Home

Patch Thread

Vagabond

BUG

1. Try to search for player names with color in their names, the search comes out negative each time.

2. Also, querying "FFA" .. If I'm trying to find a Free for All battle the game includes capture the flag, duel, etc games as well. How about if I just wanted a Free for All alone?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bug (maybe)

I think that some of the guns are too powerful in MP. If you just randomly shoot the stormtrooper rifle with secondary fire into a group of people with sabers, you will get about 3 kills at least. It might be a blocking issue though. In SP I seemed to be able to block everything with my saber, now im MP I can't block anything.

Everything else is pretty good. Tone down lightning a little bit.

Originally posted by CyrusWolf

Bug Fix

This is minor: I noticed that sometimes the intro movies play without the music. It might be just my PC but has anyone else noticed this?

This has also happened to me, a lot of times.

BUG

Umm this is a MAJOR MP bug that I'm very surprised nobody has mentioned yet.

We play with cheats enabled, which may be part of the problem. But what happens is many times the controls get stuck and your character can't do anything until someone hits him. It's happened to all of us at various times, in various games, so I can't imagine it being an isolated problem. It's very irritating though :(

One of the things that routinely seems to cause it is doing that upward slash from a crouching position with your light saber.

This request is in regard to the canyon level where you have to keep the prisoners alive, fight off the AT-ST, kill the ION cannons, and let Jan land her ship. I can't remember the mapname, but I remeber what the map was like.

See here is my problem.. the FPS on that map seems to be really horrible. Yes, I know that it is outside and the Q3A engine hates outside maps but my issue is the game's FPS drops to like 5-10 fps when those stormtroopers fire at you. All the other maps work fine (inside and out) but this was the map that gave me problems.

What I feel is something that may help the game out is to maybe cut down the number of stormtroopers on that map. It can get really hectic when 50 of them are shooting at you at one time and you can barely move. Maybe do this in the way where it wouldn't affect the structure of the game and how you progress but more in the way of the frequency and rate that they shoot or whatever. Yes, its like 1 AM and all, and im tired, hehe

Just a suggestion/request to make our PCs and video cards smile :)

Originally posted by The D

BUG

Umm this is a MAJOR MP bug that I'm very surprised nobody has mentioned yet.

We play with cheats enabled, which may be part of the problem. But what happens is many times the controls get stuck and your character can't do anything until someone hits him. It's happened to all of us at various times, in various games, so I can't imagine it being an isolated problem. It's very irritating though :(

One of the things that routinely seems to cause it is doing that upward slash from a crouching position with your light saber.

The other night a friend hosted a server with cheats on so we could goof off with the destroyer, got the same issue, I thought it was the bottom of the lightsaber getting stuck in the ground, hehe.

Guest ogre_h

Enhancement

Doublebladed lightsaber should be made an option not a cheat.

With the option to restrict in MP games

Should also be available in SP games. I think that'd be a cool challenge.

Blastek DL-44 should be available for both SP and MP

Kyle's blaster should be slightly more powerful in Primary to compensate for slow rate of fire.

More character models and bots.

BUG

On Jedi Master level, if you over-charge your shields they disappear.

The other gripe I have is the fact that the Lightsaber can't burn through doors that have to have a switch thrown to activate them. While consistent for gameplay, its not consistent with the SW universe, after all the opening scenes of Episode 1 had Qui-Gon burning through heavily re-inforced blast doors. Maybe these types of doors should have a "magnetic shield" glow or something to indicate plausible immunity to the lightsaber.

Bug:

Sometimes in sp guys will fall off of ledges onto the ground/stairways and will just continue to do the fall animation. Basically, the float in the air moving their arms wildly. Very annoying.

Bug:

In the level where you have to take the tram to the other end of the doomgiver, i went into the lower tram and as it was getting started, i just decided i'd throw my saber around. I threw it THROUGH the window and then i couldn't get the damn thing back cuz it wouldn't come back through the window. Had to reload it from my previous position. Another problem is it seems that the tram is pushing you rather than you riding in it.

Bug:

When you do a saber throw and it falls into a pit and you can't retrieve it. Man it sux.

Enhancement:

When you start a duel make your health return to 100 and when the duel ends, revert back to the health you had before.

Enhancement:

Make it possible to actually USE the force power instead of having to select it and then have to press 'f'

Enhancement:

Those mechwarrior robot thigns that run around are way too easy to kill. I just stand by their feet and slash at them and they cant get a shot off.

Enhancement:

please make dismemberment in mp, its pretty lame for a guy just to fall down with no slash marks or body parts being cut off when you use a saber on them. ooh ooh, maybe scars and marks on their bodies due to saber slashes or gun hits.

ok, i'm done now :)

ah, this is where the patch thread is.

Bug:

the force crosshair (the blue swirl) doesn't work in jedi knight mode (haven't tried JM). now possibly it's intended to be like this, but if u start a new game in plain old jedi mode and then load up a save game that is in Jedi Knight mode, the force crosshair works again. a minor thing, but i found it a little confusing as i have limited brain capacity :). i think it should be consistent, ie it should be turned off again when i load up my save game at harder difficulty level.

Bug:

The game once in a while resets the brightness (to default it seems), making it darker than before again and one some computers, like mine, too dark. This occurs in multiplayer as well as in single player and yes, it switched back without me doing anything but playing.

At least this goes for players like me, playing with Geforce 2 MX 400 cards on a Windows 98 system as it seems (since I use both and maybe this bug does not occur on all systems).

Sincerely

Landorin

Now that I've played a bit here are some observation and suggestions for online sabre duels.

Defensive fighting doesn't work as well as it could. Auto block needs to be turned up. Evasive rolling and jumping work very well, but trying to block as a fighting technique is certain death. There appears to be a growing hatred for strong-stance only users. Strong-stance suits the SP game very well, but needs some balancing for MP. Simply put strong-stance is nothing more than a baseball bat that you need to be constantly running from. It makes dueling a bit silly.

I would suggest NOT changing strong-stance, but adding a "defensive-stance" or enhancing the light-stance to block strong-stance.

If a defensive-stance were added then it could be set on a timer so you could only use it 5 out of 10 seconds. You could not attack or damage from a defensive stance but you could do a slow pushing/knockback. In this stance you would block everything from the front and light attacks from the back. The special move could be an evasive ariel. This stance could be used like a block button, Holding down the button activates, releasing deactivates (or a toggle as an option). It also times out at around 5 seconds. Maybe while in this stance if you hit attack you would ready a parry for a second, that, if hit by the opponent would lower his defenses for a second. If an opponent hits the parry with the Strong-stance-special they would be knocked flat on their butt!

Enhancing the light stance to block heavy attacks might be an easier solution, sort of a quick fix. But the defensive arc should still be increase to make blocking a viable technique.

The sabre-lock could also use some tweaking. Instead of beating the hell out your mouse attack button have sabre-locks break randomly and the first player to hit jump would kick or knockback the other player. If a player instead hits crouch then he could evade a possible kick. Every time you hit jump before the lock breaks reduces your chance of a successful kick. If you move after the break the attack will fail. We all know how silly we look violently thrasing our mouse button during a lock. "daddy? what are you doing....? Nothing! STAND CLEAR!!!"

One last thing (for now). Give the stances their own buttons.

Excellent game. No other developer could have done what you guys did, your at the top. :)

Well, obviously since this option is disabled by default, it has not been worked on enough, but it's surround sound is excellent!

I just went through almost half of level 4 suffering from random spontaneous resets of my machine, averaging anwhere from 10 to 20 minutes from the start of my play. Only through the help of another forum user did I realize the resets were from WinXP's auto reset on critical error. After disabling the auto reset I found that it was in my sound card driver, and fixed it by disabling OpenAL.

I am using an FM801 based sound card, and would very much like the OpenAL to be improved to stability, because it's 5.1 surround was incredible, and is definately a bug that needs fixin.

-=Forgen

*System Specs

P4 1700mghz

256megs RDRAM

ABIT A10 sound card (FM801 Chipset)

Asus Geforce3 v8200

Enhancement:

When starting a duel in MP (on a ffa map) u can have 100health/armour then have a duel and be taken down low (ie have no armour left and little health) when u win the duel and it ends u get full health again but another guy waiting for a duel comes up to u with full armour and health and so is an unfair advantage in my opinion.

So to fix this either the person who wins the duel gets full armour and health or the guy who challanges loses his armour to make the duel fair.

Enhancement:

When u win a duel on ffa u should get 2 points instead of 1 (this shows that u had the guts to duel and not just go slashing wildly into a crowd).

I dont know if this has been covered and I havent got time to read through this whole thread.

This is only a small bug, but annoying. When you throw the lightsaber, on the way back I turn it off the the sound plays for it turning off, but when it gets back to my hand its still on :mad:

Hmm, I was hoping SOMEONE in this thread had seen this bug. I guess I'm the only person in the universe who has. Figures.

I can't play the game past a certain point in Nar Shadaa (when I've finally gotten to the garbage kingpin, what's-his-name). The problem is those gun turrets that move on ceiling tracks. They have a sound associated with them that the game apparently can't play. In the corridor, I was able to destroy them one at a time fast enough to avoid the problem (it only happens when they're close enough for Kyle to "hear" them) ... but in the arena area, after talking to the crime boss, they come on too fast to avoid the game halting with an error.

I don't guess I'm going to get much love from Lucasarts' tech support, although I have sent the problem to them through the official channels.

Does anyone know a console command to turn sound OFF completely - not just volume 0 which will still try to load it? That way I could at least get past this area silently!

For me the enhancement that should be taken care of first is multiplayer dismemberment. Just like SoF, Star Wars: Jedi Outcast's niche is its violence. Right now, Star Wars's multiplay is just another deathmatch/runesword slight varient, but with dismemberment it becomes dm/rune varient with cool finishing moves!!!. Also, as a side note, the light force powers (except absorb) suck compared to the dark forces.

Originally posted by Nemios

Yeah! This is a big feature that is missing. If the problem is a different 3D model would be needed for each skin, than use always the same model! We don't care seeing always Kyle's arms if it's the only workaround to have this option. Even in JK1 it worked so and nobody ever complained.

And if its a problem of the FP lightsaber model not being available in the MP module, big deal! :) I'll point out that Heretic II didn't have *ANY* first person models, but an official patch released for it added a console command that would stick the camera in front of the 3rd-person model's face. Hmmm... Wasn't Heretic II a Raven title too... ;)

Why not do the same for JK:JO? Just add a console command in MP which parents the camera to the head's tag poly. You'd have an FP view in MP, still be able to do aerobatics, and actually have a viewpoint which would roll with the model... :)

And please, don't try to tell me that camera spins would be confusing either - I play AvP and AvP2 as the alien all the time. My view flips and spins constantly when leaping between floors/walls/ceilings, and it doesn't impair my gameplay in the slightest... In fact it adds realism, and it's actually quite a blast! :)

To the folks at Raven : AWESOME JOB GUYS! :D JO is awesome!

BUG (minor)

Problems with volumetric shadows have been mentioned, but using the stun baton towards a shadow you see on the ceiling shouldn't affect the guy on the floor above..

--

detonator 28.32

gf2 ultra

win98 se

ENHANCEMENT

lens flares? I read about the option for this and texture compression in the manual, but no options exist. I couldn't see anything about it in the readme but could be my failing eyesight after too much playing this great game.

Archived