Home

Patch Thread

Vagabond

Bug Fix:

-Luke occasionally goes nuts in the Factory when you're both fighting Reborn and attacks Kyle.

-First level of Yavin swamp seems to cause video problems with my Asus V7700 GF2. Chunks of the screen flash on and off, the whole thing is pretty much indecipherable. Sometimes can be fixed by exiting to the menu and going back...sometimes not.

-Similarly, the Light-amp gogles cause weird flashing on and off of the screen when activated from third person sometimes.

Enhancement:

- Give the Stormies back their hand to hand attacks once they've been force-pulled. Actually, the Grans have always been great boxers too...could we have this back in JK?

-A vehicle only MP map? The AT-ST driving level was just too cool to leave it at that one little segment! Could add more vehicles too, drive an AT-AT, Trade Fed. tank, speeders....lotsa posibilities to use that great code!

-If there's a chance of getting more maps, how about some really well done locations from the films. A GOOD recreation of the Empire duel from carbon chamber all the way through to the central wind tunnel. Or a simpler one would be a spot-on version of the Death Star throne room...maybe done from some accurate blueprints. We can find 'em on the net, maybe you guys can even get your hands on some reference from the Lucasfilm archives. Tons of locations that people would love to fight in from the films.

-I definetly definetly second the suggestion to disable specified force powers in MP. Alot of the time, I just want to go have a full on Jedi saber battle, without drain, lightning and the rest, just attack, defense, throw...and maybe push, jump, and speed. As it is, MP tends to make for less tan intense saber duels.

On the subject of making the sabers light-sources...I'd vote no. They aren't in the films (look at Jedi for examples apleanty), and there's really no need to add the strain of another dynamic light on the engine.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enhancement:

1) Just one. If raven can make the mp lightsaber system be more like sp, the game would be PERFECT. Please..please implement it in the next patch (or even just make it so the swords parry more often..coz thats what the fight scenes in Star Wars are about, parrying, and countering). Thanks!!!

Lots of good suggestions in here so far! Mine would be :

ENCHANCEMENTS:

1. Dismememberment in multiplayer. This is simply a must!

2. Team communications for CTF and TFFA - either simple keybind/menu or proper voice comms.

3. Duel challenging work over a longer range, and easier to taget particular induvidual. And totally agree with diff music while duelling!

4. I feel force powers really shouldnt be able to do much direct damage, ie. lightning and grip. Maybe tone down damage from grip, and make lightning cause only minimal damage, but knock player to ground. I'm sick of lightning ppl to death because ppl have been doing it to me. It's very lame. Prolly my biggest gripe with the game thus far.....

Bugs:

-The third AT-ST in the prisoner rescue mission sometimes suddenly vanishes, when you try to get back to the first turret and destroy it.This happened not only to me, but to a whole bunch of people at the forums I use normally!

Enhancements:

-If you'd put some of the elements of SP-Lightsabering into MP, it'd be even more fun than it is now :) !

enhancement:

1) "Imagine in a game you could have your OWN personal design to mark stuff with."

wooot zoro style!!!

User-x that's a GREAT idea!!! i love it!

2) pulll weapons from people in mp... or something to balance sabre against guns. /shrug

3) as said earlier, drain and heal are annoyingly strong (MP)... NERF THEM!! :p

4) allow for the server to selectively disallow different force abilities

5) let you setup your MP force powers outside of a game

6) new content as always :) models, skins, levels, etc... (im really getting tired of the 4 dueling levels (a bull ring, boxing ring, battlebots arena, etc... etc...)

7) much longer range challenging and mutliple challenges in one game (that's my favorite part of ffa :) )

Originally posted by Moleculor

Enhancement:

Put the light back into lightsaber. Make them actually light up rooms and such. Just like in JK1.

Ehancement:

Make lightsaber color an RGB code configurable thing. So you can have millions of different shades, rather than the six pre-designed ones.

The lack of light from the light saber (or any other weapon for that matter) is due to the way the Quake3 engine handles dynamic lighting. Or rather, how it doesn't handle dynamic lighting. Unlike Quake 1 and 2, Jedi Knight 1 or pretty much any other 3d engine, Quake 3 has no dynamic light capability.

What it actually does to "simulate" dynamic lights, as far as I can tell, is that it simply a bit of color to the light already available. This is how it works in Quake3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Star Trek: Voyager, and any other Q3 based game that's been released. If Raven added REAL dynamic lights to JK2, it would be a first for the Q3 engine.

User defined colors should be easy, though. A bunch of Quake3 mods already has this feature for everything from skins to crosshair colors to nicknames.

The best bug I found was when I jumped up the cloud city chamber....the one where you have to let the air take you up from platform to platform. Just before the cutscene was about to play with Kyle meeting the first Reborn I saved it, but when I reloaded it Kyle was standing there as if in the cutscene, and I was standing there looking at him...there were 2 Kyles!!!!! Well, after the cutscene finished they merged back into one...lol

Enhancement:

1) Again, MP sabre 'fights' more like single player (at least in duel mode/gametype, if not FFA etc as well).

2) Instead of Force all or Force none; how about force basic in MP? AKA, none of the light/dark specific forces can be used.

KPeh

Another BUG:

-When playing the level where you have to avoid detection and sneak by the remnant troops onto Barney's ship, in the room where you turn out the lights, if you save after you turn out the lights, but before you complete the room, when you reload, the lights are back on and cannot be turned off at all.

Enhancement:

Players entering a duel should be given full health. It would negate the effects of some moron bombarding the two of you with the Repeater while you're trying to set it up, and make it more about skill than whoever started out with more health.

ENHANCEMENTS:

1. I echo all cries to balance out the Force powers a bit more. Give the lightside a chance, please.

2. Mind Trick: make it skewer the target's view (like the Conc Grenades in TFC) Of course, it could be countered with Seeing.

3. More MP models and skins! How about some more Classic SW characters? Han, Leia, Wedge Antilles (!), Old Ben Kenobi...please.

4. This may be more of an expansion pack idea, but MORE MP GAMEMODES! How about some objective or goal-based modes? Take out a tractor beam, defend Echo base, something like that (read Gabe's article on http://www.penny-arcade.com). Also, let's have a gamemode like TFC's "Hunted" level (I posted my ideas for this a while back, look a few pages back).

5. More MP maps. Echo Base, Endor Shield Generator (the landing platform would be an awesome dueling spot), Mos Eisley, Cloud City Gantry!

6. Force Push: make it restricted on maps like Nar Shadaa Street (MP). I mean, all people do on that map is push each other off the ledges, especially in CTF.

7. Let me re-iterate MORE MP MODELS/SKINS! Especially Jedi/Sith choices for Duels. (There are, what, 6 now?)

Bug/enhancement:

Please make it so that you can set the joystick left/right to strafe rather than look left/right. The only way I played JK1 was with a joystick/mouse. Without being able to strafe with the joystick this is useless.

Hi, I'm a newbie here on this forum, but I'm not new to Jedi Knight. :D

There are a couple of things I've noticed so far, that bother me about JK2.

Bugs:

When I approach a door, the Imperial troops are able to SEE me through the door. I mean, I'll walk up to it, and suddenly I hear "Die, Rebel Scum!" and then movement on the other side, as they prepare to blast me. Now, if they said "Did you hear something?" that would be fine . . . but being able to know I'm about to walk through the door is ridiculous. I didn't see any cameras anywhere!

On the other hand: there are times where I'm able to almost walk right up to an Imperial Officer, and nail him, without his noticing me. If I approach from behind, I can understand that. But even if I approach him from the side, I can do this. Surely he'd catch a glimpse of me at some point, as I neared!

What is the deal with the shields? If I remember correctly, in JK1 even if your health was almost zero: as long as you had shield strength, you would be protected from energy weapons. Not so in JK2. If my health is low, but my shields are high, I can still be killed! And I'm finding it very hard to keep my health up, because health boosts are few and far between at times.

Bugs:

1) At the moment all I see is netcode problems with lag, but I guess Raven are aware of this.

Enhancements:

Just to support suggestions already made:

1) MP Sabre duelling to be like SP

2) More MP gamestyles, in particular objective and round based. I also think the respawn delay system used in RTCW would be a great assest.

3) For any expansion pack, an Imperial Campaign would be great. Whether that be as a Dark Jedi or Storm trooper, or even both, doesn't really matter, but I'm sure many would love to fight for the dark side. If an increase in fighting alongside allies - to produce a really feel of being involved in larg(e/ish) battles - could be incorperated, that would be neat too. Skywalker needs a sold kicking. :)

For any expansion pack, an Imperial Campaign would be great. Whether that be as a Dark Jedi or Storm trooper, or even both, doesn't really matter, but I'm sure many would love to fight for the dark side. If an increase in fighting alongside allies - to produce a really feel of being involved in larg(e/ish) battles - could be incorperated, that would be neat too. Skywalker needs a sold kicking.

Yeup i totally second all of that

ENHANCEMENT*

Not sure if any of these have been said yet...

**More models. SPECIFICALLY a Yoda model (yea yea, I know he's not in this timeline, but this is multiplayer, I don't think a bunch of looks running around slicing up other people sticks to the timeline :p), Imperial Guard (my personal favorite!!) and Han Solo (not sure if he's already in there? I havn't checked yet). Darth Maul with a variety of different tattoos would be kinda nice too. Again, it's not like multiplayer has anything to do with the timeline :)

**Mission maps...kinda like what Wolfenstein does..you have certain goals your team has to accomplish.

**And of course...a double-bladed light-saber.

ENHANCEMENT

Add slider for decal (bullet holes, saber slash) duration, and perhaps body decay duration. :-p It sucks to have a huge battle with corpses falling everywhere and sabers cutting into everything, only to look around when it is over and have the room be completely empty. Those of us with higher systems always like more eye candy, and those with less powerful systems could disable it altogether by sliding it to 0. :-p

ENHANCEMENT

Cooperative multiplayer.

It has been suggested to add objective-based team multiplayer and the like, but hell, you already have a nice set of objective-based levels. Some spots would need some modifying, and more mobs added, but you have the basic levels already made and scripted. :-p

QUOTE]Originally posted by Marv

enhancement:

2) pulll weapons from people in mp... or something to balance sabre against guns. /shrug

Why Develop something that is ALREADY in the game ???

U can Steal the Weapons of others with force pull u just need to be close for it to happen ( i m unsure if the opponent have to touch your body after u pulled it or not but the fact is that i steal when i pull someone close ) .......the power is now balanced so that u can t steal weapons from miles away

enhancements:

1. More player models See my thread discussing this

2. More movie themed Duel maps to re-enact some classic star wars movie duelsSee my thread discussing this

3. Making the "fast" light saber style faster in muliplay. for me its hard to note a difference. i believe the speed setting could be tweaked a little faster.

4. In-game broswer needs to have an icon or filter scheme to wade out locked/passworded games.

5. Is there any chance of introducing a force power which tears objects of the walls, enabling you to throw them at your opponent? (like Darth vadar against Luke in EMPIRE). Granted this might need a redesign of the maps.. so it's probably an unrealistic enhancement to ask for.

6. Reduction of damage caused by lightning dark force.

7. Tweaked blocking. Sometimes blocking in multiplay seems a little too random for comfort.

8. The enabling of the cheat Double Sided Saber in multiplay games, and perhaps tweaking of character animations so that blade doesn't swing through your player model.

more to follow..

Great game btw, very addictive!

Archived