Home

CL_ParsePacketEnties Plz help.

DigNity3

Hey i join a multiplayer game and it lets me play for a total of 2 mintues then it boots me back to main menu and i ge ta error saying "CL_ParsePacketEntiese" what does this mean and if there is anyone out there that can help plz Leave a blurb i really wanna play this game online PLZZZZZZZZZZZ HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

TY ALL:atat:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i guess this tech help herei s a joke i ask for help then get acussed of hacking THATS REALLY NICE i bought the friggen game i got no hacks or cracks on my computer i just came for help and this web site is a joke U ALL SUCK A DICK

Originally posted by DigNity3

Ok i guess this tech help herei s a joke i ask for help then get acussed of hacking THATS REALLY NICE i bought the friggen game i got no hacks or cracks on my computer i just came for help and this web site is a joke U ALL SUCK A DICK

Amazingly enough I would have expected someone with the name of Dignity to actually attempt to retain some of their namesake....alas I am mistaken.

Just an FYI, this is not an officiall support forum with active staff to answer questions. Anything you get here is by someone elses kindness and not because they owe it to you. Also I would like to state that your juvenile insults are laughable at best and show your lack of maturity. Grow up.

A very wise man once said, "It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

You need to remember that before throwing out U ALL SUCK A ____.

I for one still have the problem, and though I have gotten some information that may assist me, I would like more. Anyone else with anything constructive, please ignore DigNity3 and add any insight. Thank you.

Ok, you guys obviously dont know anything about the quake3 engine. Its not cause u dont have the retail game, thats just stupid. In quake3 the error is when u dont have updated network card drivers. But i have updated my drivers and it still don't work. Jedi Knight 2 is still a little buggy. Maybe i have to wait for next release.

Same problem here:

athlon 1.4

512 ram

radeon 8500

win2kpro

cable modem

netgear FA312 network card

SMC barricade router

Latest (stable) drivers, bios, and firmware for all.

Another odity which may or may not be related is that both the single and multiplayer like to kill my net connection (at the pc, not at the router or at the cable modem). It doesnt always happen but i would say 95% of the time, especially if i play for more than a few minutes (which doesnt EVER happen on MP, thanks cl_parsepacketerror)

See ya!

Temjin

Sigh... sorry about all the posts, just trying to provide as much info as possible on this thing so maybe we can get it fixed.

So get this sh!t....

I started my own server (not dedicated) with bots and I SITLL get the same stupid error. Sup with that? kinda eliminates the whole network problem. ARGH! WTF is going on here!

Still trying....

Temjin

We have to find something that everyone who is getting this problem has in common:

We know its not Graphics - I have Geforce, others have Radeon and others

Not Network - error occurs in bot games

What OS are you all using?

What soundcard(you never know)?

Any other information?

Yep this same **** happens to me and it sucks i hope it gets fixed soon. :mad::swear:

I dont think its anything to do with graphics or **** cause singleplayer runs fine.

I connect though an internal network to access the internet , could that be whats makin it have the errors ?

Why is the bot match screwing up also? :confused:

:lsduel:

I confirm. I updated my drivers just prior to playing tonight. I had one long, hopeful session, then on rebinding duck it packet errored, then started doing so within a minute of reconnect.

WinXP Pro

Ath 1.0

GF3

RealTek NIC

All that jazz.

Going through background programs now.

If it IS a problem with WinXP, DX 8.1 may be suspect? JK reqs 8.0, IIRC. At least, that is what the troubleshoot util says.

like i have just posted in the other thread about the same topic..maybe it occurs only to users with a cracked version or people using a copy with the no_cd crack? im using a copy with the no_cd crack for both MP and SP..SP runs good...MP bails out with the parsepacketentity kucka...

specs

WinXP

amd 1.47 xp1700+

Epox 8kha+ w/ on board sound :(

Geforece2 GTS

shared DSL through SMC barricade Router

umm..thats all folks...

i have no clue...

~Phorts...

PS. if it IS becuase of the cracked versions and copies...that might be why we are not receiving any help on this one?

OK disregard last post...lol..i obviously wasnt reading the forum...so yeah..and i am running winXP PRO...

i have been unable to get my computer out into the DMZ zone...unable for others to connect to my FTP server..all sorts of fun FireWall stuff..but i play CS just fine..and lots of other Online games...

weirdness....SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW WTF IS GOING ON?

I get the same CLParsepacket error as everyone else. The game exits the session randomly anywhere from 2-10 minutes into the game.

I get this crash error in BOTH single player and multiplayer. Single player as in the plot-line portion of the game (not a multiplayer session with bots).

My system:

Win98 SE (NOT WinXP)

Geforce III with detonator 21.83 drivers (thinking of upgrading to 28.32 drivers, but from what others say, sounds like this won't help)

512 mb ram

Pentium III 1 ghz

sblive value

Kenwood 72x TrueX Cdrom

The games runs smooth as silk at 1152x864 resolution wtih all details on except for simple shadows.

I am not using a cracked copy of JKII. My preordered copy arrived from EbWorld on Thursday and I play with the original cdrom in the drive - no hacks.

It seems to me that the crash occurred much less my first session. I went an hour without a crash. Now it seems much more frequent, occurring every 2-10 minutes. Not sure about this though.

I hope someone solves this. Its very irritating. Voyager and Quake III run perfectly on my system without crashing.

Just found this on a quake 2 site... i dont know if it will help here but its worth a shot... makes sense cos i get the same problem and run a Realtek network card..

When I start a server in Quake2 the other players all get CL_PARSE errors and are kicked out of the game.

Solution

Update/reinstall the drivers for your Realtek net card (or other network card).

Explanation

Windows 98 will overwrite the Realtek net card drivers, and possibly some others. if you have a Realtek card, newer drivers are available at: http://www.realtek.com.tw. Other examples or the CL_ errors: CL_ParseFrame:not playerinfo CL_ParseFrame:not packetentities CL_ParsePacketEntities:bad number:16393 CL_ParsePacketEntities:end of server CL_ParseServerMessage:Illegible message

Good information. However:

I don't think I have a realtek network card (will double check).

Also, I get the CL_parsepacketentities crash even in single player games where presumably the network should not be an issue.

I think it is a problem with the router... maybe we need to foward specific ports? Everyone who seems to have the problem is using a router. Even if you are using bots, i think the server still trys to use the ports and the router would interfere in that case.

I tried forwarding all ports to my private IP, no luck. Also tried DMZ host, and even bypassing the router by hooking dsl directly into my machine. No luck. Also ive noticed in spectator mode I can view the game as long as I want, but as soon as I join it craps out.

Another thing, I was monitoring the console before it crashed and it tries to open loads of UI menu files... might be important to someone who knows what they are... :)

WinXP Pro

Tbird 1Ghz

MSI KT7266a

512MB DDR

Gainward Geforce3 Ti200

SB Live 5:1

btw are these forums slow or is it me?

Archived