Home

CL_ParsePacketEnties Plz help.

DigNity3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I bought the game. Went to my office to check for any patches/updates and found none. I downloaded a NO CD Crack and burned it to a cd and went home. Installed JKII and applied the cracks for both SP and MP. I played the SP for hours with no trouble. I tried to play MP against bots and got the infamous error everyone seems to be getting. I am using the No CD crack, I bought the game ($60 ****ing bucks) so don't jump my sh!t, I just hate using CDs cuz if I scratch it then I'm screwed.

WinMe (haven't seen this posted yet)

AMD 1.33GHz

512 DDR

64MB GeForce3

SoundBlaster Live!5.1

At the time of this reply this post has been viewed over 1000 times! I don't think this is a small problem that is only happening to a handful of people. SOMETHING is obviously wrong. If it is simply the No CD crack causing the trouble then we will all have to deal with it. But there are people posting that it is happening on their system with absolutely no crack/hack installed.

I think we might need to ***** about this a little more loudly and get a real answer from Raven/Activision or whoever we need to. I at least think we deserve to know what the real story is. I find it hard to believe that a CL_parsepacketentities error is caused by using a No CD crack.

I have RtCW also that I have successfully played the single player campaign from start to finish with a No CD Crack and I play MultiPlayer games with no problems either.

bl00k

Originally posted by jaseuk

problem solved..

it is the no cd crack.

try downloading the new no cd crack 2

from gamecopyworld.

it fixed the problem for me.

ive been playing on jk2 non stop for an hour now,

and no problems at all

it didnt work for me. did you use the ASE or other game finding program, or did u use the in game browser?

Well the NO_CD crack didn't do a thing for me.

My only goal is to get the game running properly. I do not wish to use cracks and prefer to have the cd in the drive.

Unfortunately, the CL_parsepackets error ends my sessions in both single ande multiplayer anywhere fromd 2-10 minutes into the game.

I've tried the following things:

I've updated my video drivers (geforce III now with 28.32 drivers) - no effect

I updated my cd drive firmware - no effect

Someone on this board said that using an updated NO_CD crack solved the CL_parsepackets error. I was willing to try anything to try to solve this problem, so I downloaded this. Sure enough, it allows me to run the game without the cd in the drive -- BUT it HAS NO EFFECT AT ALL on the occurrence of the CL_parsepackets error.

I really wish Raven would solve this. The game is almost unplayable like this. I don't have this problem with any other Quake III engine games.

I have this problem on my dual boot win 98 and win xp pro

I have tried it with and without cd cracks i have tryed it with my cd and a friends.

What i have noticed though is that the only people with problems are the AMD cpu owners ?!? Never seen a single Intel System having this problem and have been to a fair few forums so far...

Anyways RAVEN hurry up and bring out a patch!!

:jawaMaSTeR|DeAtH :jawa

I reverted back to the original .exe and it seemed to work fine. I guess there are still people having trouble even without using a no cd crack so I think the problem is still there. I did email LucasArts tech support and gave them a link to this thread. Hopefully they will do something about it or at least pass it on to the right people.:deathii:

I purchased both the collectors edition and the regular version and after a clean install (with no cracks) on Windows XP Home edition I not only receive this error but several other errors related to the games network code such as "Illegible Server Message" and about 3 other ones I forgot to write down. Funny thing I noticed after about 40 attempts to play online was if I start a server (bots or no bots) and just sat there doing nothing, the game does not dump me back to the menu. But THE SECOND I send any input via keyboard or mouse, I crash back to the in-game menu. Now if this is due to the game randomly checking for a CD why can I sit there for 2 hours, but the second I send a command to the server I get dumped? One other thing I noticed was on one attempt right after I started the server I received the "connection interrupted" sign with the little modem disconnected icon in the bottom right hand corner. What makes this relevant is, after about 15 seconds it went away and for the first time I was able to play on my server with bots for as long as I wanted to. I won't deny that there are plenty of people with warez copies but I really believe this problem is related to the games network code and has nothing to do with CD checks.

BTW great site, best one I've found so far.

I saw a post above that indicated the person had not seen the problem except with Athlons.

I have a 2ghz P4, and 512mb RAM.

I also have not applied anything to the game, and installed using the AUTO option.

I am using WIN XP home edition.

I hope this helps anyone who is looking at the problem

Just fixed it .. i was running Retail with the cd (i.e no no-cd patch) To fix it i installed a cd patch then rean setup which skipped installing all files except fo the exe's which it overwrote now it works fine

Let me get this straight:

You were not using the nocd patch, but applying the nocd patch fixed your errors?

Assuming I got that right, where did you get the patch, and has anyone else (who did not hack their game before) succesfully fixed it in this way?

thanks

I have a retail version, have NOT cracked it in any way and am getting the same error. The hell of it is, it seems to only happen on SOME servers and not others. I also noticed that it seems to only happen when you encounter another player or players.

I'm running a P IIII 1.2, Santa Cruz Sound, 256 ram, Linksys Router, bla bla bla.

This is NOT just happening to people with unregistered versions.

OK folks, I may have something:

Of all of you that are getting this error, how many of you chose "custom install" instead of letting it install to the directory of it's choice? If you had the game install to a directory other than the preset, this could be the problem. Try reinstalling automattic style and report back. (I hope this works)

:cool:

I installed the game at home on my machine. I installed NO CRACKS AT ALL there, and it worked fine. I take it here to the office and install it and install the NO CD CRACK and I get the errors. Now, it only gives me the "parse" error when I input something in the game. I can sit still all day long and not get kicked. As far as those of you NOT using any cracks and still getting the error. It MIGHT be due to a bad cd...just a thought. I figure the game is doing cd checks and you've got a bad cd. Try installing it on a different system and don't use any cracks...

just my 2cents...:)

• 1 year later...

Archived