with the game i need to get the F*** outta here and , god forbit, post anything? move on? Oh geez thanks dude.

Its good to let the developer know that people enjoy it but also some others have issues. Fact is, when ur happy with the game you cannot wait to share your thoughts and adventures with fellows fans. The same goes when your not too happy with it.

I never said Jk2 sucks btw. And i think dont insult people that ther are 'trolling' when you obviously dont know the definition of that particular word.

Yep best game ever, thats all I'm going to say becaue Im too adicted to it. I just love how the game shows how bad you are when you are not wielding the force. And I love earning my lightsaber. ) BTW this game rocks !!!! Best since Half-Life, i think even better.

I should have clarified my use of trolling. It was referring to a majority of the complainers on this forum within the past 5 days - not directly at you. I apologize.

Again, I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the game as much as alot of use are. Hopefully you can learn to like it somewhat or reach another reasonable compromise somewhere and continue to chat with us all.

Thank you guys for your clear, comprehensive and mature posts about the games. It's very refreshing to both hear positive comments, but moreso it's refreshing to hear well-reasoned, level-headed ones, especially when the warez people played the game first and (inevitably) trashed it with endless rants. I, too, feared it would unjustly color other forum-goers preconceptions about the game... it's unfortunate that the ones who post opinions are more likely to be those who are disgruntled than those who are satisfied, but that's how it always goes- the angry people are always the vocal minority. Thanks again for your posts and maturity (despite some overly defensive posts from the naysayers).

And, most importantly to me, it's very rewarding to hear how you all enjoyed the game so much, it really makes it all feel worth it. The negative posts have been getting us down, too.

I can't wait till everyone who dislikes the game leaves the forums, so that those of us who do like it can talk about it endlessly!! :D

BTW, the saber duels with the reborn are awesome!! OH! And when you kill fight that chick bad jedi the end cutscene is brilliant!! I LOVED THAT!!

Well its 7am here in the UK, which means I only have to wait a couple of hours b4 I get the game!!:D :D

I have to admit, after seeing a few negative comments Ive been getting a little bit scared! But its good to finally see some Positive ones. After reading some of the comments I know im going to love this game!!!!

My only gripe so far is that I wish I was better at it :)

I find the whole experience incredibly fun, and it suits my gameplay style perfectly. I genuinely appreciate the attention to detail that is evident throughout the game (models, textures, animations, etc.) I apologize for not being more articulate and wordy, but I've been playing for 8 hours and my eyeballs hurt. As a gamer, I thank you for making such a truly fun game.

Oh, BUGGER, I can't wait to get the game! I would've had it today if it wasn't good friday. [all the shops are closed on good friday] Now with seeing all the posts, the new screenshots and some more stuff I just can't wait no longer. [its been over a bloody year!]

Now tell me something, in what level do you get your lightsaber?

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

when the warez people played the game first and (inevitably) trashed it with endless rants. I, too, feared it would unjustly color other forum-goers preconceptions about the game... And, most importantly to me, it's very rewarding to hear how you all enjoyed the game so much, it really makes it all feel worth it.

The negative posts have been getting us down, too.

ChanKhan, I honestly think that those here with the intention to buy the game won't be stopped by some warezkids with an I-am-a-pain-in-the-ass attitude. Raven Software has already proven themselves before.

The negative posts have been getting us down, too.

Heads up, I'm sure MRJ left at least 1 bottle of Scotch ;)

Archived