Home

Is there any point in me buying the game?

Keyan Farlander

My video card is a TNT2 Ultra. Not exactly cutting edge. My PC is a 1.4 GHz Athlon with 256 MB of RAM. Now, I'm sure all that's fine and well within the official specs, but like I said, that video card leaves something to be desired. I know it will technially work, but is it going to run at more than 5 frames per second and look good? How close to the highest graphical settings am I going to be able to get?

Guest buffyoda

Stop being cheap. GeForce 2's are only around $60. You will be fine after that. A TNT2 is not going to run this game well. But it is so good it is worth the extra money.

Originally posted by buffyoda

Stop being cheap. GeForce 2's are only around $60. You will be fine after that. A TNT2 is not going to run this game well. But it is so good it is worth the extra money.

I'm not being cheap, I'm asking a question. My TNT2 is more than powerful enough to run every game I care to play at max settings. Except Jedi Knight II. The only other PC game I really care about that's going to come out in the next couple of years is Doom III (and maybe Quake IV). So, I will certainly upgrade for that, but who knows what the cards will be like when that comes to market? I don't want to spend 60+ dollars if it's not going to make a huge deal. Do you have any idea how many Beethoven CD's I can buy with 60 dollars?

Dude it will work just fine. I have a TNT2 Model 64 which i believe is not as nice as your ultra. It's on a P3 800mhz with 192 megs of RAM. It runs just fine in single player at 800 x 600 32-bit. In multiplayer I run everything lower but it's not like it looks bad or anything. Don't buy the card until you need it, prices always will go down, not up. Some of the people on this forum spend way to much money on their machines just so they can impress with numbers.

Again with the negativity Navaros... Honestly, we know already, you dont like the game.

He wasn't even asking if it was worth buying wondering if its fun or not, he was wondering if it was worth it with because his current system might have trouble running it. If YOU dont like the game, why are you still posting on the game's forums? Go play whatever else you LIKE, and move on. Its one thing to post your opinion on the game, but being THAT negative especially when you're completely out of context is another.

In any event, to the original poster, I have no clue what kind of capabilities a TNT2 has, but I would think that with your processor, you'd be able to run it fine if you tuned it perfectly. You might not be able to get all the maximum details, but oh well. Like someone else said though, you can get a performant 3d accelerate for peanuts these days. I payed 350$ Can for my Geforce 2 GTS back when it came out, and now its barely a third of the price.

Archived