When posting to this thread, classify your post as either a:

1. Bug

2. Enhancement

BUG

Here's the scoop:

1. If I start up my computer.

2. Start JKII.

3. Go into multiplay.

4. Create a server with some bots in it.

5. Try to move around with the joystick.

Then the game does not recognize my joystick (spare me the mouse/keyboard lecture).

However, if I:

1. Start up my computer.

2. Start JKII.

3. Go into singleplay.

4. Load up a saved game.

5. Move around a little bit with my stick, which works fine in SP.

6. Exit JKII.

7. Restart JKII.

8. Go into the MP game.

9. Create a server with some bots in it.

10. Try to move around with the joystick.

Then the game recognizes my joystick, with the following caveat:

The "X & Y Axis as Buttons" settings are ignored, and all inputs are button-like...meaning digital (all-on or all-off), rendering the joystick imprecise as a controller.

Setting "X & Y Axis as Buttons" to "Off" works in SP, but is ignored in "MP".

What needs to be patched is:

1. The multiplayer game needs to recognize the joystick controller, without the user having to first start up the singleplayer game.

2. The multiplayer game needs to recognize the "X & Y Axis as Buttons" settings so that "analog" joystick inputs are supported.

Thanks, Raven!

P.S. My Controllers are:

CH FighterStick USB (combined as a control manager device)

CH ProThrottle USB (combined as a control manager device)

CH ProPedals USB (combined as a control manager device)

Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 USB (combined as a control manager device)

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enhancements:

1. Finish up the MP Dismemberment option

2. Add Taunt to the keyboard configs in the menus

3. Make Timedemo option not cheat protected

4. In the ingame server listings, add a Password category or a lock next to passworded servers

5. Throw in some new maps and skins

Enhancement:

Make a map with a working carbonite chamber. Just like in Dark Forces 2. Especially the part where you could pull the lever with Force Pull. That's the reason I bought this game. To freeze my friends, then chop them into little bits.

Enhancement:

Put the light back into lightsaber. Make them actually light up rooms and such. Just like in JK1.

Ehancement:

Make lightsaber color an RGB code configurable thing. So you can have millions of different shades, rather than the six pre-designed ones.

make it possible to use 3rd party skins/models online, without the server needing to host said skins/models.

currently if you use a 3rd party skin it reverts back to the default skin when playing online ...excluding making a skin over the original thus removing it.

(IE Reborn skins edited to look like Darth Maul)

not good.

enhancement:

Tone down force drain in multiplayer, especially duel mode. I've been playing a while now and I've seen people winning 20-0 using a combination of force drain techniques. Usually using force drain/force lighting and killing somebody without even using a sabre or force drain/force push and then hitting someone when he/she is on the floor.

Basically there is no good defense against it. I've tried using force absorb but that saps my force almost as fast as force drain. I like being able to choose to fight on light or dark side, but in my opinion the dark side is stronger for now.

And for people who prefer the dark side, you might want to try toning down force heal a bit, just to be fair.

*SPOILER*

New bug I've come across while battling Tavon (sp?), when I get into a saber lock with her, sometimes we'll break, however the sparks from the lock will persist for a short time longer and Kyle will be stuck in the lock animation until you swap weapons. Seems to occur randomly, not exactly sure what causes it.

Bug:

Improved texture managment for Voodoo V5500s. On high texture settings a load takes 40 seconds, but a quickload will then take 10 minutes (when this happens the load menu and sound stutters).

Also some of the ingame animations (attack and destruction of Doomgiver, initial loading intro anim, leaving Bespin) do not play on V5500, just a blank screen and the sound.

patch enhancement:

multi is where your replayability come into focus multi should not suffer from less animations and/or features,with that said

1. lightsaber animations just like in the sp game simple just please add it.

2.i need music other than star wars to play too

3.add a passworded server icon this gets real old "oh heres a server,crap its passworded"

4.dark/light force powers need to be balanced,dark is abviously more powerful/easier to master.

raven if you read this,real good work this game is awesome and captures the star wars universe.i cant believe how good it is on suck a short developement time comparably.i will purchase this game as i did elite force and sof.thx for your effort

dude with joystick problems i use a joystick too and have no problems.ms forced feedback sidewinder 2 i would like to thank raven for supporting it from the start.

before anyone says ewww i am a starter in the #1 ranked q3 ra3 clan so yes you can use a joystick for fps.if you dont think so look me up

Max

I got this idea from the JediKnightII.net logo at the top of the forum pages. Imagine in a game you could have your OWN personal design to mark stuff with. Just like in Half-Life you had a spraypaint image, imagine how cool it would be if you could make a design that the game could recognise as lines. Then when you hit a button your player would use his lightsaber to make the design on the wall! Just like Zorro! LOL It would be so cool I think. The only hard part would be programming the lighsaber to follow the "lines" in your design. Maybe if we made a "default" animation for the logo and made it real fast you wouldn't notice it.

What does everyone else think? Could this be possible? Maybe a MOD?

UsEr-X-:fett:

Bug Fix

This is minor: I noticed that sometimes the intro movies play without the music. It might be just my PC but has anyone else noticed this?

Enhancements

Please, Please, PLEASE enable 1st person perspective w/the lightsabre in multiplayer. This option appears to be missing.

Raven, please fix the weapons damage problem! Its extremely annoying when a stormtrooper or officer runs right up to you and you shoot him right in the chest but no damage happens. This might be a collision detection problem or something. Also the bowcaster has a bug when you're shooting someone at long range and they just go "ugh ugh" and they don't die. Very frustrating considering the small amount of ammo that's available in the early levels.

Enhancement:

More Skins, Or the ability to use 3rd party skins even if the server doesn't have the skin. Or something along those lines just to bring more variety to the game. Just please allow us more choices with these(I miss my Dark Kyle skin).

Enhancement:

Balance the force powers abit more Lightning personally is too damaging for the spread it has, maybe make it decrease in damage to a single person the more people it hits.(tired of the run up and lightning 8 people and get 5 kills due to lightning)

Enhancement:

Limit level of forces if your holding a gun, I mean really do we need a Max Absorb/Push/Jump Fletchette toating secondary firing cowboy in every game? Maybe set it so if a force is set to level 3 it is moved down to level 2 when a gun is equipped it doesn't cripple the person but it doesn't overpower them either. Just my thoughts.

Raven: I just want to say this game has to be one of the best games I have every played, You did an amazing job with everything even with my little negativity to lack of skins/force balancing I still think this will definately be around and popular for a very long time, Keep up the good work and let's see some patches =)

Originally posted by Moleculor

Enhancement:

Make lightsaber color an RGB code configurable thing. So you can have millions of different shades, rather than the six pre-designed ones.

Now that would be cool, evry one could have their own individual saber color.

Enhancment :

More CTF maps, when i 1st looked at the mp options and saw only 4 ctf maps. i was very disapointed, the 4 that are there are of top quality and well map, but 6 would be a better variety, people get board quite quickly of the same maps over and over again.

Enhancment :

All starwars type skins, this is multplayer, we don't have to stick to timeline parameters, jarjar, qui-gon, obi-wan etc would all be excellent skins for MP and should be included.

Krak3n

Enhancments:

1. more official MP maps, just random things starwars based, nothing specific to movies or anything, be original.

2. Differant animations for some of the existing player models, its annoying to loadup Reelo in MP ad have my arms stuck in my fat, also on a note, remove the repair kit from the Ugnauts hand.

3. work on saber clashes in MP its good, but they just don't bounce right when they connect.

4. make screenshot and taunt keys bindable in the menu's they are nice to have, and i've seen at least 1 post a day asking for their bindings.

5. make Dueling music play in the Duel mode of play, it would just seem more appropiate no?

6.Have a little fun, add something random, a skin, new model, a few easter eggs to find.

7. Balance force powers and weapons in MP a bit more, its just a little nutty in there.

8. make the Bowcaster more powerful or something, its a potentially useless weapon only feasable in extremely few situations where accuracy is needed, and thats short lived when u get the disruptor rifle

9. if you make a Expansion, add a few extras like a jedi duel between luke and Vader, or DoTF style thing. or just have a few remade levels from the other Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, like Red Storm did with Rogue Spears expansion having remakes of R6 levels in it. just to satisfy peoples nostalgia or whatever they call that.

Edit:

10. make differant sounds for some of the MP characters. Reelo, The ShadowTrooper, and the ugnaught, as well as a couple others use Admiral Fyyar's sounds

11. Gameplay mode like Assimilation from EF (actually from Quake 2 :p ) where you play as a light or dark side and get "pulled" into the enemies side.

12. make droids fall down or something like in JK1, its just dumb how they blow up, and one of the things enjoyable of JK1 was watching a Gonk flop forward and fall off Nar Shadda :p

13. an expansion is in order! :)

Bugs:

1. that issue with the NPC's comming up and taking no damage when shot.

2. Saber is unable to block turret fire, Kyle lifts his saber in defense but gets mauled by the turret fire. either fix his anims or ,make it possable to block.

3. Fix it so when u create a server in FFA after flipping through other modes, or playing in Duel mode it doesn't reset the kill limit to 1

4. Remove or make it optional with the AutoAim in SP, it IS there and its annoying.

one final Enhancment:

Never change, you guys are the best out there! you listen to players and interact with us. most companies ignore, or take the info and leave us hanging completely unanswered. had this game been made by any other company i wouldn't have baught it, LA is getting greedy, and as i said, most others have become very unreliable in the terms of customer interaction, and satisfaction.

Originally posted by Moleculor

Enhancement:

Enhancement:

Put the light back into lightsaber. Make them actually light up rooms and such. Just like in JK1.

Definitely. It's too strange for the saber to give off no light whatsoever.

My requests (basically SP stuff put into MP as an option):

1. First Person Lightsaber camera option in multiplayer (with non-auto-aiming crosshair?).

2. Ability to change crosshair (at least three crosshairs to choose would be nice).

3. Character Idling animations option (like with single player...).

The ones in the first Jedi Knight were funny (lightsaber shaving), but just something rather than standing stock still would be nice, with any weapon.

4. Purple Lightsaber (we have a pink one, purple is the other classic color we're missing).

5. Fists/Stun Baton option in MP. Every player would start with the ability to use them, and it would be weak, but fun, and stealthy.

6. Demo recording/playback in Single Player. Is this possible? A lot of cool things happen in SP that would be worth recording and playing back (the slow motion option is nice, but it just isn't the same since it chooses the events that get played and only once).

7. Dismemberment in Multiplayer. I know this is currently allowable through a cheat, but I was thinking if it could be "Fixed" so it wouldn't crash the game, it should be put in as a toggleable option. If the severed limbs could vanish after a short time, perhaps it would work?

8. Autoaim toggle off in Single Player. A lot of people have complained to me about how it's "difficult to aim" in SP, and on the Raven support page we have the solution (toggle to normal crosshair option). If this were an on/off switch in the menu's it would save time, since a lot of people would use it.

As to the lightsaber glow, I would have preferred the option to have a simple white glow around the person intead of a big colored one (so it would be more like the classic movies) but it's not a big deal.

Well, those are my requests. ; )

I would scream "more professional maps/player models!" but I figure those can wait until an official Expansion is released.

Enhancement:

The ability to bind the same letter to light and dark force powers in MP for those who are never going to use both at the same time and would like to switch with familiar controls.

Enhancement:

I really don't see something to symbolize a passworded server in the browser. Perhaps it could be added or made easier to see.

-DarkEra

Bug fix:

Grabbed the dark force charge and fell off a ledge, dying immediately. Respawned with all dark force powers.

Enhancements:

Tweak MP saber fighting to the SP style.

Add force-interactive items in the MP levels. Boxes to push at people, levers to pull, stuff to chop down with sabers and crush people, that kind of thing.

Enhancements:

The lightsaber should be a light source.

Yeah it can create a drain on system resources, but you can always make it a toggable option.

toggable? if that's really a word

I'd love to see an expansion that would involve larger scale Jedi battles. Maybe have Luke and his new wife Mara team with Kyle for some reason. They don't really need to be playable, just have them fight alongside Klye like in JK2.

2. Enhancement.

3. work on saber clashes in MP its good, but they just don't bounce right when they connect.

Here's another vote for this one. This game would be ridiculously fun if Raven can tweak this.

Or at least something like a server side configurable variable or something to adjust/enable/allow saber clashes would be perfect.

Guest Syclonix

First of all I think its great that we have this forum and that the Raven guys are so supportive (stick to this and you may evn become the next valve). Anyways thanks for listening to our input and I hope you will take these ideas into consideration.

Enhancement:

Again MP dueling needs work. (Not to mention again dueling more similar to the SP experience) There needs to be some sort of conformation that a strike from the saber has landed on the player. Perhaps a louder cry and more sparks and smoke.

Option for slow-mo deaths in MP dueling--minor thing but would be cool.

Force grip needs some work, its harder in MP to be able to grip the player so maybe the crosshair could be a little more visual like in JK1 with the circles around the throat. I haven't really tried it out yet but is it possible to smash players against the walls and create damage while in the air? If not that would also be nice.

Everything else seems to have already been said, so thanks again for listening Raven.

I would really like to see the option to remove specific force powers... especially in Duel mode. Disabling force is fun, but i would to disable only dark and light powers and keep push/pull/jump and the saber skills/throw. As of now it seems this isnt possible.

Archived