Home

Sabs vs. guns in MP, some people never learn...

WD_ToRMeNt

GF means Good Fight , its a compliment you jackass

and that last part is a complete fabrication , ive never played on any ctf server ever , this is on ausgamers1 where ctf_bespin is part of the ffa map cycle so your credibility has been thrown out the window

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darksider

GF means Good Fight , its a compliment you jackass

Actually, I didn't know that either. Seen some people toss it out, and saw one say it meant "girlfriend" (what it normally stands for in chat), which is why I so puzzled why it kept popping up after fights. Figured some people were just blaming outside influence for losses.

Ah, well, now that's cleared up. For me, anyways...

Originally posted by Muzzle

Force pull DOES work on weapons, as long as you are right up in your opponent's face when you use the power. As in, touching them. If they're more than a step or two away from you, you'll just pull the whole person and not the weapon.

I thought it was broken too, but after a few hours of play, I've found that you'll yank the weapon about 3/4 of the time as long as you're next to the person. Makes life considerably easier against the gun-toters. Also fun to use on people in mid-air, or heading for an item.

Man at least someone with a BRAIN who realized it WORKS ......

Also i must state that , if u re not right next to the opponent , his weapon will fall on the ground ( well mostly no problem coz he will be knocked down so u just have to walk over the weapon to pick it up )

Just knowing this let s u see that guns are not imbalanced and that a good force user can totally ruin a gunner lamer

Personnally when i m on a server the gunners i cross then try to not face me after a while coz they know they won t get a kill with me but pretty much the contrary

I'm gonna change my stance because after playing awhile with both saber and guns, I've decided it really all depends on the map.

That's weird that force pull only works in very close range, because then it's not really force pull, but grab the damn thing outta his hands.

Well it s not very close range ....just close range , the more u practice it the more u get a feel for it

And if u are in medium range u just have to pull twice so that the second time your opponent is in close range

To conclude i will say that hopefully it doesn t steal from miles away, that s just balancing things and doesn t make guns totally obsolete

Lotta good that will do wraith =P

Pull is for pulling people now. If u get a gun out of it yer a l33t mofo. I'm not even sure it disarms them, just gives u a copy of what they had.

I just beat the utter crap out of billy dee williams by pushing all his shots back in his face. I was suprised that u could push the jello conc, i was *really* suprised that u can push *everything*. Even bryar bolts.

Push just rules. I want to try pulling stuff now, be neat if u could redirect rockets with pull. I've neglected ff guns since I got the game, mostly cause I got caught up with ff sabers, but ima go revisit it now and see if i can learn some more basics.

BTW, in JK pull was a counter for grip. Was meant to keep u from both getting strangled *and* shot. Also absorb countered it fine. Basically it meant goin dark meant u were gonna be weaponless a lot unless you were careful.

I was on the wrong end of a lot of neato mine kills tossed my way by resourceful darkies.

Lucky

Originally posted by Lucky

Lotta good that will do wraith =P

Pull is for pulling people now. If u get a gun out of it yer a l33t mofo. I'm not even sure it disarms them, just gives u a copy of what they had.

Did u TEST it ??? obviously not

The first time i ve stolen something it was in a FFA game

I was wondering to myself " i got a Gun but i didn t picked one ....strange"

Then i asked to some kind person on the server to help me test this

He picked up a golan and didn t move , i faced him in close range ( something like 10 feet i would say ) and pulled

The result ??? The guy was knocked down with a bryar pistol in hand and i had a golan in my inventory

I asked him " Did it stole u the whole weapon or only ammo" ( i suspected that pull only stole ammo )

He replied "NO whole weapon ....SCARY"

The reason i m sharing this info ??? Well i m fed up to see gun lamers kill noob saberists who don t know how to deal with them and then brag about how much they rule and that sabs sux

So next time before implicitly saying to someone he is lying , test it yourself u lazy boy

Darksider GF means get f*u*c*ked to most people, as in "that was bull****, get ****ed" and your attitude at the time seemed to show that was what you meant.

Well it must have been another one of your l337 [society of sabre] clanmates or whatever, darth something, obviously he practices with you.

On ausgamers GF is accepted as good fight , there was no attitude all i said was GF , Saber Society isnt a clan its just an assosciation of people who enjoy saber fights and duels , nobody would be caught dead using the term l337 . There is no darth anyone in Saber Society , our ranks consist of

Me

Monkeu

Borf

Darkness

Ulaire

BiscuitHead

Dark-One

Lews.Therin

Aldebrand

i said gf to compliment you on a battle well won and when you started mouthing off I OWN YOU , SMASHED i challenged you again . Ive never used gf as a curse , if i feel the rare need to berate someone for something i can do it without saying 'get ****ed' let alone an abbreviation. You seem to have an ego problem.

Jesus people, some of you sound like you think you're really jedi.

I have a theory on who the saber newbies are. They're star wars geeks who don't normally play comp games, but after hearing about how they can use a lightsaber, flock to this game.

Okay, I accept the point that some people may not want to win when they go onto a server. But they WON'T be the ones complaining, will they? If they get killed, so what? They don't want to win.

No, the people who scream "j00 = pathetik gun0rz uz0rzzz!!!11" are the people who WANT to win, but CAN'T. Like I said before, sabres only servers are out there, use them to play sabres only. If you can't find one, set one up. To complain about being shot on a guns and sabres server is childish, stupid and...

Dishonourable.

Lastly, I'm forced to agree with Vader, in that people who only use sabres act as though they're really Jedi. But here's a thought... how powerful would a Jedi be... with a rocket launcher? More powerful? Maybe, depending on the capabilities of the gun. But that's what the JK series is about, a rogue Force user who uses all weapons, not just the sabre. Kyle Katarn is that user. Does the word "outcast" mean nothing to the fanatic stickstrokers? :confused: In JO, your character isn't just a swordsman, he's a marksman.

The MP game is always going to get bitter people who wish they had the guns skill to win in a guns FFA, but I'd appeal to them all to control themselves. Skill isn't something you're born with, you WORK at gaining skill. If you want to defeat people in guns FFA, practice it, and you WILL! If not, stick to sabres only. My two penny's worth.

exactly...the people who whine about being shot up with sabers should, if they are truly skilled, pick up a gun and fight back....if not, JOIN A FRICKIN SABZ SERVER!!! geez...there are levels designed for sabering only...

im a gunner, and im quite good, but i do not do the leet speak because it serves no purpose whatsoever....it only associates whoever is speaking it with the lamer script kiddies and such and "hackers", when the real hackers are highly intelligent...in this parallel, true fps gunners are very skilled, and do not need to talk like that to prove their skills...

actions speak louder than words, folks

oh, and by the way, all you saber freaks who think that you can own ff gunners...hahahahaha...im sorry that is just plain funny...sorry...ok im done now...

It's amazing that the first post got 4 pages of the "Saber Vs. Guns" arguement.

You want the bottom line? You have to use BOTH the Saber and weapons to get the top score in FFA. It's just like any other FPS... you use everything you have available to you, and the more ruthlessly you exploit your advantages in all situations, the more successful you will be.

Try walking around with a lightsaber with a flechette full of ammo in your inventory. When someone walks up that you know can pull your weapon, simply turn on Absorb, switch to the Flechette, and secondary fire him to death. THERE IS NO DEFENSE BUT TO RUN.

Or reverse the above... walk around with the flechette or the repeater looking for crowds of lightsaber fighting... fire at will, and when they all turn towards you, switch to saber (so they can't pull your good weapon) and either run off or stay to clean up the damage you did with your weapons.

My take? The weapons are much more powerful in FFA simply because you can't effectively take out ROOMFULLS of people with a lightsaber. You get much faster kills roaming around with the RL, the Repeater, and the Flechette. Even the DAMP2 works for doing a bit of damage.

In 1 on 1, a lightsaber freek may have a shot, but not if he ONLY uses the lightsaber.

Essobie

See, I don't get why you call people at the top that use guns, gunwhores. Winning is a skill, and you'll never win by adhering to honor, cause in the meantime that gunwhore will be using the dirtiest tricks at his disposal to beat down the competition.

I like sabers, m'self :D

But to succeed with a saber in a FFA server w/ guns takes more than just X number of points in your saber skill...it also takes some measure of intelligence.

Tactics are a good thing.

One thing I've had some success with is the ol' corner trick. A gunman is chasing me down, firing at will, so I turn and knock him back with a force push to gain some distance. I run around the first available corner, then stop...and when he comes around to chase, I'm already swinging my saber in his direction.

Constantly being on the move is a good thing too. You can't stand in one spot and expect someone to not shoot at you ;)

(edit for using the word "expect" too many times...allow myself to introduce...myself...)

In the end, to me, it really doesn't matter where I finish on the score card. Win or lose, I generally have a great time playing.

i am a GUN USER not a gunwhore, but i am not one of those cheap ones that walk around with a Reapter or flechette and just fire at crowds of saber deuls, 90% of the time i use THE BLASTER PISTOL, or the BOW. But when i run out of ammo, i just dont run away, i will take my saber out and starting dueling, i my not be the best with the saber, but i am the best with my BLASTER PISTOL. I was on a server for a hour, using my blaster pistols about 80-90% of the time and i won 90% of the games, you just need to know how to use the guns to be skilled with it, to tell you the truth i dont like the flechette, its to...whats the word......uncrontroble, you dont know where those balls are going cause they just bounce everywhere. :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: is the man. LATER

I'm a long time UT player and got JKII this past weekend. So far I think Raven did a great job on the MP aspect. The sabre add a great addition to a FPS, and give JKII multiplayer a twist that other MP FPS's just don't have. And I'll be the first to admit that I jump back and forth between sabre's and guns, depending upon the situation. So I don't understand the big debate going here?

If you think about, every MP FPS are going to have some type of debate going on... campers, spawn killers, and such. You just adjust your style to compensate for these people. The last match I played I used a little strategy that still hasn't been mentioned yet. I came across a room full of people going at it, sabre flying, guns shooting all over the place. So I jumped in, dumped a remote gun sentry in the middle of the room and jedi jumped out and watched the mahem:). I ended up getting two easy kills without breaking a sweat. Now, is this cheese? I don't thiink so, I used a tool that was provided for me in the game. I think of it as strategy.

The same applies if I'm in a battle and almost out of health, I'll take off and drop a force field to prevent my pursuer from finishing me off. It's availble, how I choose to use it, is my strategy! Nothing else.

Slim,

Archived