Home

Need Jedi Academy Training School

JediSith999

You might think about joining a clan. Most good clans have a ranking system......something like Initiate, Padawan, Jedi Knight, ect. I like the idea of having one of the Knights take an initiate or padawan as there apprentice. They both go into private games and train together. Once the Knight feels like the padawan is ready, he will undergo the trials. The trials is what the clan leader determines. I was in a clan like this for JK1 and it was fun. It's a good feeling seeing yourself rise through the ranks, then take on a padawan yourself. Sadly the clan is dead now.......

Anyway, you might search for a clan like that.

well, I have a dialup so my online play is very random when it comes to skill. sometimes I execute an attack perfectly but lag will screw it up. And sometimes I fail misserably and I end up killing someone somehow. Anyway, a few tips for those of you out there who are trying to learn to use the saber and force more effectively.

including a form of a horizontal attack in all the attack that you can. horizontal attacks cover more area and can make up for mistakes that you could make in positioning yourself. Using these types of attacks will help untill you learn where exactly all your attacks will go. (ie. Forward + Right + attack or Right + attack, etc.)

When chaining your attacks, hold down the attack key for each set of attacks. Constantly pounding the attack button isnt very a very reliable way to pull of combos.

Keep force push hotkeyed somewhere where you can use it as soon as you need it. I myself have it set as the "E" key while using my WASD movement setup. Force is a must when facing dark siders because it negates their force grip. Secondly, Force push can be used to throw people off cliffs, it doenst always work when people are standing on the ground, but it ALWAYS works when they are jumping. I usually save my force power to push them when they are jumping across some chasm. (same goes for force pull minus that bit about force grip)

Similarly to my last suggestion, if you are a light side user, keep force absorb handy as well. Force absorb will help when dealing with those people who over-use force powers. When they rely on force powers too much it becomes a bit of a crutch for them. When they realize that they cant hurt you and their powers are useless against you, they will become an easy target for you. Just be careful that you time your absorb right, because it uses up your force pool pretty quickly if they arent attacking you with force all the time.

Always keep your saber level at at least level 2. You will want to have medium attack available since light stance doesnt do as much damage (unless you are extremely skilled with it). This is just my personal opinion though.

Thats about it for the basics. Hope I helped.

I agree with you Chanke, with the part that when your enemy depends too heavily upon their force powers, and you show them that it is useless, they become easy pickings. When I first got the game I played at a large LAN party, after playing a few ffa's and I became accustomed to the game, I joined a duel. At first it was ok, but then they started using Drain followed by lightning. I was trying to find some system of countering this attack with another force power, but to no true avail. I ended up charging at the guy all the time, and actually made him run away. When he was running, he wasnt able to use the Force as effictivly, making them easier targets. Oh, and this was a guy who said I was a chicken because I kept dodging his attacks by ducking and rolling (was still getting used to the system.)

Another thread had info that suited me PERFECTLY. I forgot who posted it, so credits to the Unknown Poster once again.

Steps for Saber Practice:

1) Start single player game at your chosen difficulty level

2) Go to console (Shift + ~) - you can do this during the scripted cutscene with Kyle and Jan in the Raven's Claw

3) Enter "map pit" (without the quotes- this can really be any map, but pit seems to be a hidden test/practice map)

4) You will appear facing off against Tavion. Save the game immediately (she won't attack at first). Name it something obvious (JediDuel---Training---Pit---(difficulty level).

5) Defeat Tavion.

6) You can spawn anything in there, after enabling the cheats (devmap works for me). YOu can spawn as many as you want. (See below)

I did a few "Bind F(1-8) npc spawn (name)" commands so I could summon things quickly, and I added "Bind H give health" so I could do many duels in a row.

The spawn command is "npc spawn (name)" without the quotes.

My favorite opponents:

Tavion

Reborn (the basic one, very weak)

Rebornboss

Rebornfencer

Rebornforceuser

Shadowtrooper

Shadowtrooper2

And so on. You can spawn pretty much anything, from droids and stormtroopers to bosses.

It is also fun to spawn several plain reborn and have an uber-duel.

Also, you can spawn friendly NPCs. It just struck me that I never checked if they help you fight... but things like:

Luke

Jedi

Jeditrainer

etc

Archived