Home

CL_ParsePacketEnties Plz help.

DigNity3

I have the same problem, and two things pop up consistantly when people post there system specs. Sb Live, yeah there might be people with them that don't have problems, but maybe the driver version, or something like that. Also winxp a lot of people have, which is also very interesting. I know that in winxp they update the driver when ever you do a windows update, so is this the problem? There was somebody that said they had Win98, did you have the latest drivers? Just my 2 cents in this problem.

bEn

Just tried it on two other computers in the house, both with different configurations. The one had no sblive in it, with the same problem, while the other had Winme, and the same problem happened again. I have turned everything off in the video settings and stuff. All three computers have different net cards as well, mine is an intel, the other two are dlink(realtek chipsets though). I want to play multiplayer, ahhhhh!

Hope somebody figures it out.

bEn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok..i have been doing some pretty thorough research on this problem and have been utterly disappointed at the LACK of help there is out there...(no offense...but we are gamers...not game developers and tech support for JKII) i have managed to compile a short list of problems that we can pretty much eliminate....

1. OS - people have reported this problem with XP, 98 and 200pro. Most however are WinXP users.

2. Cracked vs. NO-CD vs. Retail Versions - Does not seem to matter.. at first i thought this was it..but..more people with retail are having the problems then anyone else...

3. GFX card - There every report that i have come across, people have been using different cards...

4. Connection - Ive seen it on Dial-up, Routers of diff brands, non-routers, firewalls (software + hardware) T1 lines. Besides...the problem occurs also with Bots....which the connection has nothing to do with...

5. Sound Card - It seems to me that this would have little or nothing to do with this disasterous thing.

so..i mean..wtf is it then? and why have we STILL not yet received help from Raven on this? there are hundreds of people that have Gotten or are waiting to get JKII and will be unable and completely dissappointed and possible upset that they cant play the Multi-Player...Has anyone written to Raven?

im just surprised that this problem has gone on for this long...its time this ends...

anyways..just my two bits..think of it as you wish..and if i finally DO find something..ill be sure to post it in this forum..and others...

Peace and Light Sabers

Just another Tid Bit

I get the same problem of my connection being "eaten" after playing the SP or "trying" to play the MP...i am using a SMC barricade router..as i have stated before i cant get my computer out to the DMZ and numerous other firewall problems...i know two other people with the Retail Version + the SMC barricade router ..one running XPpro and one on XPhome..no problems for them...

why me?

Well I am running windows xp pro, geforce 2 gts , amd xp1700.

I installed the game and played multiplayer with bots and had no problems at all, I played for abut a half an hour. I then thought that I would install the new no cd patch with single and multiplayer no cd support. I tried to join my friends game and I got that stupid CL_ParsePacket entities error.

I then uninstalled the whole game getting rid of the no cd patch and bammm I was playing steady all night. Not sure why people not using a no cd patch are having problems but that was what caused mine to go for a **** for sure.:jawa oooooooteeedeeee

i am using the no-cd crack as well... I have to use it tho since i have the hacked version... maybe if this turns out to be the real reason why it doesnt work i will hafta go out and buy it :D If you have this problem and are using a no-cd crack please post. I think this might be the reason...

Originally posted by bignateyk

i am using the no-cd crack as well... I have to use it tho since i have the hacked version... maybe if this turns out to be the real reason why it doesnt work i will hafta go out and buy it :D If you have this problem and are using a no-cd crack please post. I think this might be the reason...

Why don't you go BUY the game instead of ripping Raven and Activision off?

Geez, you steal from them and expect them and us to help you get your illegal copy working?

Lame seriously lame.

END OF LINE

Ok ya'll, i tried the No-CD SP/MP crack and w/out the crack, and that is exactly what it is.

So guys stop using THEM!, I know we all hate SafeDisc a.t.l. but u gotta do what u gotta do. If it comes down to it, burn an ISO of it and run Daemon Tools, that way u can keep the cd outta the cd-rom...

I'm guessing that JKII probably checks for the CD everyonce in awhile even while in-game so obviously thats Raven's/Lucasarts form of protection, so removing the safedisc protection makes the game crash because it cannot find that code in the .exe to search for the CD.

Anyway...just thought u outta know.

Originally posted by Dar

Why don't you go BUY the game instead of ripping Raven and Activision off?

Geez, you steal from them and expect them and us to help you get your illegal copy working?

Lame seriously lame.

END OF LINE

Dar some people don't wont the hassle of puting the CD in the CD-ROM when they want to play, so thats why they use No-CD cracks granted Warez users can do that too, however even Warez copies work online if they emulate the CD.

But you are right, they should not blame Raven/Lucasarts for the idiotic programming of the no-cd crackers.

Just my 2 cents

Oh I am not talking about you I am referring to bignateyk who proudly proclaims that he is using a warez version.

I myself hate putting cd's in to play but sometimes such is life, it is the fact that people like him steal(yes it is stealing)from great companies like Raven and Activision and then expect those companies to help them with their tech problems. That's what irks me, and then on top of it, they get mad when no help is given...go figure.

Hm, if that really is the problem, there isn't much room to complain about it, but a better error message should be used. Not a big deal for me, just a little annoying to swap discs all the time.

However, several people have this problem who claim that they are using the discs, so I think it goes a little beyond - perhaps a CD hardware error with certain drives not meeting the check?

Yeah, I have tried it on different computers, with different hardware and OS setups. Its not hardware though this problem. I got so fed up that I installed the game, this time deleting everything first, only to have my younger brother tell me what he did in my absence. I hide my retail discs you see, as he makes copies and gives them to all his friends, so he went out, got the crack and installed without me knowing(Stupid brother). When I redid the installation I ran into no problems in the game any more. I went and checked the other computers, as I just made copies of my directory and he had cracked the exe, so erase that, and use the cd and no problems. So the problem is with cracked versions, don't know why, but go out, buy the game if you really want to play. Hey, its the best protection that a game developer can put in a game probably!

Ben

ok....I bought 3 copies. 1 tin ( nice deal btw ) 2 regular copies. so everyone has a copy. problem is when my dad went to join my server he got this cl parse error. Is there a server setting that may cause the error. FOR INSTANCE THE PURE SERVER SETTING. I havent had time to test it myself. but thought maybe this is what is causing the error.

I'm using the same no_cd version on different systems:

working system:

-hp800 laptop

-winxp

-piii 700

bad system w/ CL_ParsePacketEntities error:

-ibm thinkpad t23

-win2000

-piii 1200

both tested with MP w/ bots

hmm. Not so sure if it's because of no_cd crack

hieule91

never mind. I was wrong, the hp laptop also died with the CL_ParsePacketEntities error. I was able to play a few minute longer than with the Ibm system.

Maybe the IS the NO_CD crack. Dang, I will have to uninstall and then re-install the retail version. Will let you guys know what I find out.

hieule91

Unfortunately this problem is NOT purely a no-cd problem. I get this problem in multiplayer even though I have never installed any hacks and play the game normally with the cd in the drive. I even get the CL_parsepackets crash in the single player portion of the game.

It may be that Jedi Knight II periodically checks for a cd in the drive and kicks you out to the main menu if you don't have one. Maybe there protection system is unable to properly identify cds in certain brands of drives.

If you are NOT using no-cd hack and you STILL get this problem, what is your cd-drive (make and model)?

I have a Kenwood 72x Truex cd-rom drive (playing in unpatched retail version of Win98se with Directx 8.1 installed)

Hey Canusa, is your win98SE fully updated?

Also do you have the latest firmware for your CD-Rom installed?

The Kenwood 72x does have a firmware update avaliable.

Kenwood

See if updating your 98SE and your Kenwood CD-Rom firmware helps.

I get the exact error. But it's because I'm using the no cd crack.

My brother is the one who bought this the first day it came out. He has the cd and it works great on his comp, so it leads me to supspect what the same thing that someone else mentioned. That in multiplayer, it periodically checks if you have the cd and if you don't, then it will exit to the main menu.

The problem is that this SUCKS. Why the hell do I have to go out and buy a second copy of the game for the same damn household. I understand that there are nuckleheads that copy this game, but it's still total BS that I have to consider the possibility that if I can't successfully burn a backup copy of the game to use on my comp, then I'll have to buy another version for my computer.

Doesn't anyone else on here think it's ridiculous to buy multiple copies of the game in the same damn household?!

umm my firned who is good with this stuff said its a rendering problem i changed my video options alot and some times it conked out fsat some times i played for 20min b4 i dropped me so go figure im not sayin it is im sayin it might be a video problem

u might say that we have diff video cards but i also tried it on my firends geforce 2 64MGRAM and it did da same thing as my TNT2 M64

Archived