Home

Attention All Those With Nvidia Cards!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i got a geforce 4 ti 4600 128mb and works perfect ...until i play mp the fps drop rapidly (depending on the amount of ppl on the server) , for ten ppl i get 10 fps , but for 1 other person i get it to 50-60 fps whats that about?

im running on max everything and its perfect in sp and other games, even sof ii mp its perfect with over 10 ppl on max settings.

my system is;

1.2 ghz athlon thunderbird

512 sdram

geforce 4 ti 4600 128mb

cable modem 512kbs

JK2 SP works like a charm, utterly great game. So naturally, having cable connection, I wanna try out the MP version of this.

Knowing that the world has come to version 1.03, I upgrade my JK2 game. Suddenly some of the flickering lights in the SP mode seem all f*cked up, but hey I can live with that and will look into that later (maybe fiddle around with the versions 1.02a/03).

But.... MP then. How does that work on my pIV/1.8 GHz machine with MSI MoBo, 512 MB of DIMMs and a PoV GeForce IV MX 440 then ?

Well, to be honest... NOT!!!!

I can regularly play for about 2.5 minutes and then it totally freezes my machine. It doesn't hang as much, coz if you wait long enough you can get the numlock light to go on and off when you've pressed it enough times. Not that I can get my system back tho. Have to hard reboot. Great, always like to do that.....

Okay, let's try a NoCD crack. Usually those crackers fix major problems when they're at it too. Well, the darkness is gone, and now even the brightness levels can be adjusted within the game instead of rocking my brightness button on the monitor. That's one win. Let's see how long this one takes to friggin crash...

Well, about 4 minutes to 20 minutes longer! Whoo! Keep going, developers! Good stuff this is!

Let's reinstall JK2 altogether, and already start fiddlin with the version then...

1.02a MP, OUT OF THE BOX!!! doesn't start at all, with a fresh install! I've never bothered with it before, coz I immediately played SP extensively. The q3a like console comes up and just before going to GL screen it simply goes away again. Disappears into nothing.

Hm, this is getting better and better everytime you start to look deeper into this gem of game programming...

oookaayyyy, let's update it again, but keep 1.02a copied as a safecatch...

MP ? No way same ****. Exactly the same **** as before.

ok, ok. So let's take on the excuse every one always uses, it's a software problem.

Right...

Let's redo the WinXP install then. No problem. Just have to reinstall about 5 GB's of software to get my system back up again for professional purposes, but hey, if that's what a game needs to run, why not try it, eh ?

After re-install, the 1.02a version of MP still does absolutely nothing and the 1.03 update still freezes up my system.

I'm using detonator 28.32. I've used 29.42 before the WinXP reinstall, so I tell, it's NOT the software.

On the other hand this system is brand new, as in not older than 4 weeks or so. Never had a problem before, except for GTA III, which really is a bad piece of porting, but hey that's somebody elses problem.

And I knew GTA III would be better on PS2, but this. I want to play JK2 on my PC, online, with my buddies. Sabering their heads off when I want too. That's the beauty of JK2 on the PC which is hooked on cable. Now I can't. I guess I'm pretty pissed off. It isn't even the friggin' 49 EUR I paid for this lousy NOT working game.

If it were 20 EUR no problem, coz I DO have half a game, right ?

Hm, maybe I'm being too blunt here as I read my own post.

But I'm not gonna change it. It is how I feel. And I hope some or most of the problems which are here in this thread are resolved soon, coz my opinion is that it's unheard of. Buying a game for a good amount of money, and not being able to play it properly. That's not a good thing.

So come on, Developers @ rage. I hope I haven't pissed YOU off also right about now, but just givin' you a bit of inspiration to get these problems out of this terrific game, which I still will enjoy playing SP ? I just REALLY want to be able to play it online too, you know......

Again, my apologies if I've been too aggressive...

• 2 weeks later...

excellent..i have new computer with geforce4 card so I doubt this will apply but my friends laptop it just might...she's not had luck at all running it..horrible response time she says on a PIII 700 so with any luck this will fix for her..

again thx mucho!!

lee

My bad if I spelled the name wrong, but anyway:

DO U HAVE V-sync off in Unreal Tournament?

Because you should turn it ON then.

My comp gets low framerates (30s-40s) most of the time, but putting on VSync makes the game move smoothly, and if you get a line affect when you move around fast, you should put it on--since VSync has something to do with that. (kind of a stuttering affect on walls) Most likely an affect of the computer trying to render the thing fast enough.

mine just got worse :(:eek:

i started my pc up as usual, started jkii up everything ok, got into mp game (creating my own) and everythings just....well.... bland i got no sharpness its as if the whole map has blended together .... its running on max everything (as it was before, when it worked perfect) the icons displaying ur shields and stance r not complete but r there, my saber is now more square than rounded at the end and im getting very p****d off :D

and it all started since i tried the jkii demo that wasnt in the full game.... it gets worse in mp the models seem to have no faces!!!???? but all other games except kingpin run perfect??

im running

xp home edition

1.2ghz athlon

512md sd-ram

geforce 4 ti 4600 128mb

5.1 sound card with upto date drivers and dx 8.1

mine just got worse :(:eek:

i started my pc up as usual, started jkii up everything ok, got into mp game (creating my own) and everythings just....well.... bland i got no sharpness its as if the whole map has blended together .... its running on max everything (as it was before, when it worked perfect) the icons displaying ur shields and stance r not complete but r there, my saber is now more square than rounded at the end and im getting very p****d off :D

and it all started since i tried the jkii demo that wasnt in the full game.... it gets worse in mp the models seem to have no faces!!!???? but all other games except kingpin run perfect??

im running

xp home edition

1.2ghz athlon

512md sd-ram

geforce 4 ti 4600 128mb

5.1 sound card with upto date drivers and dx 8.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived