Home

forum server upgrade???

TseTse

these esrvers are WAY TOO SLOW for viable usage, and i am on DSL.

i've already lost posts just trying to get the damn server to read the query.

if this site is gonna actually be taken seriously at all, you NEED viable bandwith and servers.

again, i have DSL and have to wait 3 minutes just for the "new post" page to come up... if i am lucky.

CUT some of the fancy ads nobody will click on, get real bandwith, and keep being the one best source for quality info...

<3

:D

yes, i agree, these forums are very slow.

seems to be ok though now.

EDIT: i spoke too soon. I'm sorry guys, but the load times on these forums are awful. I dont know who's set up the software, but get back to the drawing board and optimise the server.

for instance why is a 366K .bmp file used as the forum logo?!!

doh! it needs to be about a quarter the size at most..

sorry, but it's getting very frustrating, and rendering these forums useless if you cant get on. Please sort out this problem and help the community thrive.

very dissappointed at the current set-up.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

IT IS NOT OK.

I am on a major IRC channel with 100 jk2 people, and many people can't even get into the site, let alone the servers.

At this pace, the customer relations on release are beginning to compete with seirra/dynamix for last's years tribes2 fiasco.

I GET TWO ANNOYING POPUPS BEFORE I CAN EVEN LOAD THE MAIN PAGE.

To have so much advertising and to use popups on a site like THIS is beyond reasonable, especialyl under these conditions. The "revenue" you may make from these ads is gonna be nothing compared to the losses from folks avoiding this site... for good.

I hope somebody actually in charge here is reading these forums and realizing how bad it has been.

You are losing major community support QUICKLY. That's something you only get one chance at people.

1. PUBLISH AN APOLOGY/ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IMMEDIATELY IN NEWS

2. KILL THE POPUP ADS

3. KILL THE FANCY CRAP

4. GET A REAL SERVER AND REAL BANDWITH ASAP

Basically, show you understand what's happening and that you care...

It's ok, we'll forgive and forget as long as the problems are acknowledged and eventually solved...

Archived