Home

Kyle's Blue Lightsaber... *SPOILERS*

Zek

Has anyone figured out yet why Kyle has a blue lightsaber now? From what Luke said, he just hid the one Kyle gave him(Yun's yellow/orange one) in that temple for Kyle to retrieve. Did it mysteriously change colors during it's stay at the Academy? Did Luke lose the original and put a new one down for Kyle to get? Or did Kyle somehow come across a blue lightsaber earlier that he later gave to Luke?

Being the huge geek that I am, that question has been tormenting me to no end. I don't recall any instance of Kyle losing that golden saber in MOTS, so his having a blue one now confounds me. Luke must've just given him a different saber, probably pawned off the yellow one for more of his precious power converters, the whiny *******.

[Edit - Stormy - your friendly neighbourhood censor-bot :) ]

sakuragi kyle got his fathers lightsabre in jk1 (green) which was destroyed by boc so he took yun's sabre (gold-orange) which he used thru the boc/sariss/jerec fights then all through mysteries of the sith - why he has a blue one now is anyones guess

Kyle's dad wasn't a Jedi, was he? I don't remember anything about that. The green lightsaber was from his friend, Rahn(or something, the one from the intro who cut Maw in half).

Actually, Kyle should theoretically be using a red lightsaber now... He apparently got rid of Yun's saber when he turned dark at the end of MotS and somehow got his hands on a red one. It would make sense that he wouldn't have wanted to keep that one, thus supporting the idea that he built a blue one after that game... Though it seems to me he probably gave up the Force because of the incident at the temple, thus probably not giving him enough time to build another one.

So confusing...

Supposedly Kyle didn't give up the force right away. After MotS, he trained with Luke for awhile. Its later that he decided to give up the force. It's likely that during his training at the Academy, after MotS, he built a new lightsaber or replaced the crystal.

That's what I've thought since we first new Kyle's saber was going to be Blue, so it hasn't bothered me. It makes sense.

Ok I saw this thread and registered this name just to post a reply, let's just say I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks about things like this.

I was under the impression that JK2 took place BEFORE MOTS, but i could be completely wrong. But for the record unless my memory has left me, kyle has an orange lightsaber in MOTS and a yellow lightsaber at the JK1. They look pretty similar but i'm pretty sure one is orange and the other is yellow.

Also concerning why he switched to the blue lightsaber, I remeber reading something on the SW: Galaxies website about Jedi preforming better with lightsabers they make themselves so maybe Klye decided that he might as well make his own lightsaber then using a hand me down.

Though I do agree with you, the yellow saber looks cooler, just watch the multiplayer demo that comes with the game, the guy is playing kyle with a yellow lightsaber.

Anyway to change your saber color in singleplayer?

Now I'm not quite sure about this, as my star wars knowledge is not too great. But I thought that the colour of a light saber was dependant on the type of energy crystal that was used in side of it. Is it possible that this was damged or perhaps has a life span and would therefore need replacing, and that it was simply replaced by one of a different type/colour.

Please correct me if I am wrong, and yes I'm from the UK so its colour no color.

Oh wait just reading through the posts and someone has already mentioned a crystal, I'll post this anyway as I went to the trouble of writing it.

http://www.starwars.com

dont you people no anything ? the crystals that make the beam change there power when they get weaker. meaning a saber goes from red/orange/blue. it is supposed to be that when i some1 becomes a jedi they dont no how to use the saber that well. there mind isnt tweaked aswell as it is when they get older. the red saber is for slow minded people that need a big amount of power but dont need much speed. it then carries on to the orange and therefor it is blue when they reach the true jedi power. the blue saber is for people with quick fingered and brilliantly wired minds.

to be a true Jedi you need a blue saber

(that is my theory its kinda convincing so can we just let it lie lol)

damn jedi-redemption that was a cool theory, you had me enthralled in it, till I read your last line dammit :)

I'm not the biggest SW fan, but what colours have various jedis used throughout the ages, and what has their alignment been?

Archived