Home

I finished the game but I couldnt cut any limbs of my oppenents

Sont-ar

If anyone that plays the game can help me I ll be very grateful.I played and finished the game but i couldnt cut any limbs of my enemies.I played the whole game with lightsaber, and raven guys told us about cutting limbs in previous interviews.Why the hell cant I cut 'em? :(

Yeah, when german language is selected you have several problems enabling dismemberment.

Have a look at http://www.maddes.net/temp/ where I have created an easy to use config file without replacing your jk2config.cfg, and a new setup menu so you can easily access the dismemberment options within the setup menu.

Read the text file and dismember.cfg.

Warning! The new setup menu may cause problems with pure servers on the net, haven't tested yet. It only changes to textfiles for SP: setup.menu and ingame_setup.menu

Good luck

Maddes from Germany

Hey, thanks for that, that would have helped a lot if it worked, but it didn't.

Why? I don't know why, it just doesn't work.

It seems whatever I am gonna change, wheater it is g_saberrealisticcombat g_dismemberment helpusobi or any other variable, nothing has any effect at all to the lightsaber. I tried your solution as well as this mutiliate mod and a whole ton of other stuff. But nothing, realy nothing can turn on Dismemberment for me. Nothing at all.

Waaaaaaa, I gonna return my JK II if I can't get this to work.

Aw man, you have to have dismemberment on, like the full type that g_saberrealisticcombat provides. It makes the game a ton better. I can run through a group of stormtroopers cutting off arms, heads, legs - some get cut in two, and after I've run through the group and I'm standing on the other side, I can still hear the loose pieces still hitting the ground. It's grusome but in a really really good satisfying way. Hard to describe.

I wonder if you can just copy some files between versions to turn this back on. Or how would they remove this completely?

I don't know how they would completely turn that off. Anyway, it's not the only thing strange. Is it me, or are there realy no other dynamic lights then the spot of your lightsaber. What about some kind of bumbmapping I see on most screenshots, is it just an effect caused by good textures or is there realy a rudimentary bumbmapping around. What about reflections, has anybody some nice chrome effects or reflections?

And I am very pissed of about this "I can not turn dismemberment on". Geeze, I played the game trought thinking it's in this way for everyone. Man I am mad now. I wish I had looked into this forums earlier, then I would have returned my copy instantly.

No, the dynamic lights are sadly missing. However, with some of the frame rate problems people are talking about it may not be a bad thing.

Now the dismemberment thing ... give it time and someone will likely find a way around it. Or maybe you could. Go to a mod forum and start posting questions.

After ensuring that Dismemberment was turned on in the config menus, I was able to cut off hands, arms (whole or part) and legs. This has happened quite frequently throughout the game, so I'm not sure why some people are experiencing problems. That is without using any cheats or patches.

I have noticed that arms/hands get sliced more often if you...

1. Use Saber Throw.

2. Chop downwards or use a diagonal slice to the left or right side of an enemy

3. Walk up to the enemy and just waggle your saber up and down a bit by the shoulder. (Mind Trick them first to cut down their reaction time)

I only cut a leg off once...using a low swinging cut - your opponent usually tumbles/trips forward when this happens.

Of course, enabling realistic saber combat via the console is also very nice. :D

I have typed in the console:

g_dismemberment 5

Since I upped the value I have a ridiculous amount of pieces falling to the ground, although I like it when your enemies look at thier chopped off hand before you rush in to lop off thier head.

It sounds sick, but what great fun!

Download the small updated(!) 16Kb file from http://www.maddes.net/temp/ it contains an easy to use config file, which also explains why and how you get dismemberment with ease, but you still have to press a key after each game start or load.

Please read the config file before using, otherwise you won't know what you do and still have to do. The "advantage" is that no original files are changed/patched/modified.

Maddes

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

A friend of mine couldn't get dismemberment to work on his pc.

I visited him, made sure he had an original of the game (another typical cause for problems) and used my pk3 and config files correctly, but no dismemberment at all, although realistic combat was enabled.

The only difference is that he runs it under WinXP german on an NTFS partition and I run Win98SE with FAT32.

He will try JK2 on a WinME partition tomorrow...

Later

Maddes

Just wondering... if you enable model dismemberment, but leave all values at default, are you only able to chop off hands and arms ? The VERY first time I ran into a dark trooper, I cut him in half at the waist. That was the first and last time, too. Guess I'll have to mess about with dismemberment values.

My "WinXP" friend INSTALLED the game on his WinME partition and then the scripts worked for him.

As the other one had problems with WinME I assume that the re-installation solved this problem.

So backup your save game folder and flush the rest of you JK2 dir from your HD by de-installing and do a new installation.

Please post your experiences in this thread (you can bookmark it).

Maddes

Maddes

Is your download just for the German version? I get an occasional dismemberment, but nothing big (a hand or arm). Is there a way to get increased dismemberment in the English version?

By setting the dismemberment to 5 it is supposed to help. Do I just type that into the console?

Thanks

It's meant for the european version (english, francais, deutsch), just give it a try and make sure you READ the readme AND the config files.

To de-install you can just delete the three files again.

It should also work with the U.S. version as I assume that there is no US-only version. Does somebody know?

I could also change the new Specials menu, so you can set g_dismemberment to any value you want.

Still have to test if 5 gives you more limbs than the typical 3. Also you have to see it in conjunction with g_dismemberProbabilities.

Maddes

Archived