Home

Attention All Those With Nvidia Cards!

Hey guys,

Anyone who has an nVidia card like a TNT2, GeForce anything, etc. should note that the recommended driver version is the 23.11 drivers, not the detonators listed as the "most current" on nVidia.com.

When you go to the drivers page, you need to click on "Driver Archive" to get to the 23.11's.

Direct links:

Win 95/98/ME:

http://205.158.109.140/Windows/23.11/Win9x-Me_23.11.exe

Win2k/XP:

http://205.158.109.140/Windows/23.11/Win2K-XP_23.11.exe

The new detonators have problems with drawing black skies in the game as well as other graphical weirdness. A list of all video cards supported and their recommended driver versions are in your Jedi Outcast/install directory in the trouble.rtf file...the troubleshooting guide.

Thanks!

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra

Raven Software

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would that be the reason why im only getting a funny yellow sky?? and no stars.. ...I was wondering why there wasn't any clouds...

I'll try the 23.11 driver tonight!! !! ....*looking forward to seeing clouds and stars!!* ........good thing too cus I've just got to Bespin! :)

Thanks

Porl''

A common symptom of these crashes is that after pressing Alt and F4 the desktop comes back with washed out colours and the same resolution as the game settings - this happened identical on both my GeForce cards and appears to be either a card or game code problem.

20 04 02: I upgraded to 27.70 drivers and that seems to have sorted things out.

My System:

P4 2.0A, TH7-II Raid Bios version as bought, 512MB RDRAM, 60GB Maxtor Hard disc, PCI 128 sound, Sparkle GF4400 128MB video card, 12xDVD Win98SE. DX8.0a.

Drivers: nVidia 21.81 used on 3D Prophet ii GF Pro

nVidia 27.00 used on Sparkle GF4400 as retailed.

nvidia27.70 loaded to Sparkle GF4400 as downloaded

from Sparkle's site.

PS. The first TH7-ii bios was crap - I've put a newer one on that too ie: 10400 in 3DMark 2001SE at 1024x768x32 TH38bios.

Damn, the drivers didn't change the sky.. :( Its still lemon yellow, and i know it shouldn't be like that because sometimes when i look directly up (For example at the very start of the Cloud city level) I can see the proper brown sky/clouds......

...does any one else get this ?? ...Im running a 32mb Nividia TNT 2.

Thanks

Porl''

P.S. all the skies work fine in Multiplayer.

I got a 64 Mb Geforce 2 MX with those drivers and the game crashes all the time for me.

On a side note, it seems like my computer can only successfully run Quake 3 engine games. Quake 1 and 2 engine games, like GL Hexen II and Heretic II, are just too dark and I can't raise the gamma or brightness any higher. On top of that, non-quake-based games like Unreal Tournament and Diablo II won't even start at all for me. I just got this new computer so I can have all my old and new games, and it turns out I can only enjoy Elite Force and Jedi Knight II, JK2 when it's not crashing that is.

I have a Visiontek Geforce3 Ti200, running 28.32 drivers under Win2000 and they work just fine...

There has been a lot of complaints about the 23.11 drivers in quite a few different games. Definately not a recommended driver...

I downloaded the 23.11 drivers and began the installation, but a warning window popped up stating that to continue the installation could be dangerous to my system. It said that because the software I was attempting to install was not officially "approved" of by microsoft, I stood the risk of having my system suffer in someway (viruses, malfunction etc.) Is this reason enough not to install these drivers?

Also, I have a RIVA TNT2 model 64 (HP) card, will the 23.11 drivers make a significant difference in its performance if I do install them? The current drivers are version 5.13.01.1462. Thanks.

Keep up the great work.

I tried installing the old drivers with my geforce 4 but, like i read in another threat, it does not recognize the card. SO I installed drivers version 28.35 which works fine (other than bad shadows, it seems to me that this should be fixed in a patch).

With a graphics demanding game, as is the case with Jedi outcast, it should work beautifully with the top cards.... right now u either get bad performance with a low end card or if u are lucky enough to have a better video card then u have to put up with bugz.

Don't getting wrong I understand that all Pc games when the come out are buggy until the patches are developed, I just hope u guys can fix these bugs.

May the force be with u (I think all of us gamers are counting on that, so that u guys come out with a patch to fix must of or problem if not all)

chao

I can not even install my Jedi II correct each time i try ( i guess)

if it seems to be installed correctly i meet one of the following situations - after starting the single player (normal or save mode)

- the entire computer freezes - cold reboot needed

or

- the computer reboot's by its own

or

- error-message about the .exe then back to the desktop where the resolution has been changed to 640x480/16 bit and a (very) much to high brightness

the driver-change to 23.11 did not helped me, i am more or less :mad: , at least :confused:

the stats

athlon xp2000+

asus a7v266e with newest 4in1 and all that stuff

512 MB DDR-Ram

soundblaster life 5.1

ASUS GeF3 V8200 DeLuxe

WIN 98Se

anyone with a brilliant idea??

i would very wellcome some usefull input - thanks

Bumble

Originally posted by Bumblebee

I can not even install my Jedi II correct each time i try ( i guess)

if it seems to be installed correctly i meet one of the following situations - after starting the single player (normal or save mode)

- the entire computer freezes - cold reboot needed

or

- the computer reboot's by its own

or

- error-message about the .exe then back to the desktop where the resolution has been changed to 640x480/16 bit and a (very) much to high brightness

the driver-change to 23.11 did not helped me, i am more or less :mad: , at least :confused:

the stats

athlon xp2000+

asus a7v266e with newest 4in1 and all that stuff

512 MB DDR-Ram

soundblaster life 5.1

ASUS GeF3 V8200 DeLuxe

WIN 98Se

anyone with a brilliant idea??

i would very wellcome some usefull input - thanks

Bumble

Sounds like a software problem to me. That brightness I get when sometimes JO locks up when trying to connect to slow crappy servers (seems to be fixed in the new binaries), just run the game again, exit and it fixes it.

As for your other crashing or locking problems, it's probably Win 98SE. Win 98SE is a peice of crap. I would suggest Windows 2000 Professional. After downloading the Win 2K updates (service pack 2, etc) it's far faster than XP, more stable, more secure, and runs more programs (more compatible). If you can't afford that, Win XP Home is a good bet. It's about $100.

Before you buy a new OS, do more troubleshooting. That's just a hunch of mine, since I know Win 98SE/ME really sucks and often has many problems.

i dont bother upgrading drivers mainly coz when ur reformat u have reinstall em all again (which i can never be bothered to do) i use Geforce 2 with orginal drivers and what ive notice is that the sky is fine on high setting but if you drop the graphic option down to obdomise speed for MP the sky goes black ...... so you could try playing with your option ......

We could use some help and fix with direct support for last generation 3dfx cards. This is the first major release since I purchased my Falcon NW comp (voodoo 3 AGP) that doesn't include direct out of the box support. How hard would it be to issue an update/download to let us experience the game properly too?

I can play but I constantly have to tweak (move up and down) video settings and all cinematics don't work and are corrupted. Also the front end looks like, well, I'm sure you all know what it looks like.

Can there at least be announcement made as to whether or not a fix will be issued for us or do we need to go buy an nvidia card even though nvidia said they would continue to support 3dfx users (the industry standard a short 3 years ago).

Other publishers are still offering out of the box support - why doesn't this game?

There are as i have seen even problems with the 23.11 detonators. The game would not load at ALL until i turned of the "Anti-Alaiasing" for direct in the advanced drivers options from display properties.

After that the game runs wonderful!

just my to bits...

My brothers game crashes at random times throught a multiplayer game he has had the game for 3 weeks. he tries to play then when it crashes he gets very angry, i don't blame him. he and i both run a gforce 2 ti 450 but my works and his doesn't. the game just freezes with an annoting loop sound.

Originally posted by FimbulWinter

We could use some help and fix with direct support for last generation 3dfx cards. This is the first major release since I purchased my Falcon NW comp (voodoo 3 AGP) that doesn't include direct out of the box support. How hard would it be to issue an update/download to let us experience the game properly too?

I can play but I constantly have to tweak (move up and down) video settings and all cinematics don't work and are corrupted. Also the front end looks like, well, I'm sure you all know what it looks like.

Can there at least be announcement made as to whether or not a fix will be issued for us or do we need to go buy an nvidia card even though nvidia said they would continue to support 3dfx users (the industry standard a short 3 years ago).

Other publishers are still offering out of the box support - why doesn't this game?

Download and install WickedGL, read their boards about how to add new games to it. Use the Q3A settings, and you should do much better for FPS and problems. Up until a week ago my brother was playing on a Voodoo card, and did pretty decent.

Archived