Home

Patch Thread

Vagabond

Hi, This is going to be long.

I have a AMD Athon 1.6Ghz processor, 756MB Ram, Geforce 3 Ti 200 with 64MB memory. In other words I have all requirements to run this game but it won't even get into the game . I run it the window flashes passed, the same you get in quake 3 which works fine on my pc, and then the screen goes white I can hear the beginning movie starting. But the screen remain white and the sound begins to slow and loop until its completely frozen with mouse in the middle of the screen and some sound stuck in a loop. This has completely frozen my pc, I can only get out by restarting by hitting the restart button.

Some other information: I have the latest Direct X 8.1, I have Windows 2000, I have the lates patch for JedI knight 2 Jedi outcast and I have the latest drivers for my Graphics card.

could my sound card freeze it?

I have a 5.1 soundblaster Live! digital

Please reply

I really want to play this game.

Thank you for all your replies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enhancement:

When using the saber be able to block like the SP newborn jedi do. They planted their feet and held up a defensive stance. It's a surefire way of blocking a saber onslaught and I'd feel more comfortable with that than the auto defense there is now.

Also:

when dueling both me and my opponent have so much speed and freedom with our movements that it's easier to simply strafe/jump/roll away from danger than it is to block and parry our way to a damaging blow. So in fights we usually run in circles until we see an opening, slash once, run away, then run in circles again. I'm not sure what kind of a critique this is, but beat with me here. I think its because players (me included) are afriad of close combat with the saber. Since blocking is automatic and taken up by the computer, I'm completely blind to my defensive strategies. After playing for a while I learn a few tendencies the auto block has, but they're similiar to the tendencies of an experienced blind man walking down the street. Vast changes aren't necessary really, just some kind of visual way of knowing when the computer is able to block for me, and when it isn't.

Bug:

In multiplayer, using rocket launcher, u can full lock a target, then switch to saber, target keeps locked, after switching back to rocket launcher, u dont have to lock target again, if u shoot from any direction or position u are facing, the rocket hits the target

Enhancement:

The possibility to use console, or key bindings while viewing a demo (using a script: we can´t fast forward or stop a demo, once u hit any key or try to call the console, demo stops and jumps back to setup menu)

Taunt key binding in setup menu

Team member location displayed on cg_drawteamoverlay

Or at least release ctf_yavin.map so we can do it for all most played ctf maps :p

P.S.= Is anyone thinking in a next patch? is that gonna happen or on what its depending?

I see some posts that are really demanding and extreme, but some stuff are easy to change i believe. At least some patch with minor details would be much appreciated by gaming community that actually buy the game and like to play it but sees that there are some stuff that could be easily solved

Tks

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Apprentice

How about game companies put a little more into beta testing and stop counting on us to do it for them...??!!??

This is just out of hand,with all this indecisive patches.

Its one thing to address a few problem here or there,or to fix preformance issues or so on...

I have been patient in the past but this is just to much.

Gone are the days when companies would just release a game and let the masses duke it out.

Sure,by all means, fix the hacks,correct the exploits...

But please.... oh ,please, please, please...

Stop re inventing the wheel

Let the mods decide what works best.

And let us decide what ones to play.

Even the endless quake3 patches never seemed as bad as JediKnight is getting.

Stop milking the noobs and LET US PLAY!!

PS.

Can anyone tell me what the hell happend to my dismemberment?

G_dismember and CG_dismember seem to have no affect anymore.

And sorry in advance if its a dead horse question that everyones sick of hearing :confused:

siklipsmal2.jpg

These patches are far more than just a service to the newbs. I am not a newbie to JKII. In a clean server, I can win my fair share of matches using the current system, but I still think it needs improvment. I'm not obsessed with winning, I'd rather have a more enjoyable Star Wars game.

Currently there are hardly any mods in the production stages for JKII. The few that may be ready for play either miss the mark, or don't have any servers to play on. Jedi Knight II is REALLY close to making a pretty cool saber system. Just needs to be tweaked.

Also, after talking with a few friends about saber dueling and force powers, I realized that most people have very unique interpretations on the ideal "lightsaber duel" and "force battle". The people at Raven must have come to an agreement on a certain style, and that's what 1.03 was. Then feedback poured in how people thought otherwise about saber dueling and then 1.04 came out. So when you ask them to stop counting on us to test these patches, I wonder how else they were supposed to find out what we wanted.

Anyhoo, I'd like to add a suggestion I thought of to enhance saber dueling.

I was watching different lightsaber scenes from the StarWars movies, and I noticed a consistancy that could be easily carried over to the game. When the fighters make their move, defend, parry, and so on... they move alot like how a fighter would move in game like Street Fighter or Soul Caliber. Perhaps there could be something added so that the player is forced to slow down when auto blocking or slashing.

• 4 weeks later...

Enancements: MORE CTF levels!!!!!!!!!! And some of my favorite lightsaber colors you can't see when you put it against a light texture I should be visible at all times like in EP2 the big battle. It was a very bright day and there was no problem. And make the lightsaber light things up. more skins and a lightsaber selection. make fighting more like SP (except for the speacials and backstabs cuz you can still move them in the sp mode). Force powers should be less usefull in MP (LIGHT OR DARK!!!!!) I mean if a guys got absob on you can't touch him and the grip + kick is VERY lame I mean some pll just use that I mean if you got this guy whos running away then sure go ahead!!!! And make it so if someone hits you while your saber is down the dmg gos to him. make pull less invulnerable cuz I went to this server and this guy (lamer) just pulls pll down then backstabs on bloody red (I got him into a duel and he stood no chance with out his beloved pull).

WHEW *need to go get a drink of water*

Player classes.. something akin to what we have seen in ProMod, might be a good option.

For CTF I prefer making the saber stronger, but not at the expense of the guns. Blocking everything is silly. Some way to fine tune it would be great. Oh, and first person saber and more dismemberment should be available in MP.

It would be great if we could record SP demos for later playback.

Otherwise, I think the game is pretty much as good as its going to get right now, other than user made mods.

But, if an expansion comes out, there's plenty of stuff I'd like to see (hope the dev team working on that takes a hint from "Mysteries of the Sith" and how it added to JK).

Enhancement:

Originally posted by Kurgan

But, if an expansion comes out, there's plenty of stuff I'd like to see (hope the dev team working on that takes a hint from "Mysteries of the Sith" and how it added to JK).

Amen to that. The classes in MotS were brilliant. Especially since non Force-Users could put their points in a skill that reduces the effect that Force powers have upon the player.

I'm not saying it should be something like that, but if you called the "Force points" "Character points" you could do all sorts of things.

For instance, a Bounty Hunter class could have the Smart Rope instead of Force pull, and a Flamethrower instead of Force Lightning. Perhaps a soldier class could get access to bigger and better weapons, or get extra ammo.

Enhancement:

Bring back punch as the first weapon, and make secondary fire some sort of kick. :D Well, maybe do that. :nut:

:yobi::aobi::ben::gben:- :wan::mauls:

Sorry about this, I was going to only post a bug I've had since I've installed Windows XP, which I'll post after I dig up the error message it gives me.

:gben:The Force will be with you, always

Bug:

From Event Log

The application, C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2sp.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 03/01/2003 @ 01:06:05.561 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 6963DE0B (nvoglnt)

I think I got the same error with Windows 98 but 98 just quit the program without generating the error log. It happened a lot more until I switched off auto-update, now it rarely happens.

Perhaps it's just JK2 and WinXP fighting for memory :nut:

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Archived