Home

Is Force Pull Broken in MP?

H-street

Is force pull broken?

i can only seem to pull the person and never the weapon out of their hands..

PLEASE don't tell me they changed it.. That was one of the pinnacle balancers of JK1.. the biggest gun doesn't win.. because it can always be pulled form you.

or am i just doing someting wrong.. i read the manual and i'm still unclear.

Any help would be appreciated..

--EDIT--

hehe thanks.. been playing so much they are all mixed up in my mind

I think that's just the way it is for multiplayer. I think the logic is that if you have the force and someone tried to pull your weapon from you, you'd use the force to keep them from doing so. I can see the advantages and disadvantages. In a saber battle it is irrelevant (because you can't pull somebody's saber from them).

The counter for force pull in JK1 was force absorb though..

if you had force absorb on they couldn't pull your weapon ( had to be high enough).

the nice thing about it ESPECIALLY in multiplayer is that just because someone gets the rocket launcher or what not ( inJK1 it was the concussion and railgun) you could always disarm them..

meaning that no ONE person is ever stronger ( if the opponent has pull) in fire power than the other.

It was such a nice balancing element that i am just astounded that it is this way in Multiplayer JO

btw does anyone know why even though i edited the title it doesn't show up on the main forum page as changed?

Yeah i know absorb was the counter to force pull in JK1. However, you were never able to pull somebody's lightsaber from them. So if you're a jedi, why would somebody be able to pull your gun from your hand but not your saber? Just a thought. Not saying the new system is better than JK1, but it may be a reason why they made it this way.

Testing...

ok so i loaded up a game with just bots.. and i maxed out my Force Pull..

1 out of 10 times that i force pulled did the weapon drop..

this is horrible. it should be the other way around 1 out of 10 times you pull the person ( at it would seem more difficult to actually pull the person than the weapon)..

definately bummed about this. Other than this part JO is very well done. I'm just disappointed that Pull was changed to this. ( have we seen pull in the movies actually pull people? only pull i recall are objects)

It's very possable people have already thought of this...

But when your using force pull, where is the crosshair?

I'm at work so I can't try this myself, and lastnight all I really did was play with the saber...

But it would seem to me that where your aiming at, might make a differance. If for example the crosshair was centered on the target, or at their foot/head/whatever you pull them. But if the crosshair was on the weapon, then it might pull the weapon instead of them.

::shrug::

I'll try it myself when I have a chance, but I thought I might as well mention it here and let others try it for themselfs.

You guys must not be playing with the right people or servers. It works fine for me and the other people on the ctf server I was playing yesterday. I assume that you guys are out of practice or not targetign the weapon but the person when you are trying to pull the weapon. Oh well sorry that you can't get Force Pull to work.

Yeah, being able to yank blasters with ease was a special joy from JK1. I'd like to see a similar setup in the second one so you don't get people running around a lightsaber fight with a rocket launcher with impunity.

You actually have to target the weapon?

hmmm.. ok i never even thought of that.... i guess that is one that that JK1 has over JO.. when using force powers it is very obvious ( reticle) on who and what you are affecting..

i'll go try that.. if that is all it is then boy howdy lookout

hehehe :-)

on a side note... what happened to force blind? i loved that force

Archived