Home

spawning npcs and a jedi skirmish simulator...thoughts please.

enderWiggin6

guys, its recently been discovered that its possible to spawn any amount of any enemy or ally you like in the game, including all variations of reborn, luke, jedi trainers... i just tried it out, and its incredibly fun. you just load up a multiplayer map in single player, spawn in a few allies, and a few enemies, and you can saber battle to your hearts content with a 0 ping, and the far superior sp saber system. is it just me, or is this awesome? in fact, its so awesome, i'm thinking of writing some kind of front end, in which you'll be able to pick the map, what allies you want, and what enemies you want, it will generate a script for you, and BAM, you're off setting up every "what if" battle you can think of... what if me, luke, and 3 jedi students took on 10 reborns? well, now you can find out, along with slo motion deaths, and the cool dismemberment (if you've installed it)... anyone interested?

ender.

I never thought about loading a MP map and doing this, thats a good idea. Only problem is they spawn right in front of you, so duel maps would probably be the best ones to use. But I still think its a good idea, you could always spawn some good guys and bad guys then run off and spawn some more.

*edit* heh, just thought of something, you could load the deathstar map and put Desann where the emporer sat, noclip and place other people waiting around, and put crap loads of stormies all over the place then go back and fight your way in.

If anyone wants, try to download this saved game and try it out, just walk straight out and follow the npcs.

Grr didnt know geocities has a max data trasnfer. Anyone have some space on a page for a 98k zip? For a saved game I just spruced up?

Originally posted by Valdarious

If anyone wants, try to download this saved game and try it out, just walk straight out and follow the npcs.

Grr didnt know geocities has a max data trasnfer. Anyone have some space on a page for a 98k zip? For a saved game I just spruced up?

Valdarious, mail it to me at spellcaster13@yahoo.com and I'll upload it to my website so everybody can download it.

-Caster

hehe, yea, noticed that.

There were a few bugs and errors within the game AI etc, but not bad... for one, mobs don't do anything until you get close to them.

Also, performance seemed sluggish. I don't know if that was the level, my comp, or what.

It should be simple enough, then, to make a mission fighting through somewhere with lots of AI Jedi? Like, say, invade Yavin?

And that should be able to be done multi-player, right? So, say, cooperate in invading Yavin? :-)

My framerate is usually at 90 or so but on this level it dropped to 72...oh well. Played fine for me though.

Invade Yavin as Kyle, or as Dessan and the Reborn troops?

(DAMN that would be soooo SHWEEET. Invading the Jedi Academy as Dessan with his Reborn army, fighting Luke and Kyle...MOTHER!!!

Yea, I think that Raven missed a LARGE pull by not including dynamic objective-based MP and even SP w/bots missions.

One of the funnest htings is fighting with other Jedi against Jedi, or even waves of storm troopers. I love doing a Grip and watching a friendly Jedi slice him in half.

I rather enjoy setting up crazy situations. I've done setups like ten Lukes and ten Desanns (the performance is too slow at that point for me to really participate) and watching them go at it.

Earlier, I tried to fill up the pit by spawning R2 units, but my system seemed to be running out of RAM after a while (entire sections of R2s were flashing, and it having trouble displaying Kyle on-screen too), so I had to stop. And I lost the screenshot of of what I had piled up, but it was pretty funny.

I think the reason why there is a lil bit of lag compaired to SP was since its loading a MP map there are some items that cant be loaded, and the engine is trying to figure out whats wrong, who knows, I was wondering if it was just me or not. To spawn something, just type npc spawn desann (or tavion, reborn, rebornboss, rebornacrobat, shadowtrooper, shadowtrooper2, luke, jedi, jedif, jeditrainer) there are alot of them.

Archived