Home

Console Commands to improve JKII.....

Graphicsgod

Anyone know any console commands that (work in JKII) makes marks on the walls last almost forever, and dead bodies never dissapear?! It's really anoying to see your lightsabre marks dissapear a few sec. after you made them, or the dead bodies dissapear after you look in the opposite direction.

I tried "cg_errordecay 999", but that doesn't work.

Also how to put "some" blood back into the game?! I tried "com_blood 1", but it does nothing. Are the images missing or something? Or is there another command?

And if anyone from Raven is around, please let me know! And any other commands that will improve the way the game looks.

I have a good system, so it can handle it.

Thanks for your time, Graphicsgod.

Leaving marks and hundreds of dead troopers around on any given level would hit performance hard. Even the latest system would start to choke eventually and you would be crawling along at a considerably reduced framerate.

It would appear that the engine was modified so that you were never allowed to do this.

I agree.

I play Unreal Tournament with decals on with NO decay - by the end of a match, the arena is covered in blood, bullet holes, and explosion marks. My system can handle it, and that is why I built my system.

I would suggest a slider, so people could choose on their own. People with poor systems could disable them altogether, and those with uber systems could leave them laying around.

Enhancement:

1. Force Powers in MP balanced, Drain, Lightning, Push are all very over powered. There is an influx of mass pushers with the knockdown rate what it is now it's almost as effective as grip slice in JK1.

2. More of the Single Player type saber fighting in MP, maybe jsut for Duels and Duel games but we need more of that sweet stuff.

3. Balancing the Saber vs the Gunman. Lowering force abilities while holding a gun, lowering splash effect, or changing strafe backward run so they are not as fast as forward run. all would help balance it abit.

4. More skins/models please, Preferably some Dark/Light sided ones to choose from(bring back Dark Kyle!). Would like to see some Expanded Star Wars characters along with the movie characters if possible, would like an official collection of skins since alot of servers won't really stock random skins. Or make it so servers download skins/models or somethign along those lines so that we have alot more variety in our look.

5. More Saber color choices if possible, not really top priority but would like to see this in if possible someday.

Well thats my revised list.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Graphicsgod

Also how to put "some" blood back into the game?! I tried "com_blood 1", but it does nothing. Are the images missing or something? Or is there another command?

It's a Star Wars game, which means they have to abide by the dicates of LEC. Lucas didn't/doesn't want "some" blood to be part of the movies and so there isn't any in the games either. If you watch the movies, you'll see very little blood when someone dies, stormies, officers, rebels, ect... There just isn't much blood letting in the SW universe, the most you'll see was in EP1, the small bit of blood on Qui-Gon and the instant of blood mist from Darth Maul.

There isn't a command, because there isn't any blood in the game.

Archived